The Patriots No 1

Greensince69

An interesting idea.  By taking away the pats no pick we are screwing a college player who would have been picked in the first round. How about talking the pick, wherever it lands, and auctioning it off to the other teams and talking the proceeds and giving it to the old NFL players medical fund.  I am sure Jerry or Paul Allen would fork over a few million for an extra number one. 

An interesting idea.  By taking away the pats no pick we are screwing a college player who would have been picked in the first round. How about talking the pick, wherever it lands, and auctioning it off to the other teams and talking the proceeds and giving it to the old NFL players medical fund.  I am sure Jerry or Paul Allen would fork over a few million for an extra number one. 

Better yet, give us the pick and call it "compensatory".  For all the sh*t we've had to put up with in this f*cking division.

Kid should have tried a little harder.  

^^^^THIS^^^^

^^^^THIS^^^^

^^^^THIS^^^^

^^^^THIS^^^^

^^^^THIS^^^^

^^^^THIS^^^^

^^^^THIS^^^^

^^^^THIS^^^^

^^^^THIS^^^^

^^^^THIS^^^^

Better yet, give us the pick and call it "compensatory".  For all the sh*t we've had to put up with in this f*cking division.

Read crusher's post.

It's an interesting point which I reject.  Could be the hardest working kid out there.  There's still going to be only 31 first round picks rather than 32.  Someone is getting squeezed out.  Sucks.

Meh.... the last four picks of the first round now would have been the first four picks of the second round 20 years ago. It's all relative. Whoever is taken 32nd in the draft will still be the 32nd player selected. 

not really, anyone worth a damn will be either drafted or picked up via free agency. no one is losing a job.

No. That college player will be just as fine being selected 33rd overall. Mo wishes he was selected 33rd overall.

not really, anyone worth a damn will be either drafted or picked up via free agency. no one is losing a job.

Unless Im reading it wrong, I think he meant a player that was going to be selected 32nd overall, now becomes 33rd overall or later, and in to the 2nd round.

Meh.... the last four picks of the first round now would have been the first four picks of the second round 20 years ago. It's all relative. Whoever is taken 32nd in the draft will still be the 32nd player selected. 

Good point Johnny Unitas was a 9th rd pick when he was drafted today he would be a early 4th rd pick.. :winking0001:

It's an interesting point which I reject.  Could be the hardest working kid out there.  There's still going to be only 31 first round picks rather than 32.  Someone is getting squeezed out.  Sucks.

If this was the MLBPA, they would sue the league for denying a player a chance to play.  :)

Archived