8 members have voted

1. 1. who wins?

• Cavs
    • Warriors

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He can't hurt you anymore.

It's not even a LeBron thing. I wanted the Cavs to lose because of Earl and Dellavedova, not LeBron. It's the way that he makes failed humanities majors like Petchesky wax idiotic about "the tragic hero archetype." Dan Bernstein referred to his return to Cleveland as "the consummation of the heroic monomyth." He's a basketball player. Get ****ed already.

It's not even a LeBron thing. I wanted the Cavs to lose because of Earl and Dellavedova, not LeBron. It's the way that he makes failed humanities majors like Petchesky wax idiotic about "the tragic hero archetype." Dan Bernstein referred to his return to Cleveland as "the consummation of the heroic monomyth." He's a basketball player. Get ****ed already.

It's Cleveland. Living in Cleveland. What else is there?

I understand. We live in nice cities. They live in a dump with nothing to do. I don't see the problem with hyperbole when they just got their economy back because of one guy.

For people in Cleveland, fine, but the two guys writing the hyperbole we're quoting are from New York and Chicago, respectively. That's my point. LeBron turns everyone into a staff writer for The Classical For Kids.

Societies have always done that about larger than life people.

There was some crazy proto-roids hunter out there that inspired the Heracles myth.

For people in Cleveland, fine, but the two guys writing the hyperbole we're quoting are from New York and Chicago, respectively. That's my point. LeBron turns everyone into a staff writer for The Classical For Kids.

Sure. It's questionable writing, unnecessary in order to make a point. But they've been doing this since long before Lebron, so I don't understand why it has to be his problem. If Jordan had played in the age of every douchebag posting Twitter links as news, it would have been the same stuff.

Sure. It's questionable writing, unnecessary in order to make a point. But they've been doing this since long before Lebron, so I don't understand why it has to be his problem. If Jordan had played in the age of every douchebag posting Twitter links as news, it would have been the same stuff.

I guess. I've been locked in my house for two weeks with nothing to do but change diapers and watch ESPN, so I think I'm just burned out on sports media in general.

Anyone still dumb enough to say the Knicks got fleeced trading Shump and Jr. to Cleveland for a 2nd rd pick? Getting the cap room itself was worth the trade and those guys are terrible

LOL, they got fleeced.  It wasn't merely a 2nd round pick.  It was a 2019 2nd round pick.  And the "cap room" itself was not worth it because both JR and Shump were coming off the books anyway since Shump wasn't going to be tendered and JR was opting out.  In other words, Jax didn't need to make the trade for cap room.

Any decent GM would have gotten more than a 2019 2nd round pick in that trade and you know it.  Mozgov stunk in Denver, but Cavs still gave them TWO 1st rounders for him.  A good GM gets a 1st rounder for that trade, even if in distant future.  A crappy one like Jax gets a 2nd rounder 4 years from now.

J.R. is not opting out. The idea is ludicrous. Nobody is paying that crazy a$$hole anything. The only people who will employ Lance Stephenson are Jordan and Doc Rivers, and he at least used to be productive.

Dolan bringing back JR makes sense tbh.

J.R. is not opting out. The idea is ludicrous. Nobody is paying that crazy a$$hole anything. The only people who will employ Lance Stephenson are Jordan and Doc Rivers, and he at least used to be productive.

Of course the idea is ludicrous but JR is ludicrous. Heck, he even said he's opting out.

Archived