Ex-Saints WR Joe Horn calls Commish "The Devil", Blames Belichick for Deflategate

Villain The Foe

Former NFL wide receiver Joe Horn refers to the all-powerful Roger Goodell as "the devil" and says the NFL commissioner won't hesitate to take players' money and rip them apart, while also defending Tom Brady.

In an interview with TheFootballGirl.com, Horn — who spent 12 years in the league playing for the Chiefs, Saints and Falcons — started off by trashing Goodell.

"I don’t like what Roger Goodell is doing," Horn said. "He has so much power that he can almost shut people down. I just don’t like him. And I don’t like that on draft day these kids don’t know that they’re hugging the devil. I hate to see kids that are lost and then happy, but they really don’t know that the man they’re hugging will rip their throat apart. If he has an opportunity to take money from them, or there’s a situation where they’re guilty before they go to court, he’ll rip them apart. And there’s nothing no one can do about it. If the owners are happy with Roger Goodell, the fans, the media, no one can take his job from him. I hate it."

RELATED: BRADY'S APPEAL WON'T BE HEARD BY DEADLINE

The four-time Pro Bowler added that Goodell — who had said he didn't think his job was on the line last year after mishandling domestic violence cases in the league — "works for the owners" and "understands his power."

"People like Cris Carter and Chris Berman, who can usually say what they want, they can't say anything bad about Roger Goodell or he'll cut their throats. They're going to kiss his a--, too. They know their job could be snatched away by his power," he said.

penalties-no-fun-league-football.jpgANDREW COHOON/AP Joe Horn, who appeared in four Pro Bowls while with New Orleans, calls out Roger Goodell.

Goodell will be hearing Brady's appeal for his four-game DeflateGate ban, but Horn doesn't believe the Patriots quarterback should even be suspended. Instead, he placed the blame on Bill Belichick.

"I’m not mad at Tom," Horn told TheFootballGirl.com. "He’s a great athlete, and he does what he needs to do to win the football game. If he deflated balls and the guys did for him, I’m not mad at Tom for that. Guys do things all the time to get ahead that the NFL doesn’t know about.

"Who I’m mad at, who I do disrespect and who should be suspended for a year, it should be his head coach, because he knows what everyone is doing."

Actually a great RANT!!

He asks the questions and says what NO ONE and I mean NO ONE is willing to say.  Goodell  has been a literal abomination for football an ABOMINATION and yet this clown is permitted to make millions and have a clear double standards for Owners as opposed to Players.

He should have been dismissed years ago!!

Ha ha @ joe horn. He just mad cause the nfl fined him for pulling out a cell phone..

Go sit down

Every commish will act like Goddell. What posters dont get. He's doing what the other 31 owners want...ha ha

Derp.

OL' Joe is right. Goodell sucks hairy goat balls. He has watered down the league and emasculated defenses to the point that American fútbol shall capitulate to soccer within the next 20 years........and I LOVE soccer.

Archived