Conquering Hero Ryan Fitzpatrick makes gallant first appearance at OTA's, throws TD to Shaq Evans

Jetsfan80

Don't worry if he does show progress, the retort will be let's see what happens in real games. Then if it happens in real games it will be let's see what happens against a good defense,

Bottom line those who predict Geno will fail are anxiously awaiting that first pick-6 so they can start their see Fitz should be the starter campaign. 

Who is waiting?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What?

Geno made plays with his legs to win a few of those 8. Tampa Bay, out of the gate he pulled that game out of his azz.

Folk hit a 50 yarder I believe for the win.

Geno just needs to stop getting flustered & forcing the ball when no ones open.

* Throw the ball away when nothings there.

* take what the D gives you with your legs

* set your f*cking feet before you throw (this one pisses me off, it's like "how many years have you played QB?".

* protect the ball! (This is the biggie, cause Bowles will turn to Fitz quick as sh*t if Geno keeps turning the ball over).

in other words, geno needs to start playing qb

We said ALL of this about Sanchez for four f*ckin years and he never figured it out!  What makes ANYONE think Geno will?  Sometimes your QB is just plain dumb, and you're not allowed to be dumb at the most important position on the field.  The sooner we acknowledge it and move on the happier we'll be. 

Because after his benching last season he did just this during his last 5 or 6 games?  If he could play like he did after his benching there isnt a chance in hell that Fitz sees the field.

Im not a big Geno fan but that Geno gives us a better chance than Fitz

Out of curiosity, do you think Geno can perform equal to or better than Fitz in TC & Preseason as well?

If Geno plays like he did the last 5 games of the season, why not, thats a better QB than Fitz.   If Geno's his equal he has to start, he actually has a chance to get better, Fitz is what he is at this point.  A journeyman, mediocre QB who has never won more than 6 games.   

We all had the same ideas that Vick was going to be the answer, the Conquering Hero a year ago.

If Geno plays like he did the last 5 games of the season

We said that after the final 4 games of his rookie year too.  Can we stop acting like a 4-game block of a season matters when the overall body of work is awful?  Dee Milliner once won a Rookie of the Month award too.  No one lends credence to that anymore.

We said that after the final 4 games of his rookie year too.  Can we stop acting like a 4-game block of a season matters when the overall body of work is awful?  Dee Milliner once won a Rookie of the Month award too.  No one lends credence to that anymore.

Agreed. He ended that season strong and we were all pumped.  Then 1st 1.5 games of 2014 I was stoked right up until the pick at Green bay with 2 minutes in the half.

Out of curiosity, do you think Geno can perform equal to or better than Fitz in TC & Preseason as well?

IMO...its mental.  He has never worked to his full potential.  He doesnt seem to posses the intangible that a Brady , Brees or even Pennington did to commit to the film room and be all he can be.  Raw talent hides the weakness of these guys.   The best pitcher in my HS got smoked in D1 and we all thought NO ONE could ever hit this guy.  Geno was probably the best athlete in his county as a HS player and never had to really work.  Well.....  welcome to the bigs.

We said ALL of this about Sanchez for four f*ckin years and he never figured it out!  What makes ANYONE think Geno will?  Sometimes your QB is just plain dumb, and you're not allowed to be dumb at the most important position on the field.  The sooner we acknowledge it and move on the happier we'll be. 

You're asking for a lot. Stupid is as stupid does.  Don't you get it that so many on here just don't get it.  Last year as Smith imploded, so many called for his head.  Now with a new regime, who have utterly failed to upgrade the QB position, these same quasi double talking phonies are back with their spiel on how Smith is the answer. And they don't even know the question.      

You're asking for a lot. Stupid is as stupid does.  Don't you get it that so many on here just don't get it.  Last year as Smith imploded, so many called for his head.  Now with a new regime, who have utterly failed to upgrade the QB position, these same quasi double talking phonies are back with their spiel on how Smith is the answer. And they don't even know the question.      

If the question is anything other than 'who is the worst starting Qb in the NFl ?', Geno is definitely not the answer.

We said that after the final 4 games of his rookie year too. Can we stop acting like a 4-game block of a season matters when the overall body of work is awful? Dee Milliner once won a Rookie of the Month award too. No one lends credence to that anymore.

That's why I said if he plays like the last 5.

But it's undeniable, be was benched to sit, watch and learn. He did his time and came back a better player. It's what everyone wanted but after it worked out well we're supposed to dismiss it? Now what, dump him after he did what was asked of him?

It's why he's going to get a last shot

That's why I said if he plays like the last 5.

But it's undeniable, be was benched to sit, watch and learn. He did his time and came back a better player. It's what everyone wanted but after it worked out well we're supposed to dismiss it? Now what, dump him after he did what was asked of him?

It's why he's going to get a last shot

And he should if he stays at least on par with Fitz in camp.. No one can wait the 11 years it took Rich Gannon to develop.. :winking0001:

Fitzmagic:  1 TD, 1 INT.  Recovering nicely off a broken leg and slowly getting back his velocity.

Geno:  Delay of game during a 2 minute drill and throwing inaccurate passes when there is no defender present.  Then claims he needs to "put mistakes behind him", much like when Mark Sanchez said, regarding turnovers, that he needed to "Just stop."

JiF:  "Blah blah blah he's never won."

Yep, I'm all in on Fitzmagic.

Yes, because one pass in June means Fitzpatrick will suddenly become the world beater he's literally never been.

Utterly failed?  Let's review: 

1) You even acknowledged it, a new regime - that's new HC & GM.  

2) Drafting Jameis or Mariota, not realistic options for the Jets, even with the 6th pick.  Do you question the Petty selection?

3) Ryan Fitz was consensus top free agent QB this year, Jets signed him.

In summation: probably should compliment the new regime rather than criticize.

Utterly failed?  Let's review: 

1) You even acknowledged it, a new regime - that's new HC & GM.  

2) Drafting Jameis or Mariota, not realistic options for the Jets, even with the 6th pick.  Do you question the Petty selection?

3) Ryan Fitz was consensus top free agent QB this year, Jets signed him.

In summation: probably should compliment the new regime rather than criticize.

Fitzpatrick was not a free agent.  They gave up a pick for him.  Presumably Hoyer and Mallet were consensus better or the Texans would have Fitzpatrick and not have signed them.  Plenty of guys were moved that most had higher rated.

Fitzpatrick was not a free agent.  They gave up a pick for him.  Presumably Hoyer and Mallet were consensus better or the Texans would have Fitzpatrick and not have signed them.  Plenty of guys were moved that most had higher rated.

Okay, make that 'best available'.

Was there a better QB for the taking? No, there was not.

This is a refreshing change from the past half-decade of accepting (less-than) mediocrity at QB. I expect we'll keep an emphasis on searching for our QB until there is NO doubt that we've found him.

Okay, make that 'best available'.

Was there a better QB for the taking?  

This is a refreshing change from the past half-decade of not actively pursuing production at the QB position. I hope we repeat offseasons like this until there is NO doubt that we've found our quarterback.

Bradford, Foles, Matt Schaub, Shaun Hill, Christian Ponder, and Tyrod Taylor all changed teams.  Matt Moore and Colt McCoy were available. Matt Flynn, Jason Campbell and Tarvaris Jackson are available.  The Texans elected to sign Brian Hoyer and re-sign Ryan Mallet rather than hold on to Fitzpatrick.  Cutler, Rivers and Brees were allegedly varying degrees of available - as was a trade up for one of the top two QBs.  

I am satisfied with what they did at QB under the circumstances, but I don't see how this is anything more than what Idzik did.  He brought in Geno rather just than continue with Sanchez (who was uncuttable for 2013), signed Vick and drafted Tahj Boyd (a horrible pick we all blame on Ryan - it will be interesting what happens with him in Pittsburgh).  It is pretty easy to argue that Vick was a better option to start than Fitzpatrick.  He was a worse backup and was unprepared, but that is another matter.  These guys drafted Petty, but you can't do that every year. You can't develop QBs every year if you have to cut them every year.     

Bradford, Foles, Matt Schaub, Shaun Hill, Christian Ponder, and Tyrod Taylor all changed teams.  Matt Moore and Colt McCoy were available. Matt Flynn, Jason Campbell and Tarvaris Jackson are available.  The Texans elected to sign Brian Hoyer and re-sign Ryan Mallet rather than hold on to Fitzpatrick.  Cutler, Rivers and Brees were allegedly varying degrees of available - as was a trade up for one of the top two QBs.  

I am satisfied with what they did at QB under the circumstances, but I don't see how this is anything more than what Idzik did.  He brought in Geno rather just than continue with Sanchez (who was uncuttable for 2013), signed Vick and drafted Tahj Boyd (a horrible pick we all blame on Ryan - it will be interesting what happens with him in Pittsburgh).  It is pretty easy to argue that Vick was a better option to start than Fitzpatrick.  He was a worse backup and was unprepared, but that is another matter.  These guys drafted Petty, but you can't do that every year. You can't develop QBs every year if you have to cut them every year.     

They've already shown far more seriousness in addressing weakness at QB than Idzik/Ryan. Geno was an opportunistic draft choice and then treated like a savior when he was green as hell. 

Vick was a disaster. Once a quarterbacking god, it was clear from within 24 hours of becoming a Jet he had zero competitive fire and was there to collect a paycheck (I actually don't blame Vick for anything, once he was out of jail he did not give a rat's behind about his on-field legacy); it was a horrible scenario and it was on the Jets (Idzik & Ryan) for not sniffing that out beforehand. I was all about Vick until he was quoted saying something to the effect of: 'hey, I'm the back up, any way I can help Geno, I will!' I wanted a man on a mission. 

But we had a DIRE need for new quarterbacking at the time of last year's draft. It was clear a year ago that Geno's realizing his downside was a very real possibility - yet 10 QBs were drafted before we got Boyd, an insult to fans sick of crappy Jet QBs. http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/positions/_/year/2014/quarterbacks

Drafting Petty (and signing Fitz) is very satisfactory in comparison. I have no idea what kind of player Petty is or isn't, but we keep searching until we find our guy. And when we have him - we'll all know.  

Archived