What were your thoughts on the Idzik press conference last season?

keysersoze

Was Idzik seriously the best that we could do two years ago? I mean c'mon, there had to have been at least ONE GM candidate who had a brain cell or two that wanted the job.

I can't believe all those top notch gm guys passed on the chance to work with the best coach in the game

What poor decisions was Woody directly responsible for?

Well let's see.

* Hiring Herm Edwards as a favor to the NFL.

* Hiring Terry Bradway as GM and keeping him in that position for 6 years.

* Hiring Mike Tannenbaum as GM and keeping him in that position for another 6 years.  While never actually getting rid of Terry Bradway.

* Hiring John Idzik as GM with the stipulation that he keep Rex Ryan for some reason.

* Tim Tebow

* Pricing the loudest, most passionate fans out of seats by charging the highest ticket/PSL prices in the NFL, and creating a corporate, wine and cheese environment in a $1.4B disaster of a stadium.

Should I keep going?

That was a man trying to avoid saying that his owner forced a sh*tty head coach upon him, and that head coach effectively stopped working in August.

perhaps...but Idzik proved beyond a doubt he has little ability to evaluate talent and even less ability to be a leader.

Well let's see.

* Hiring Mike Tannenbaum as GM and keeping him in that position for another 6 years.  While never actually getting rid of Terry Bradway.

* Hiring John Idzik as GM with the stipulation that he keep Rex Ryan for some reason.

* Tim Tebow

* Pricing the loudest, most passionate fans out of seats by charging the highest ticket/PSL prices in the NFL, and creating a corporate, wine and cheese environment in a $1.4B disaster of a stadium.

Should I keep going?

lol will we please stop with pinning Tebow on Woody? Tebow was a FOOTBALL move first and foremost. He was brought in to head the wildcat package. Unfortunately Sparano failed miserably as an OC and Tebow never got his chance to shine in NY. I still feel to this day that he deserved a chance over Sanchez for starting QB.

lol will we please stop with pinning Tebow on Woody? Tebow was a FOOTBALL move first and foremost. He was brought in to head the wildcat package. Unfortunately Sparano failed miserably as an OC and Tebow never got his chance to shine in NY. I still feel to this day that he deserved a chance over Sanchez for starting QB.

tebowoverthrow.gif

You do realize those billboard got Idzik fired, right? Or do you not pay attention to the news that John Idzik got canned?

The billboards did not get Idzik fired.... And they also did not make anybody any money... So you guys both might as well stop that argument before you waste any more of each others time

Well let's see.

* Tim Tebow

Should I keep going?

Letting Bill Parcells stay on as GM after Belichick was led to believe he would be HC/GM and it would be his show.

And yet the rest of the league thought he should spend the last two years out of football. Weird. Think he makes the final 53 with Kelly's Heroes?

Those who rip on Idzik feel he didn't bring in enough talent for Rex and that he "set him up to fail."  Which is equally a BS notion.  Idzik just wasn't great at his job and neither was Rex in the end.  It shouldn't be a surprise that they're now both gone.

Idzik just wasn't great at his job? Are the Guinness people here looking for a new greatest understatement of all time?

Idzik was horrendous. He took a fixer-upper and turned it into crack house. Whether intentional or not, the rosters he gave Rex to work with were some of the worst in the NFL in the only two years he'll ever spend as a GM.

Yes, the bigger problem was Woody. He should've either a.) cleaned house after that 6-10 season or, b.) if he was so enamoured with Rex, he should've put him in charge of the whole operation. Not that choice b.) was destined for success, but his decision to keep Rex and hire another accountant to effectively be his boss was completely idiotic. And also yes, the parameters set for the job led to any better candidate stepping forward - and that's not just a Rex Ryan issue, no GM worth his salt would want to walk into a situation where the head coach was an owner favorite.

I've had a lot of complaints about Jets' executives over the years, but Idzik was the worst. Like, rock-bottom worst. Couldn't evaluate talent, couldn't close free agents, couldn't draft, couldn't execute a draft day trade, and ultimately couldn't put together an NFL quality roster. He's back in a windowless office where he belongs.

Yes and this has been proven over and over by all the other teams he performed well for. He was an offensive juggernaut in Denver and NE, why not here?

Wait until that genius in Philly unleashes Tebow on the NFL,

Idzik was horrendous. He took a fixer-upper and turned it into crack house. Whether intentional or not, the rosters he gave Rex to work with were some of the worst in the NFL in the only two years he'll ever spend as a GM.

At the risk of revisiting the Idzik era how were those roster's worse than he inherited ?

Other than trading away Revis and not signing him in Year 2, which seemed to be a decision where the owner seemed to be driving the decision tIll he saw the planes fly over his practice.

Archived