Conquering Hero Ryan Fitzpatrick makes gallant first appearance at OTA's, throws TD to Shaq Evans

Jetsfan80

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure.  I can tell I need to let you have this one.  It was a sad day for the Fitz haters.

How could anyone hate a conquering hero?  

Just a shame that he had to go throw a pick while Geno was more careful with the ball. 

Walt Powell is an intriguing guy. I liked what I saw from him, yes, he did make me nervous, but he had some catch & go qualities I liked a lot. Seems to go from 0-60 pretty fast which is important.

WRs at the back end of Bowles roster won't make the team if they don't contribute on Specials. Bowles comes from the Parcells tree, special teams are really important & ours were some of the worst in the league last year. Specials can win 2-3 games a year for you.

Don't really know much about the guy, but April was talking him up in an interview I watched on NYjets.com.  Agree ST's should play a major role on the final 2 spots for WR's.

I'm not sure the Jets are going to carry 6 on the active roster.  They have a lot of RB's also.  Something's got to give

Thank you for taking the time to post these updates! Great insight into what's happening.

I am a Geno hater, and not shy about it. This guy has so much natural talent and zero commitment. I'd love to really know how many hours he spent throwing over the past 5 months and how much he has been working to learn the new system, even without organized team activities.

Geno looking rusty and out of sync is to be expected sadly. I hope Bowles has the guts to let him hold a clipboard this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see this statement every now and then.  Just curious where do you get this sense that he has zero commitment. Is this your opinion or have there been articles/reports questioning his work ethic as a Jet. i have always been under the impression that he studies hard.

Thank you for taking the time to post these updates! Great insight into what's happening.

I am a Geno hater, and not shy about it. This guy has so much natural talent and zero commitment. I'd love to really know how many hours he spent throwing over the past 5 months and how much he has been working to learn the new system, even without organized team activities.

Geno looking rusty and out of sync is to be expected sadly. I hope Bowles has the guts to let him hold a clipboard this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait, so you say he has zero commitment, then follow that up with how you would love to know how many hours he spent throwing. Shouldnt you know that given that you know his level of commitment already? 

You are waving that hater flag with pride no doubt. 

Drew Brees ain't walking through that door.  We have to operate with what we have.  That's where my supposed "fixation" comes from.  Throwing away the early part of the 2015 season on a guy who just doesn't get it is not preferable. 

Exactly. Which is the reason you do not under any circumstance start Fitz who is a proven loser. Never won more than 6 games in a season.

Not sure why the subject is in litigation on these boards right now.  We are all agreed that QB play will be played out in front of us and soon.  And then that will be that.

With that said are OTAs the same as Mulligan time for QBs?

I read a lot about him when he was coming out in the draft. He played equally as inconsistent in college as he has in the NFL. Every "expert" attributed it to him not being engaged and fully committed. They said the reason his last year in school was such a disappointment was his cocky attitude and not thinking he had to out work everyone else in practice.

Even with out all of this analysis, and supposed "insider" reports, you can simply watch him week in and week out. He has tons of natural talent and 90% of the games he's played for us he looks lost, always a step too slow, out of sync with his receivers. Practice helps all of that. Film work helps that. Reps help that.

Rex and Geno was a toxic combo. It's amazing they won even one game last year.

Hear you - I just can't see Bowles tolerating a lazy work ethic. If that's the case Smith will not be the starter. Marshall seems to think he works hard...

It all means NOTHING-Geno Smith has a bigger upside and should be the starter-Ryan Fitzpatrick is a bum-In fact I'm in the middle of doing the numbers on every game that Geno Smith threw at least 2 TDs and completed over 60% of his passes as well as won the game and when I add all of that stuff up it will PROVE beyond any shadow of doubt that he is a pro bowl talent - just like he says he is.

WOW just wow

Exactly. Which is the reason you do not under any circumstance start Fitz who is a proven loser. Never won more than 6 games in a season.

Neither has Smith. Don't think for a millisecond he was instrumental in Jets going 8-8 in '13.  Our defense was very good in '13.      

Neither has Smith. Don't think for a millisecond he was instrumental in Jets going 8-8 in '13.  Our defense was very good in '13.

What?

Geno made plays with his legs to win a few of those 8. Tampa Bay, out of the gate he pulled that game out of his azz.

Folk hit a 50 yarder I believe for the win.

Geno just needs to stop getting flustered & forcing the ball when no ones open.

* Throw the ball away when nothings there.

* take what the D gives you with your legs

* set your f*cking feet before you throw (this one pisses me off, it's like "how many years have you played QB?".

* protect the ball! (This is the biggie, cause Bowles will turn to Fitz quick as sh*t if Geno keeps turning the ball over).

Really?  Just gonna pull a JiF on this one?  Under no circumstances would you not start the better QB?   How about, under no circumstances do you start the guy who does this stuff?

original.gif

geno-smith-fumbles-against-titans.gif

GrandioseBouncyHerring.gif

geno-smith-intercepted-by-logan-ryan.gif

Geno just needs to stop getting flustered & forcing the ball when no ones open.

* Throw the ball away when nothings there.

* take what the D gives you with your legs

* set your f*cking feet before you throw (this one pisses me off, it's like "how many years have you played QB?".

* protect the ball! (This is the biggie, cause Bowles will turn to Fitz quick as sh*t if Geno keeps turning the ball over).

We said ALL of this about Sanchez for four f*ckin years and he never figured it out!  What makes ANYONE think Geno will?  Sometimes your QB is just plain dumb, and you're not allowed to be dumb at the most important position on the field.  The sooner we acknowledge it and move on the happier we'll be. 

In other news, Stephen Hill is burning up Carolina OTA's today. caught 3 deep bombs. Cam Newton ran to congratulate him. 

All 7 on 7's no doubt with broken coverage.... all caught with the body and none requiring any type of advanced route tree.

This is wrong.  We were at least a 10 or 11 win team in '13 and Smith was highly instrumental in getting us to 8-8

We said ALL of this about Sanchez for four f*ckin years and he never figured it out!  What makes ANYONE think Geno will?  Sometimes your QB is just plain dumb, and you're not allowed to be dumb at the most important position on the field.  The sooner we acknowledge it and move on the happier we'll be. 

This

This is wrong.  We were at least a 10 or 11 win team in '13 and Smith was highly instrumental in getting us to 8-8

Yep.  The biggest difference between Geno and Fitz is that Geno will cost us games.  Fitz won't go out and put the team on his back but he generally won't be a top 3 reason for our losses either, like Geno is consistently.  People assume I see Fitz as some form of savior (which based on the over-the-top thread title I can't blame them).  He's not.  But he's also not so horrifically bad at what he does he makes you want to gouge your eyes out. 

And 11 on 11's.  I read an article on it. 

Just giving the JAG his credit for trying to take a step forward. 

I think it speaks more volumes about Cam Newton, honestly.  I get the sense he's about to have a monster year.

And 11 on 11's.  I read an article on it. 

Just giving the JAG his credit for trying to take a step forward. 

OK..... 11 on 11's with broken coverage no doubt....all caught with the body and none requiring any type of advanced route tree.

I was a big supporter of this guy. Hope he has a career.

Yep.  The biggest difference between Geno and Fitz is that Geno will cost us games.  Fitz won't go out and put the team on his back but he generally won't be a top 3 reason for our losses either, like Geno is consistently.  People assume I see Fitz as some form of savior (which based on the over-the-top thread title I can't blame them).  He's not.  But he's also not so horrifically bad at what he does he makes you want to gouge your eyes out. 

For starters go back and watch the Giants/Texans game from last season.

Archived