Sheldon Richardson

Mo Lew

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry if this has been posted but anyone else worried about him not showing up to voluntary ota's? As much as I like him he's going to be hard to deal with come contract time.

You got all of this because he's not at a voluntary activity?

One that you have no clue why he's missed?

Sheldon knows he's not getting anything this year, he'll have to wait one more year. I think him not showing up is more of a "hey, don't forget about me, I have to be paid as well" kind of a thing. He'll be there come camp and probably say the OTA's were voluntary, he had other stuff to attend to or just didn't feel like it, whatever. The only reason he MAYBE could be "hard to deal with" is the fact that he's gonna ask for a lot of money and we don't know how much money we can afford to put in that D-Line. With Mo, Snacks coming up, Coples as well. But he's worth every penny. You can't hold that against him. The Texans didn't go "Watt is gonna be hard to deal with".

Jets fans are terrible. I can't wait for the What Can We Get For Sheldron Trade thread! I love the fact that he called out the fans that were harassing him too! The Dude is a beast. Fans need to get a grip. We're talking bout practice! Voluntary Practice in shorts!

Sheldons great no doubt and deserves to get paid. But do you think he's worth Watt money? Not sure about that.

At this point no but I wasn't saying he should be paid like Watt, I was just saying that it'll be hard to offer him 60-70-80 mil. if we're paying Mo around the same money. And then you add in Coples. Harrison is a FA next year, Leonard Williams will have to be paid in 2-3 years if he's "for real". I think right now (camp & preseason) we're evaluating Leonard Williams and see if he can step in and play well. If so we might end up trading Mo in the next few weeks. If he does play well we will have to trade Mo. We can't pay them all. Sheldon is a lock. Snacks is probably gone next year. And then it's between Leonard & Wilk. Do you extend Mo now? How do you afford to pay Leonard in 3 years if he's for real? It's a good problem to have I guess. Better than not having any good players.

Hes been spending time with his family for six months now. He can do what he wants but cahmahn with that as a reason.

He can do whatever he wants if he shows up and plays at the same level or even a higher level than he did last season. He's earned that. Dude played harder and showed more effort than the rest of the defense combined.

Sorry if this has been posted but anyone else worried about him not showing up to voluntary ota's? As much as I like him he's going to be hard to deal with come contract time.

Agree

I understand why Wilkerson isn't there, so I'm not really worried about it.   Richardson worries me a bit.  No, he is not required to be there, but every one else is.

Players are always talking about being showed respect.  Think it is just a bit disrespectful, to both his team mates, and the new HC to just blow off the OTA's, because he just doesn't want to be there.  None of them do.

We have been saying for some time now that the Jets will be hard pressed to pay both Richardson, and Wilkerson.  IMO nothing is going to happen this year with Wilkerson, but next off season they are going to decide who they are going to pay.  i think Wilkerson wants to be here.  His family is here.  Don't think Richardson really cares where he plays, as long as he is paid top dollar.

Just my opinion.  We'll see how it all plays out

Does anyone think he might be skipping an OTA as a show of solidarity to Mo?

No. I just looked at his instagram, people in his family were graduating from various institutions earlier this week and he was there. 

There should be some board rule that suspends posters from creating threads if it's this stupid... Like 2 weeks for your first infraction of stupidity. 

There would literally be no content on the site.

No. I just looked at his instagram, people in his family were graduating from various institutions earlier this week and he was there. 

BUT FANS DEMAND HE EARN HIS MONEY IN MAY!!!! CONCERNS CONCERNS CONCERNS.

******* embarrassment.

Archived