IK our hidden gem this year

DaBallhawk

I also have high hopes for IK but even the Ghost got a sack in the pre season.. Preseason also had the Rat to Clowney awhile back but getting a sack against future loading dock workers just don't do it for me.. :winking0001:

Well, what is he supposed to do? Rex didn't put him on the field. When he got some snaps in the regular season he looked fantastic. I mean look at the plays he made vs the Titans. 2 pass breakups, good pass rush, bullrushed Warmack into his own QB and recorded a sack. His sack got wiped out by a dumb penalty (courtesy of Kyle Wilson of course).

(3:03) (Shotgun) 12-C.Whitehurst sacked at TEN 14 for -8 yards (51-I.Enemkpali). PENALTY on NYJ-20-K.Wilson, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at TEN 22 - No Play.

IK is legit.

His body structure reminds me more of a taller James Harrison.  His lack of reps last year was

a huge indictment of Ryan and his staff.  Because every time he appeared on the field he made

himself known whether it was special teams or situational pass rush

I really feel that Rex was loathe to do anything that might make Idzik look good last year.

Pace has been a very good Jets LB for years. He is one of the better FA's the Jets have signed. He may be old now but I have a hard time thinking of him as a clown.

What's funny is that in the last gif Pace is the guy who flushes the QB into IK for the sack. 

After all the help Idzik gave Rex??  :animal0029:

In truth I agree.  You defend Rex more than I do (sound like a Herm apologist!)..Heheheheheh... but there is NO QUESTION that Rex was hung out to dry by Idzik.

IMO Idzik had a plan alright and that plan was to undermine Rex!!

I heard all I could from that man Idzik (whom I originally supported) when he said during his state of the Jets mid-season report that the Jets had MORE than enough talent to win. WHAT!!!

I realized then that Idzik was setting Ryan up, for only Stevie Wonder would have said that there was enough talent on the Jets for them to be winners.  We were awful talent wise, AWFUL and here this clown was saying we had all the talent we needed.  He then IMO had to go.

Unfortunately Rex couldn't survive the dismissal of Idzik.  If Mac had been hired as the GM I believe Rex would still be here! 

Now it is Bowles I trust... Lets Go Jets!

In truth I agree.  You defend Rex more than I do (sound like a Herm apologist!)..Heheheheheh... but there is NO QUESTION that Rex was hung out to dry by Idzik.

I heard all I could from that man Idzik (whom I originally supported) when he said during his state of the Jets mid-season report that the Jets had MORE than enough talent to win. WHAT!!!

I realized then that Idzik was setting Ryan up, for only Stevie Wonder would have said that there was enough talent on the Jets for them to be winners.  We were awful talent wise, AWFUL and here this clown was saying we had all the talent we needed.  He then IMO had to go.

Unfortunately Rex couldn't survive the dismissal of Idzik.  If Mac had been hired as the GM I believe Rex would still be here! 

I'm very happy with the Mac-Bowles combo and looking forward to a playoff year providing Geno helps a bit.. :winking0001:

Even if  Rex had stayed for the Mac era, his loosey-goosey managerial style and country club atmosphere of soft practices and lack of preparation for games would have persisted.  Sorry, but those flaws had nothing to do with who the GM was.  Not to mention his big fat mouth, which did nobody any good except for the Manish Mehtas of the world. 

jackie_gleason_honeymooner.jpg

Even if  Rex had stayed for the Mac era, his loosey-goosey managerial style and country club atmosphere of soft practices and lack of preparation for games would have persisted.  Sorry, but those flaws had nothing to do with who the GM was.  Not to mention his big fat mouth, which did nobody any good except for the Manish Mehtas of the world. 

jackie_gleason_honeymooner.jpg

I was very very very tough on Rex but I think in the right situation Rex could and can be successful.

I think Mac would have not let Rex run wild, maybe I am wrong but I think Mac understands a team wins championships. For example (My guess Is) he would have drafted a Bridgewater last year to have a real competition with Geno.  Rex was trying and showed with quality assistants that he could win.  

As far as shooting off at the mouth he had to win or as it became the talk became foolishness.  I never like talking unless you win but all of that is behind us I feel very comfortable with Bowles and Mac at the helm.  In fact I feel the best since 1998 win or lose....

Hopefully win!

Lets Go Jets!!

Well, what is he supposed to do? Rex didn't put him on the field. When he got some snaps in the regular season he looked fantastic. I mean look at the plays he made vs the Titans. 2 pass breakups, good pass rush, bullrushed Warmack into his own QB and recorded a sack. His sack got wiped out by a dumb penalty (courtesy of Kyle Wilson of course).

IK is legit.

Word!

Ik will take Babin spot...Pace is on the other side to set the edge on runs.  I agree his better days are behind him but I think he will get a lot of snaps in this his final year!

IK has the raw motor.

Physically he shouldn't be in the NFL.

Collegiately-competitively speaking, his stats are handicapped due to competition.

He was able to make the roster on a putrid NFL-esque talented team.

Yet, we as fans, have all recognized that in his VERY LIMITED SNAPS, he impressed US and WE ALL KNOW THAT'S ALL THAT REALLY MATTERS IN THE END!

I'm rooting for him

Thanks. Nice drop here. He should have been played a bit more by Rex last season.

It was stuff like this that pissed me off about Rex. The so called great evaluator/ genius keeping young players on the bench. Nothing new though, Herm did the same think with Cotchery.

It was stuff like this that pissed me off about Rex. The so called great evaluator/ genius keeping young players on the bench. Nothing new though, Herm did the same think with Cotchery.

Because Herm & Rex were F@CKING MORONS TRYING TO SAVE THEIR JOBS!!!!!!

The idiots compromised developing promising young talent in order to save their jobs. Jobs they had justly lost after YEARS OF INEPTITUDE.

I think all of you underrate both Pace and Babin. They weren't great but were solid. Babin especially put pressure when he played.

Not saying IK didn't deserve more time - but these two weren't bums.

They were definitely solid players. Remember the secondary was abysmal yet the Jets had 45 sacks vs 31 TDs allowed. This mismatch happens with a bad QB and bad secondary...

He's not just old, he's useless, he's a liability on the field. Just like Landry was. And Kyle Wilson. There's no way guys like that should be starting for any team in the NFL. Calling him a clown was a little harsh maybe but let's not get caught up with the emotional stuff. He has been a good player for us, the last couple of years however his play went downhill at a ridiculous pace and last season especially he was just awful. Good guy probably, hard worker I guess, but just not starting material. And when you have IK on the bench who could have done a lot more for this defense, made a lot more plays than Pace did, it just irritates me.

I am with you there I loved Ellis the DE but he could just not get to the QB I like pace a ok player but I see how pit got old and could not stop anybody this team has the players to make things happen and I think Pace and Babin are just old for the game time to move on we cant keep players just because they have were good in the past lets give this new guys a shot

Archived