Jetmech

Welcome back Revis!

Published: May 20, 2015 at 08:40 p.m.

Updated: May 20, 2015 at 08:45 p.m.

Darrelle Revis: Patriots 'have a history of doing stuff'

[http://static]

Dan Hanzus

Around the NFL Writer

Darrelle Revis won a Super Bowl with Tom Brady, but he's not going to let his former teammate off the hook on the subject of thePatriots' ball deflation scandal.

"Everybody's blowing it up because it is Tom Brady," Revis told the New York Daily News on Wednesday. "I understand that. But if (the NFL) feels he did the crime or he did something and they want to penalize them, then that's that. (The Patriots) have a history of doing stuff. You can't hide that. ... Tom was there when they did that stuff in the past."

Brady has appealed his four-game suspension, which came down from the NFL after Ted Wells' independent investigation found it was "more probable than not" that Brady was "at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities" regarding the deflation of Patriotsgame balls used in the AFC Championship Game against the Colts.

Revis was a rookie when the Patriots were disciplined for videotaping the Jets' sideline during a game in 2007. The star cornerback doesn't believe the Patriots' pattern of behavior can be ignored.

"New England's been doing stuff in the past and getting in trouble," Revis said. "When stuff repeatedly happens, then that's it. I don't know what else to tell you. Stuff repeatedly happened through the years. You got SpyGate, you got this and that and everything else. Obviously in those situations in the past, they had the evidence. So they did what they needed to do."

Revis  doesn't have any sympathy for Brady's situation.

"If I fail a drug test, then I fail a drug test. If I get a DUI, I get a DUI," Revis said. "If Tom gets caught with a DUI, it's a DUI. ... If they are saying that he did what he's done, then the suspension is the suspension. I'm not the commissioner and don't make the rules. If they want to change (the suspension) based on new information or new evidence, then OK, but it should have nothing to do with Tom being the face (of the NFL)."

Revis' cameo in New England suddenly feels like a distant memory.

The latest Around The NFL Podcast ranks every starting quarterback on "The Dalton Scale" and goes over all the latest news. Find more Around The NFL content on NFL NOW.

Oh Boy Revis shall be hated hereinafter do to his expressing his honest feelings.

But he is saying it like it is not the foolishness of ESPN the NFL network and the Pats enablers.

But point of fact all he is saying is what's the big deal if you do something wrong take the punishment and move on!!!

Darrelle Revis is such a mercenary. Defending the Cheatriots would obviously be intolerable to Jets fans. Still... the mercenary signed with the Jets' absolute most hated rival, helped them win another tainted SB, and now takes a not-so-veiled shot at them too after going to visit the White House with the pricks.

If he has real dirt on the Cheatriots, and he "always felt like a Jet" and doesn't like the Foxborough frauds, now is a good time to spill the beans.

What is his angle here? He could have avoided defending the Cheaters, just passed the buck and said "No comment."

Seriously, who is this guy?!?! He has zero loyalty to anybody. If he was a loyal Jet he would out their shady practices that we all know exist.

Darrelle Revis is such a mercenary. Defending the Cheatriots would obviously be intolerable to Jets fans. Still... the mercenary signed with the Jets' absolute most hated rival, helped them win another tainted SB, and now takes a not-so-veiled shot at them too after going to visit the White House with the pricks.

If he has real dirt on the Cheatriots, and he "always felt like a Jet" and doesn't like the Foxborough frauds, now is a good time to spill the beans.

What is his angle here? He could have avoided defending the Cheaters, just passed the buck and said "No comment."

Seriously, who is this guy?!?! He has zero loyalty to anybody. If he was a loyal Jet he would out their shady practices that we all know exist.

Didnt the JETS refuse to sign him? And didnt he get paid $16 million? Tell me that under the same circumstances you would refuse the money and go unemployed for a year out of loyalty to people who didnt want you at the time for a job that could leave you crippled and cast off at any moment...I think not. Dont call the guy out for something that you know that you would do. 

Didnt the JETS refuse to sign him? And didnt he get paid $16 million? Tell me that under the same circumstances you would refuse the money and go unemployed for a year out of loyalty to people who didnt want you at the time for a job that could leave you crippled and cast off at any moment...I think not. Dont call the guy out for something that you know that you would do.

Thank you.

Folks are a joke saying that they would take millions less for a team that said through their GM Idzik that we didn't want him!!

Would I take the 16M? Yeah, probably... but not necessarily if another team offered $13M. If nobody else offered anything close... then definitely.

However, would I take the contract from the archrival of the team I identify most with, then visit the White House with them, then take a shot at them weeks later? No.

If he didn't believe in the Cheatriot Way, he should not have gone to the White House. A man has to draw the line somewhere.

My point is that he would sell his integrity at any price because he never draws a line for anything.

I have taken jobs for less money that appreciate what I contribute and treat me better as a human being, even if the budget is less.

If he didn't believe in the Cheatriot Way, he should not have gone to the White House. A man has to draw the line somewhere.

If he didn't believe in it then he shouldn't have signed with them in the first place.  

It's not as if New England was the only team that wanted his services.  

Would I take the 16M? Yeah, probably... but not necessarily if another team offered $13M. If nobody else offered anything close... then definitely.

However, would I take the contract from the archrival of the team I identify most with, then visit the White House with them, then take a shot at them weeks later? No.

My point is that he would sell his integrity at any price because he never draws a line for anything.

I have taken jobs for less money that appreciate what I contribute and treat me better as a human being, even if the budget is less.

Did we offer him anything? And honestly, Idzick was the one who traded him so you would think there'd be some hard feelings there just a year later

Did we offer him anything? And honestly, Idzick was the one who traded him so you would think there'd be some hard feelings there just a year later

Who said anything about the Jets offering him anything? If any other team offered $13M, and the Cheaters offered $16M, a normal human being would consider signing with a team that has integrity.

If the Cheaters offered you a job in their front office for $200K? And the Cardinals offered you a job for $165K? Which would you take?

Revis is a great player, but a stone-cold mercenary.

Please tell me somebody understands my point...

Please tell me somebody understands my point...

I understand your point.

There's no question that Revis is a mercenary.  That's just a statement of fact.  If Manchester United had entered the bidding and put up $71 million, then Revis would be in Europe right now learning how to play soccer.

I understand your point.

There's no question that Revis is a mercenary. That's just a statement of fact. If Manchester United had entered the bidding and put up $71 million, then Revis would be in Europe right now learning how to play soccer.

Worse. Revis would play 6 years for Sunderland... then play a year for Newcastle and win the FA cup... then go back to Sunderland and take a shot at Newcastle.

I understand your point.

There's no question that Revis is a mercenary.  That's just a statement of fact.  If Manchester United had entered the bidding and put up $71 million, then Revis would be in Europe right now learning how to play soccer.

Worse. Revis would play 6 years for Sunderland... then play a year for Newcastle and win the FA cup... then go back to Sunderland and take a shot at Newcastle.

is this some kinda circus act or something? geeze. get over it. taking shots? he was asked a damn question and answered it. mercenary? last I checked, revis was traded to the bucs and first chance he got, he called the jets as a free agent, who didn't even bother to return his phone calls. revis should have taken less money elsewhere? geeze. let me think about this for a minute. go play for a bum team and take less OR get top dollar and a super bowl ring? descisions.descisions. thru out all the b.s., the bottom line is revis never left the jets. the jets chose to get rid of him.twice

Revis is a mercenary, with no allegiances and he's right. Everyone other than the tools(a couple of them posting here) who all miraculously became Pats fans post 2000 know they cheat. I wouldn't give a flying **** if it was my team and I'd count those SBs all the same but I'd like to think I know myself well enough to realize what any reasonable person can see. They ******* cheat

is this some kinda circus act or something? geeze. get over it. taking shots? he was asked a damn question and answered it. mercenary? last I checked, revis was traded to the bucs and first chance he got, he called the jets as a free agent, who didn't even bother to return his phone calls. revis should have taken less money elsewhere? geeze. let me think about this for a minute. go play for a bum team and take less OR get top dollar and a super bowl ring? descisions.descisions. thru out all the b.s., the bottom line is revis never left the jets. the jets chose to get rid of him.twice

Your spelling and grammar are atrocious. Your statements, however, are quite valid.

Except, of course, for one glaring omission of relevant information. Revis held out before his rookie contract, and during his rookie contract. That is also "twice."

He then threatened to hold out again during his bandaid contract. Two holdouts and a threat in 6 years.

Your spelling and grammar is atrocious. Your statements, however, are quite valid.

Except for one glaring omission of relevant information. Revis held out of before his rookie contract, and during his rookie contract. That is also "twice."

He then threatened to hold out again during his bandaid contract. Two holdouts and a threat in 6 years.

ya, I heard your wife is atrocious too, but lets stay on topic. let me clue you in on a little secret. holding out twice is not being a mercenary. look it up. and the only people who believe he "threatened" to hold out a 3rd time are media sheep who are angled into believing that is what he said. when in fact, he didn't threaten to do anything

ya, I heard your wife is atrocious too, but lets stay on topic. let me clue you in on a little secret. holding out twice is not being a mercenary. look it up. and the only people who believe he "threatened" to hold out a 3rd time are media sheep who are angled into believing that is what he said. when in fact, he didn't threaten to do anything

Classy. Never speak of my wife again.

don't be "classy" yourself and I wont

Hmmmm... 42 years old, lousy grasp of the English language, Pantera avatar.

I picture a failed musician, with long and ratty hair, with a few instruments and speakers, lots of video games, while living in Mom's basement.

Hmmmm... 42 years old, lousy grasp of the English language, Pantera avatar.

I picture a failed musician, with long and ratty hair, with a few instruments and speakers, lots of video games, while living in Mom's basement.

and I shudder the thought of your atrocious wife.

Why would a DB have any insight into cheating by a QB behind the scenes?

And how is Revis a mercenary? He's played with the Jets, who TRADED him to the Bucs, who released him. He signed with the only team to offer him a deal and when he was released he came home.

I understand your point.

The "mercenary" talk is useless now. Given the contrat that Revis signed, he's more likely than not going to retire as a Jet

Your spelling and grammar are atrocious. Your statements, however, are quite valid.

Except, of course, for one glaring omission of relevant information. Revis held out before his rookie contract, and during his rookie contract. That is also "twice."

You run loose with the facts. He held out with his rookie contract because the Jets tried to set a precedent and get him to sign a contract that would keep him under their control and not let him get FA money an extra year. Which was different than any other rookies contract. The union would have destroyed him for agreeing to that deal. The Jets broke down and payed him as all rookies are paid. No extra money, just fighting over controlling him an extra year. Had nothing to do with agreeing on money as holdout implies. He did hold out to redo his rookie deal, agreed. But the threat of another holdout is imaginary. He never threaten to hold out, everyone assumed he would opt out because Tanny gave him that option in his contract. Idzik traded him before it ever got to that point, now name the team who offered him 13 mil that he turned down for extra dollars from the Pats. That's nonsense, he signed with the Pats hours after being released. Everyone knows the Pats were in contact with him while he was a Buc. And since when do the Pats outpay others?

Who said anything about the Jets offering him anything? If any other team offered $13M, and the Cheaters offered $16M, a normal human being would consider signing with a team that has integrity.

If the Cheaters offered you a job in their front office for $200K? And the Cardinals offered you a job for $165K? Which would you take?

Please tell me somebody understands my point

I'd take the $200k, its not like I'm a damn Cardinals fan. 

Were any other team offering him less but close to the money in any position to win the super bowl? I didn't think so.

I have no ill will towards Revis being a Pat.

All the guys popping off about 'loyalty' would actually be signing with the Pats and Raiders if they were in his shoes. He has an obligation to his family, not laundry.

That said, plenty of guys take less to play for a potential winner or home town late in their careers. Sports-wide I mean.

I'd take the $200k, its not like I'm a damn Cardinals fan.

Were any other team offering him less but close to the money in any position to win the super bowl? I didn't think so.

I'd take the $165k for Arizona because Massachusetts is a high tax sh*t hole. I say this as someone born and raised in NJ where its the same thing.

Please refrain from personal attacks.  Especially bringing family into it.  Thanks.

Archived