OTA Twitter Updates

DaBallhawk

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geno is what he is at this point. Physically gifted with a two-cent head. He's already displaying the same problems he had last year. Not a single shred of improvement in the off-season. He can't make reads, can't go through progressions, makes dumb decisions with the football, and most of all doesn't really seem to care. He's already getting picked off at the goal-line in voluntary OTA's. Months before preseason even begins. When do we just admit that FItz is the better option and give him 1st-team reps?

Jets aren't going anywhere with Geno, no matter how good the defense is. Even if we manage to sneak into the playoffs, I seriously doubt we'd be able to beat any team with a halfway-decent offense, because Geno doesn't possess the ability to take over games or even game-manage successfully.

Geno is what he is at this point. Physically gifted with a two-cent head. He's already displaying the same problems he had last year. Not a single shred of improvement in the off-season. He can't make reads, can't go through progressions, makes dumb decisions with the football, and most of all doesn't really seem to care. He's already getting picked off at the goal-line in voluntary OTA's. Months before preseason even begins. When do we just admit that FItz is the better option and give him 1st-team reps?

Jets aren't going anywhere with Geno, no matter how good the defense is. Even if we manage to sneak into the playoffs, I seriously doubt we'd be able to beat any team with a halfway-decent offense, because Geno doesn't possess the ability to take over games or even game-manage successfully.

We have a fantastic backfield that is probably tough to throw the ball against but he doesn't sound like he sees things out there correctly. Like he can't understand coverages, gets confused, doesn't have the awareness it takes. I don't know. Maybe it's him not studying enough but it's become a trend the last couple years with him. It's not a lack of arm talent with him, it's more the mental part.

Really???  After one OTA practice in May???  Bowles said in his press conference that the defense

just installed their blitz packages recently and they were throwing them at the offense.  And the offense

had not installed their adjustments yet.  Time and patience

OTAs.  It is done.  No improvement can be seen from this point forward.

We haven't seen those improvements from him the last couple of years. Starting out the way he did now doesn't mean he can't get better or he hasn't improved, maybe he just had a bad day, but it sure doesn't mean he has improved and is on his way to greatness. This isn't how you want to start things off. I'm not writing anybody off based on a silly OTA session but you want to see him respond and just have a clean day, good throws, no bad decisions.

I can't believe what I'm reading. It's May and the defense usually starts off better than offense. Remember too that this is the Jets' D so it's no picnic for any QB. The offense tends to get better as they play and towards the later months. Let things play out. The offense hasn't even installed packages yet.

I can't believe what I'm reading. It's May and the defense usually starts off better than offense. Remember too that this is the Jets' D so it's no picnic for any QB. The offense tends to get better as they play and towards the later months. Let things play out. The offense hasn't even installed packages yet.

I agree to a point. But let's not act like we have a history here of "defense starts out strong and towards the end the offense starts to dominate". It has always been "defense starts out strong and finishes even stronger, offense can't get going". That's our recent history. Every year it seems. And yes the offense can get better, they will get better, but so will the defense. It's not a one way street. The defense will build chemistry, they'll get more hungry with every sack, pick they make. The offense just has to step up and get their sh*t together. Especially the QB's. Guys like Marshall & Decker help. They don't get intimidated. We've lacked premier guys like Marshall who will hold players accountable on offense. But Geno, the rest of the QB's just have to get up to speed and make plays. They can't get intimidated by the defense.

I think at this point they're just rotating guys to get to know every player. Part of having a new regime, a new coaching stuff I'd assume. Bowles doesn't know Sudfeld, putting him out there with the #1's doesn't mean he's our starter, he just wants to see how he does vs the #1 defense, how he'd do on a sunday if he had to play.

RE: QB situation

There WILL be competition in camp. If Geno doesn't play well he WON'T start.

Now can all the Posters who were panicking that Geno would start no matter what can simply calm down now...

Trust in Bowles, the circus has left the building you can count on it... 

More than that when do we bring Sanchez back in here!!

Just kidding :sign0101:

You are 100% correct in your post though!

Really???  After one OTA practice in May???  Bowles said in his press conference that the defense

just installed their blitz packages recently and they were throwing them at the offense.  And the offense

had not installed their adjustments yet.  Time and patience

Without have seen one play of that OTA, going against what the HC said at his pressed.

Why deal with reality when you've got an agenda?

Now can all the Posters who were panicking that Geno would start no matter what can simply calm down now...

Trust in Bowles, the circus has left the building you can count on it... 

I'm not gonna' lie...I was among those panicking because in all honesty, that approach made absolutely zero sense.  I was dumbfounded from the second Chan spoke, but I did say that I expected Bowles to clear it up at his next presser. 

Really??? After one OTA practice in May??? Bowles said in his press conference that the defense

just installed their blitz packages recently and they were throwing them at the offense. And the offense

had not installed their adjustments yet. Time and patience

After 4 years of Sanchez and going into year 3 of Geno I think a lot of us have been more than patient. If Geno doesn't show substantial improvement this offseason he needs to sit down.

I saw the one that Sudfeld and Cumberland were getting reps over him...but that's it...Was there more?

Not sure that means anything, could be a million reasons for that.

There was a tweet that said that during both practices open to the media, Amaro has spent almost all of that time with the 3rd and 4th stringers. If it was just today I'd agree with you, but the fact that he's barely gotten work in with the 1's twice now has me alarmed.

I seemed to remeber that Chan had said that it was unlikely that Geno would loose the job in training camp and that he would probably be the day 1 starter (after being forced to give a guess).  That is completely different than a guarantee.  I seemed to remember that Seattle thought that they know who the starter was going to be before Wilson was lights out.

I would imagine Chan would prefer to know what QB will be starting sooner than later (as he supposedly customizes his offense to the players), but if Fitz is healthy and Geno stinks up the joint, I would imagine that Fitz will start.  Or, if Geno starts and stinks up the the joint, he will likely sit.

I think there was a large amount of overreacting from the fans and mostly the media (who love controversy btw).

I think there was a large amount of overreacting from the fans and mostly the media (who love controversy btw).

That because, sadly, the majority of those two factions are complete morons who don't know what they are whining about 1/2 the time.

Geno needs to go... Almost 7 years of sh*tty QB play. Crazy part is its not like we absolutely NEED elite QB play because our roster is talented enough. Why can't a guy come in and just play decent?

That was the rationale in 2008 with Favre

And then again in 2009-2010 with Sanchez.

Decent isn't good enough to win the Ring that Rules Them ALL!!!!!!

What people have to take comfort in, stressed by the CS, is that the best players will play. Don't play well, you don't play at all. Bowles has stressed this. If you truly believe Geno sucks & is a lost cause, then why b!tch now when -according to your rationale- his play will inevitably land him permanently on the bench.

Archived