who wins?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. who wins?

• Cavs
    • Warriors

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gross. I know the Warriors have all the stats, but I'm having a hard time accepting a bunch of skinny jump shooters winning a title. Feels like Euroleague.

Worse.  A team with 6'7" guy playing center the last 4 games won a championship

Not giving the MVP to Lebron was fuuuuuuucked up.

I legitimately felt bad for him this game. I wonder if losing this series is the straw that breaks his back a little bit, turns him into a singularly focused psychopath in the Kobe/MJ mold.

I legitimately felt bad for him this game. I wonder if losing this series is the straw that breaks his back a little bit, turns him into a singularly focused psychopath in the Kobe/MJ mold.

I don't think it would matter. That sh*t only works when you have good players being dumb or lazy. The Cavs blow.

LeBron shot something like 35% when guarded by Iggy.

Moving him to the starting line-up changed the series and he deserved it.  I dont agree with giving the MVP to a player on the losing team.  When the Cavs went up 2-1, the thing that changed was Iggy.  He gave them a spark they didnt have since Clay Thompson shriveled up in the big moment.  Kid had 5 points last night.  And LeBron missed a lot of shots once Iggy was on him.

I dont have a problem with him winning it.  My problem is the NBA in general.  Its awful.  That was the 2 worst teams I've ever seen compete for a championship in any sport and more than likely, they'll both be right back there again next season because the league is garbage.  

The Cavs shot like 50 free throws tonight. The NBA wanted this to go 7 and it didn't

If the NBA wanted a game 7 the refs would have started calling some of the 4 million moving screens and picks the Warriors use constantly throughout every f-cking game.

If the NBA wanted a game 7 the refs would have started calling some of the 4 million moving screens and picks the Warriors use constantly throughout every f-cking game.

If we want to go tit for tat you can call travelling on Lebron every time he ducks his head going to the bucket.

No amount of ref interference would've led to a game 7. Cavs suck except for LeBron. Fortunately Shump and JR are off the Knicks because they'll tease you until it counts and then they'll let you down.

The Warriors were lucky not to face the Spurs in playoffs. Funny to think that Anthony Davis decided who the NBA Champs were. If Pelicans don't beat Spurs in final game of season the Spurs get second seed over Rockets.

Rightfully so. The guy looked more exhausted than Sasha Grey after an analathon. Yet he still led both teams in all 3 categories. In the Finals. That is not human.

Sure. It basically comes down to whether you think a guy who loses the series can be MVP. I generally tend to think no, but this is certainly the best case against that I've seen.

Sure. It basically comes down to whether you think a guy who loses the series can be MVP. I generally tend to think no, but this is certainly the best case against that I've seen.

What's more puzzling is Steph not receiving a single vote.

Per Deadspin. My sentiments exactly:

I disagree with the MVP voting, not that my opinion matters. A lot depends on the pliable definition of the word “valuable.” But since we’re weighing two candidates from opposite teams, try this thought experiment: how would this series have gone if neither James nor Iguodala had played? Would Golden State have swept? Mercy-ruled Cleveland in three? There is no conceivable universe where Iguodala meant more to the Warriors’ chances than James did to the Cavs’.

At least we know there will never again be a Finals MVP from a losing team; if it didn’t happen last night, it’s clear that hidebound media voters have a categorical antipathy for separating performance from result. That’s OK. A trophy’s a trophy, and a legacy’s a legacy. The Warriors were the league’s best team from wire-to-wire, and deserved this championship—basketball’s role as the most meritocratic of major sports is refreshing sometimes—but none of that will be as memorable as James lugging this roster to 14 playoff wins. The league’s young stars are beginning to take over, but James showed he’s still the world’s best, one of the best ever, and in losing, somehow managed to play the doomed, tragic hero archetype. Sympathy for LeBron—who’d have ever thought?

And we thought they were supposed to be the anti ESPN. 

They'll go hard against management and ownership and dullards like Darren Rovell, which is great, but yeah, when it comes to superstar players and great teams, they're bigger star****ers than anyone at ESPN.

They'll go hard against management and ownership and dullards like Darren Rovell, which is great, but yeah, when it comes to superstar players and great teams, they're bigger star****ers than anyone at ESPN.

Lebron's an unreal talent but he's just a phony douche. He'll hold Cleveland hostage this offseason again.

Archived