Maccagnan Strikes Again! (Plucking scouts from the Packers)

Villain The Foe

Lee Gissendaner, an "Area Scout" for the Packers since 1998 has left Green Bay to be a "National Scout" for the New York Jets. Maccagnan doesnt slack a second! If you're going to pluck scouts from a team, let it be a vet scout that has been with an organization for almost 20 years that has made a name for itself building through the draft, and being successful at it.

And as a side note, with all of the offseason signings Macc has made, including the rookies, the Jets have 6.5 million left in cap space. Im liking this dude more and more each day.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And as a side note, with all of the offseason signings Macc has made, including the rookies, the Jets have 6.5 million left in cap space. Im liking this dude more and more each day.

It's no miracle. He did have a ton of cap space to begin with. It's not like every signing he has made has been close to fair value.

And contracts were front loaded so we will have a ton of cap space next year too.,

Well, at least you resisted going on your usual Brandon Marshall tirade. That's an improvement.

Who the eff are you ? If i want you to take a cheap shot at me, I will let you know. Till then GFY!

The money does not come out of my pocket. Only reason i point out stupid decisions are because i would like the JETS to win it all ONCE in my lifetime. Period.

Lee Gissendaner, an "Area Scout" for the Packers since 1998 has left Green Bay to be a "National Scout" for the New York Jets. Maccagnan doesnt slack a second! If you're going to pluck scouts from a team, let it be a vet scout that has been with an organization for almost 20 years that has made a name for itself building through the draft, and being successful at it.

Gotta laugh.  In that interview last week  he said he was expecting things to slow down after the draft but they weren't.  Guy is all in all the time.

And contracts were front loaded so we will have a ton of cap space next year too.,

A good job was done.  In fact, even if Bowles should suck, he is covered.  Woody hired him.  But I think Bowles will be fine.  He seems to have come in  organized.  And that is a key in pro coaching.

Gissendaner_Lee.jpg
BIOGRAPHY
Now in his 14th season as an area scout, Lee Gissendaner begins his 17th season overall with the Green Bay Packers.

Named to his current position on May 15, 2001, Gissendaner originally joined the Packers in 1998 as the team’s representative in the National Scouting Service and authored preliminary evaluations of all prospective seniors in upcoming NFL drafts during his initial three seasons with the club.

The 42-year-old Gissendaner began his post-football career by serving as a graduate assistant coach for Kent State University (1997) while working toward his master’s degree. He subsequently was named to a scouting position with the Packers July 8, 1998, by then-Executive Vice President/General Manager Ron Wolf.

A four-year letterman (1990-93) and three-year starter at wide receiver for Northwestern University, Gissendaner led the NCAA in punt return average (21.8 yards) in 1992. That year, he also was named Most Valuable Player in the Big Ten Conference, was a first-team All-Big Ten selection and was voted as Northwestern’s team MVP. Gissendaner was named to the Big Ten’s 100-Year Anniversary Team during the conference’s centennial celebration in 1995 and served as an honorary game captain for the Wildcats when they hosted Michigan State in November 2013.

Gissendaner graduated from Northwestern in 1994 with a degree in organizational management, and earned his master’s degree in sports administration from Kent State in 1998.

Originally chosen in the sixth round of the 1994 NFL Draft by the then-Houston Oilers, Gissendaner was released that year at the conclusion of training camp. He then spent the 1995 season with the Toronto Argonauts of the CFL and the summer of 1996 with the World League champion Scottish Claymores.

In the fall of 1996, Gissendaner returned to the U.S. and went to training camp with the Vikings, eventually spending parts of the ’96 season on Minnesota’s practice squad.

A four-year letterman at Stow (Ohio) Monroe Falls High School, Gissendaner was selected All-Summit County, all-metro area and team MVP at wide receiver during his senior season. A two-time all-metro pole vaulter, he earned three additional varsity letters in track. Gissendaner was inducted into the school’s hall of fame in 2002.

In 1999, Gissendaner’s accomplishments and community efforts were recognized as he was inducted into the City of Akron/Summit County Sports Hall of Fame.

Gissendaner was born Oct. 25, 1971, in Akron, Ohio. He and his wife, Jamie, a registered nurse, reside in Wilmington, Del., with their daughter, Leah, 6, and their son, Tyler, 2. Gissendaner’s hobbies include traveling, drawing, listening to music and reading – mainly biographies and other nonfiction. He also works as a motivational speaker for youth, focusing on the importance of setting goals.

I know we always get are hopes up every few years, but it does feel different this time.

Total competence.

it does feel different.  Macc seems to have aced his part  in the off season.  Lets see if Bowles can hold up his end of the deal.  The balls in his court now

Gotta laugh. In that interview last week he said he was expecting things to slow down after the draft but they weren't. Guy is all in all the time.

I like what Mac has done so far. But this is a reach. Things have slowed down significantly since draft. Hiring a scout doesn't change that.

Archived