OTA Wednesday Media Access Tweets

JETSfaninNE

Excited to see #24 back on the field again. Can't wait! ™ (© Bart Scott)

Revis loves NY. 

He literally went to NE just to spite **** them, to teach us a lesson.

He's the NFL equivalent of Dorn's wife.

major_league_3.jpg

Owusu actually played well at the end of last season.  I think he's going to make the roster before Evens or Enuwa (Sp) 

The dropises are not helping Evans. Owusu has good chance to make the team if he keeps up his play.

My point was when did Owusu become elite ? Or is it Cro has still not dialed in and sucks.

The dropises are not helping Evans. Owusu has good chance to make the team if he keeps up his play.

My point was when did Owusu become elite ? Or is it Cro has still not dialed in and sucks.

I'm thinking/hoping it's that Owusu is good.

Owusu did really flash last year. Has been held back by injuries. Seems to have the inside track for KO returner as well

\

Bowles on Amaro: "He's the H. Cumberland is the Y."

Essentially they're both starters. Cumby the more traditional TE while Amaro playing more of a WR role. Guess this pretty much means Cumby makes the team. Bowles also says we run a base 3-4 defense with a lot of variations, sometimes it could be a base nickel etc. it depends on the gameplan. Also says we'll go into camp with 4 QB's.

Owusu did really flash last year. Has been held back by injuries. Seems to have the inside track for KO returner as well

\

But for all his flashing he only had 4 catches for 50 odd yards.

IIRC there was a very good KO return though.

We will see how far he goes. It will be an interesting battle for the bottom of the depth chart at the WR position.

\

And that very well might be the card that gets him the final WR roster spot.  If April has anything to say about it anyhow.  

Geno is the starter going in camp according to Chan. They told Fitz that's how it is. Won't say Geno WILL be the starter but says PROBABLY. So, I guess that pretty much seals it. Unless he falls on his face in camp.

If last season was any indication, Geno likes to wait until the regular season to fall flat on his face.

If last season was any indication, Geno likes to wait until the regular season to fall flat on his face.

If he starts in week 1 and this team doesn't make the playoffs he's done here. Unfortunately it's a wasted opportunity in that case, a wasted year when we really are in position to make some noise if we had a QB who can manage a game.

If he starts in week 1 and this team doesn't make the playoffs he's done here. Unfortunately it's a wasted opportunity in that case, a wasted year when we really are in position to make some noise if we had a QB who can manage a game.

Big difference is Bowles will not hesitate to make a QB change (unlike our previous coach) if Smith "wets the

bed" again.  He's not going to waste the type of defense we will have this year

Big difference is Bowles will not hesitate to make a QB change (unlike our previous coach) if Smith "wets the

bed" again. He's not going to waste the type of defense we will have this year

This is what I'm expecting. They can't waste this season without trying Fitz.

The key thing will be when does Chan/Todd pull the plug on Geno. Do you have a cuttthroat approach where Geno gets benched as soon as he starts to struggle? I think 1-2 games would do it in that case. Do you give him a little bit of a leash? 3-4 games, sort of trying to see if he can bounce back? Are you loyal to him to make sure you don't crush his confidence and let him in there until the team is out of the playoff race becore you bench him? So that remains to be seen. How much of a leash does Geno get.

Normally I'd say the guy deserves at least 4-5 games but Geno really hasn't earned the right to being given a longer leash to sort of try to bounce back from terrible back to back performances or just losses that were on him (one turnover does it). So I'd say he deserves 2 bad games. If he's got a bad game and the next game he starts out slow again and is about to lay another egg I say go bench him at half time and move on with Fitz. Maybe it'll crush his confidence, maybe it'll seal his fate as a starting QB in the NFL (a la EJ Manuel) but you can't put him over the franchise. If he can't get it together after a couple of games, if he struggles and holds the team back he needs to be benched ASAP. There's no excuse at this point. He's been in the system long enough, he's got great weapons around him, a great defense, a good running game, good coaching. He has nobody to blame but himself if he struggles so I have no sympathy with him if he gets benched after 2 games and hopefully Todd/Chan handle it that way.

The key thing will be when does Chan/Todd pull the plug on Geno. Do you have a cuttthroat approach where Geno gets benched as soon as he starts to struggle? I think 1-2 games would do it in that case. Do you give him a little bit of a leash? 3-4 games, sort of trying to see if he can bounce back? Are you loyal to him to make sure you don't crush his confidence and let him in there until the team is out of the playoff race becore you bench him? So that remains to be seen. How much of a leash does Geno get.

Normally I'd say the guy deserves at least 4-5 games but Geno really hasn't earned the right to being given a longer leash to sort of try to bounce back from terrible back to back performances or just losses that were on him (one turnover does it). So I'd say he deserves 2 bad games. If he's got a bad game and the next game he starts out slow again and is about to lay another egg I say go bench him at half time and move on with Fitz. Maybe it'll crush his confidence, maybe it'll seal his fate as a starting QB in the NFL (a la EJ Manuel) but you can't put him over the franchise. If he can't get it together after a couple of games, if he struggles and holds the team back he needs to be benched ASAP. There's no excuse at this point. He's been in the system long enough, he's got great weapons around him, a great defense, a good running game, good coaching. He has nobody to blame but himself if he struggles so I have no sympathy with him if he gets benched after 2 games and hopefully Todd/Chan handle it that way.

We all need to remember this will be Geno's second NFL offensive system, he's not going to be operating on all cylinders because of it, to give him 1-2 games is unfair, he deserves 4-8 games.  He first needs to be able to grasp the offense, to understand what Gailey wants to do, then be able to QB the team.  Even veteran QB's will struggle when going through a system change, Geno is still a two year player going into his 3rd year, that has to be considered.

The anti-Geno brigade will just need to learn patience, we all will, let this team go through the bumps and bruises of a new coaching staff, and new systems on both sides.

We all need to remember this will be Geno's second NFL offensive system, he's not going to be operating on all cylinders because of it, to give him 1-2 games is unfair, he deserves 4-8 games.  He first needs to be able to grasp the offense, to understand what Gailey wants to do, then be able to QB the team.  Even veteran QB's will struggle when going through a system change, Geno is still a two year player going into his 3rd year, that has to be considered.

The anti-Geno brigade will just need to learn patience, we all will, let this team go through the bumps and bruises of a new coaching staff, and new systems on both sides.

I understand where you're coming from, but to be frank he just isn't worth it. That's the cold truth. He doesn't have the luxury of being a top 10 pick, he won't be given the Sanchez treatment. At this point I think we have a 2 year window to get something done, make some noise before we have to rebuild. Putting all our eggs in one basket with Geno and just letting him try to bounce back and cost us a season if he can't when we are in a crucial phase / must win situation right now just isn't an option. It's not fair to the fans, it's not fair to the rest of the players. If Geno has a terrible game and he starts the next game with a pick 6 just pull him and let him sit for the rest of the year and maybe compete for the starting job a year later. It's cut throat but that's just the way it is. He's gotten a lot of opportunities to show us something, he now has a huge opportunity to show us something. If he doesn't show any consistency, if he doesn't show us that he made progress, with all the talent around him, then he just doesn't deserve another shot and should be pulled before it's too late. Right now is not the time to develop a QB, to be patient. Once this 1-2 year window closes, after our little playoff run, it's a different story, then I'm all for developing a QB.

He 'deserves' nothing at all.  The team and fans deserve the best QB playing and if Fitz knows the system and is healthy we don't owe geno a blessed thing.  He's a 2nd round pick, the 3rd player we took in that draft.  He's not some coveted top 10 pick.  It is up to Geno to take this, his 3rd chance at proving he is the guy and run with it.  The moment he cracks he's out of there as far as I'm concerned.

We all need to remember this will be Geno's second NFL offensive system, he's not going to be operating on all cylinders because of it, to give him 1-2 games is unfair, he deserves 4-8 games. He first needs to be able to grasp the offense, to understand what Gailey wants to do, then be able to QB the team. Even veteran QB's will struggle when going through a system change, Geno is still a two year player going into his 3rd year, that has to be considered.

You are so right.

This is a New coaching staff not a continuation of the Rex Ryan regime. We must have patience and not act like we are going to the SB this year.

Owusu actually played well at the end of last season.  I think he's going to make the roster before Evens or Enuwa (Sp) 

I agree he did play well; my only issue with him is his history of concussions (3 I think).  I can see him beating out Evans who has yet to show much, but I think Enuwa might make it. 

And you know this how? 

Archived