Darrelle Revis: Patriots 'have a history of doing stuff'

Jetmech

Revis wanted a wheelbarrow of cash and like any other great player, he wanted a championship ring.

He knew it wasnt happening here with a doofus coach and a buttfumble QB.

Mission accomplished. Good for him. Lets just be happy he is back.

Welcome back Revis!

Published: May 20, 2015 at 08:40 p.m.

Updated: May 20, 2015 at 08:45 p.m.

Darrelle Revis: Patriots 'have a history of doing stuff'

[http://static]

Dan Hanzus

Around the NFL Writer

Darrelle Revis won a Super Bowl with Tom Brady, but he's not going to let his former teammate off the hook on the subject of thePatriots' ball deflation scandal.

"Everybody's blowing it up because it is Tom Brady," Revis told the New York Daily News on Wednesday. "I understand that. But if (the NFL) feels he did the crime or he did something and they want to penalize them, then that's that. (The Patriots) have a history of doing stuff. You can't hide that. ... Tom was there when they did that stuff in the past."

Brady has appealed his four-game suspension, which came down from the NFL after Ted Wells' independent investigation found it was "more probable than not" that Brady was "at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities" regarding the deflation of Patriotsgame balls used in the AFC Championship Game against the Colts.

Revis was a rookie when the Patriots were disciplined for videotaping the Jets' sideline during a game in 2007. The star cornerback doesn't believe the Patriots' pattern of behavior can be ignored.

"New England's been doing stuff in the past and getting in trouble," Revis said. "When stuff repeatedly happens, then that's it. I don't know what else to tell you. Stuff repeatedly happened through the years. You got SpyGate, you got this and that and everything else. Obviously in those situations in the past, they had the evidence. So they did what they needed to do."

Revis  doesn't have any sympathy for Brady's situation.

"If I fail a drug test, then I fail a drug test. If I get a DUI, I get a DUI," Revis said. "If Tom gets caught with a DUI, it's a DUI. ... If they are saying that he did what he's done, then the suspension is the suspension. I'm not the commissioner and don't make the rules. If they want to change (the suspension) based on new information or new evidence, then OK, but it should have nothing to do with Tom being the face (of the NFL)."

Revis' cameo in New England suddenly feels like a distant memory.

The latest Around The NFL Podcast ranks every starting quarterback on "The Dalton Scale" and goes over all the latest news. Find more Around The NFL content on NFL NOW.

Love it

The best part of the entire Revis story, he really truly loves being a Jet, and you can tell that while he enjoyed winning*, he was not that overly happy playing on that Patriot team.  He really has a disdain like a Jets fan would of the Pats.

You run loose with the facts. He held out with his rookie contract because the Jets tried to set a precedent and get him to sign a contract that would keep him under their control and not let him get FA money an extra year. Which was different than any other rookies contract. The union would have destroyed him for agreeing to that deal. The Jets broke down and payed him as all rookies are paid. No extra money, just fighting over controlling him an extra year. Had nothing to do with agreeing on money as holdout implies. He did hold out to redo his rookie deal, agreed. But the threat of another holdout is imaginary. He never threaten to hold out, everyone assumed he would opt out because Tanny gave him that option in his contract. Idzik traded him before it ever got to that point, now name the team who offered him 13 mil that he turned down for extra dollars from the Pats. That's nonsense, he signed with the Pats hours after being released. Everyone knows the Pats were in contact with him while he was a Buc. And since when do the Pats outpay others?

Thank you so much.

Some Jets fans are very quick to attack Jets no matter what and what is even worse for imaginary things that never happened!!

Simply Mindboggling....

There is not 1 owner out there who honor contracts, players get cut everyday, owners break contracts every day... when a player gets leverage, he should hold out every effen time, get a clue sheeps

You see people have been conditioned (programmed) to be workers not owners so they think it is a privilege for the players to play in the NFL as opposed to an owner's RIGHT to own an NFL team.

So they put themselves in the players shoes but not the owners saying I would be happy with X Million of Dollars and never thinking that the same would hold true if they were an owner!

Darrelle Revis is such a mercenary. Defending the Cheatriots would obviously be intolerable to Jets fans. Still... the mercenary signed with the Jets' absolute most hated rival, helped them win another tainted SB, and now takes a not-so-veiled shot at them too after going to visit the White House with the pricks.

If he has real dirt on the Cheatriots, and he "always felt like a Jet" and doesn't like the Foxborough frauds, now is a good time to spill the beans.

What is his angle here? He could have avoided defending the Cheaters, just passed the buck and said "No comment."

Seriously, who is this guy?!?! He has zero loyalty to anybody. If he was a loyal Jet he would out their shady practices that we all know exist.

Since when is stating public facts, and expressing his honest opinion make someone a bad guy?

I see nothing wrong with his statement from either a Jets point of view, or a Pats point of view, he isn't offering up unknown knowledge of anything from his year up there, all he is doing is stating that if someone does the crime they do the time regardless of who they are, no special treatment, and I agree.

It's just as if he did say no comment, nothing controversial in his words.

Archived