Who Do you want to see as our Starting RG this year?

TNJet

Who Should Start at RG this Season?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. 2015 Starting RG?

Love the RG competition. I'm pumped. Oday gets my vote, dudes been a diamond in the rough from the 2013 draft.

I like a few of them. Cant really pick. Oday seems to be getting alot of love, but I'd really want to know what Dozier and the rookie can do as well. As long as the guard problem is fixed and we have depth I will be more than happy. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping for Dakota.  He's a beast of a man.  Just thick and has quick feet for a big guy.  A road grader type body.  He was a wrestler too so you would think he's got some hand technique and leverage.

Plus, the more of Idzik's picks that can actually contribute, the better.  The 3, 4th round picks last year with a plenty of talent on the board is looking like a disaster. 

This battle at RG is probably what I am most excited to see this camp & preseason.

RT & LG along with our 2 long time studs are pretty much set in stone.

QB battle is a hold your hands over your eyes ... Occasionally peeking through your fingers, please don't $h*t the bed fest.

I am curious to see who winds up being the 3rd down ... Pass catching RB as well ... Any of you have at your fingertips stats or good insight into who will come in for Ivory the majority of these situations ?

Dakota Dozier. But only because I want him to play so well that he earns the nickname "Double D" so I can hear announcers say things like, "Boy, Double D sure is a handful to handle" and other witticisms.

His nickname is BullDozier.

I'm not the only person who thought he was in play for right guard.

ets to sign James Carpenter to four-year deal

• 0ap1000000236552.jpg
  •  

print.png

g-plus.png

fb-like.png

share-button.png

• By Kevin Patra
  • Around the NFL writer
  • Published: March 10, 2015 at 10:47 a.m.
  • Updated: March 10, 2015 at 12:35 p.m.
For the second straight season the New York Jets are importing an offensive lineman from Seattle.

PATH TO THE DRAFT

(Weekdays at 6 p.m. ET on NFL Network) 0ap2000000333347.jpg

"Path to the Draft" previews the 2015 NFL Draft by providing in-depth expert analysis of the top prospects and each teams' needs.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that guard James Carpenter is set to sign a four-year deal worth roughly $5 million a year, per a source.

That's some good scratch for a player who couldn't stay healthy early in his career. Last season he was average in pass protection and struggled in the run game. Pro Football Focus graded the 25-year-old as -.6 is pass pro and -10.3 in run blocking in 2014. Carpenter was up toNo. 52 in Around The NFL's top 101 free-agent liston the eve of the market opening.

Last year the Jets added right tackle Breno Giacomini from the Seahawks.

Carpenter will replace right guard Willie Colon who is a free agent.

The latest Around The NFL Podcast analyzes early free agency news, including Ndamukong Suh to Miami, Devin McCourty's new deal and much more. Find more Around The NFL content on NFL NOW.

we should have kept Austin Howard the guy is good just saying that's all,I know he is not a guard but man he was a good OT

We should all want to see Harrison, it'll probably be Oday.

Ditto on wishing for Harrison, with his play dictating being kicked out to RT at some point.  He's the wild card on the OL but I would be surprised if this is the year.

Dozier probably makes it as a backup center/guard/tackle. Freeman gets axed.

I think they have recently been giving him a look at center as Mangold's back up.  So OL Swiss Army knife for now, potential starting center down the road? Winters is still gimpy, so that likely gives Dozier a leg up on the back-up C job.

Love the RG competition. I'm pumped. Oday gets my vote, dudes been a diamond in the rough from the 2013 draft.

"Diamond in the rough?"

The guy played one good game and people act like he is Larry Allen. Outside of the one game, he plays somewhere between below average and serviceable.

There is a reason the Jets resigned Colon, paid Carpenter, and drafted Harrison. Aboushi is not a quality starter and the Jets know it.

"Diamond in the rough?"

The guy played one good game and people act like he is Larry Allen. Outside of the one game, he plays somewhere between below average and serviceable.

There is a reason the Jets resigned Colon, paid Carpenter, and drafted Harrison. Aboushi is not a quality starter and the Jets know it.

Agreed.  Jihadi Oday does not exactly inspire confidence.  More like a back-up project than a diamond.  Nice local story, but zip, nada, nothing, zilch so far.  If he's a starter, we've got problems.  He only came into play last year because of Winters' injury.  Holy $hit, what does that say?

"Diamond in the rough?"

+1

I don't get the jet fan love for this guy he was mediocre last season.

Agreed. Jihadi Oday does not exactly inspire confidence. More like a back-up project than a diamond. Nice local story, but zip, nada, nothing, zilch so far. If he's a starter, we've got problems. He only came into play last year because of Winters' injury. Holy $hit, what does that say?

Besides your bigotry, your opinion is garbage too. I'm not saying Oday is the answer, but him ascending because of injury has nothing to do with anything. I mean, Tom Brady only had his chance because Bledsoe got hurt. So. Yeah.

Besides your bigotry, your opinion is garbage too. I'm not saying Oday is the answer, but him ascending because of injury has nothing to do with anything. I mean, Tom Brady only had his chance because Bledsoe got hurt. So. Yeah.

The fact is, he got bumped up because of injury.   So this "has nothing to do with anything"?  WTF does that statement even mean?   And referencing Brady?   Pretty incoherent stuff.  Are you retarded? 

The fact is, he got bumped up because of injury. So this "has nothing to do with anything"? WTF does that statement even mean? And referencing Brady? Pretty incoherent stuff. Are you retarded?

No. I'm sorry you can't understand where your opinion and logic were flawed and I debunked it rather quickly. Do try to keep up next time.

Winters didn't play because he was better, he played because 1) he was a higher draft choice and 2) Rex always plays his personal favorites. It became painfully obvious after a few games that Winters was just flat out awful and should have been benched. Just because Rex stuck with his guy instead of playing the better player doesn't mean Aboushi wasn't good enough. He was thrown into the fire in the middle of the season, he didn't get any reps with the starters, couldn't build chemistry with Mangold and Brick, yet he played VERY well. In fact, again, he was our 2nd best lineman after Mangold. He was the best LG in our division, even according to PFF. Here's a good example of how good Aboushi was and how many key blocks he had, if you actually paid any attention to him or the O-Line period. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000443916/Chris-Johnson-37-yard-run

He better stay in the starting lineup, he's got Pro Bowl upside, he's getting better and better. I'd lose a lot of confidence/respect for Bowles or whoever makes that decision if Aboushi doesn't end up starting week 1. Unless Harrison just turns out to be a stud, which I doubt, but we'll see in camp/preseason. Unless he turns out to be a stud there's no way you bench Aboushi.

Agreed.  Jihadi Oday does not exactly inspire confidence.  More like a back-up project than a diamond.  Nice local story, but zip, nada, nothing, zilch so far.  If he's a starter, we've got problems.  He only came into play last year because of Winters' injury.  Holy $hit, what does that say?

tumblr_mfdz9xgNvU1r5i7w0o1_400.jpg

Winters didn't play because he was better, he played because 1) he was a higher draft choice and 2) Rex always plays his personal favorites. It became painfully obvious after a few games that Winters was just flat out awful and should have been benched. Just because Rex stuck with his guy instead of playing the better player doesn't mean Aboushi wasn't good enough. He was thrown into the fire in the middle of the season, he didn't get any reps with the starters, couldn't build chemistry with Mangold and Brick, yet he played VERY well. In fact, again, he was our 2nd best lineman after Mangold. He was the best LG in our division, even according to PFF. Here's a good example of how good Aboushi was and how many key blocks he had, if you actually paid any attention to him or the O-Line period. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000443916/Chris-Johnson-37-yard-run

He better stay in the starting lineup, he's got Pro Bowl upside, he's getting better and better. I'd lose a lot of confidence/respect for Bowles or whoever makes that decision if Aboushi doesn't end up starting week 1. Unless Harrison just turns out to be a stud, which I doubt, but we'll see in camp/preseason. Unless he turns out to be a stud there's no way you bench Aboushi.

You don't remember how bad Aboushi was in 2013?

Archived