Cavs vs Warriors

Blackout

who wins?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. who wins?

• Cavs
    • Warriors

It really has just been a dogsh*t finals. The MVP has played like his title for about three of the sixteen quarters and his max-deal co-star has played as tough as that balsa wood you used to make sh*tty art projects out of in the fourth grade. The best player on the planet has been the only one consistently showing up and even he's had some off moments. Meanwhile, Earl Jr. has done his best to lose his team games and the great white hope from down under's grittiness and basketball IQ aren't enough to overcome him shooting 3-15 his last game. All while Timofey f*cking Mozgov is the second best player on the court. Gross. Give me the crab juice.

Pretty spot on, really.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't been able to catch most of this series but what's the verdict here? So teammates matter? That's crazy. What a crazy concept. I like you guys but you're crazy.

That and being able to set moving screens and over the backs that never get called. The Warriors deserve to win but I'm sick of hearing the refs "are letting them play". Someone is make money in Vegas.

So both Curry and Bron show up in the same game and it's still blah.  I really want to root for Cleveland, but Earl Jr. and the rest of Bron's cast of misfits makes that unbearable and while I like Steph and Kerr, Thompson and their fan-base makes them even worse to cheer for.  Still feel it's gonna be Miami 2.0; they'll lose this year then run the table next year, was just hoping it'd be a more exciting finals this season. 

I mean, if you want to call LeBron the best all-around player in the history of the sport, I'm with you. That said, Jordan doesn't get stonewalled by Andre Iguodala in the fourth quarter of a tight playoff game.

Igoudala is playing great and lebron has garbage to play with

I mean, if you want to call LeBron the best all-around player in the history of the sport, I'm with you. That said, Jordan doesn't get repeatedly stonewalled by Andre Iguodala in the fourth quarter of a tight playoff game.

I have no problem saying that Bron is the single greatest talent that basketball has seen, but I agree, I have trouble seeing Jordan not taking it to Klay, Iggy or anyone else they put on him. It's unfair to expect him to carry the team on his own, but when you're being judged as the 1st or 2nd greatest player of all time, those are the unfair standards your held to. One shot difference in the fourth, you want to be the greatest ever, you win.  I saw him score 25 in a row against Detroit, he's certainly capable of it, just didn't do it tonight.

It's difficult to criticize a 3rd string PG forced into big minutes for sucking.  Delly has become what he is.  Someone on twitter posted a crazy stat during the game on Delly: 15 made FGs and 13 TOs in the series

It's difficult to criticize a 3rd string PG forced into big minutes for sucking. Delly has become what he is. Someone on twitter posted a crazy stat during the game on Delly: 15 made FGs and 13 TOs in the series

Sort of irrelevant, though. He's literally the last guy on the Cavs that's supposed to shoot, so "FG made" isn't a knock. The defense he's playing on Curry is pretty impressive, even though Curry got off yesterday.

I have no problem saying that Bron is the single greatest talent that basketball has seen, but I agree, I have trouble seeing Jordan not taking it to Klay, Iggy or anyone else they put on him. It's unfair to expect him to carry the team on his own, but when you're being judged as the 1st or 2nd greatest player of all time, those are the unfair standards your held to. One shot difference in the fourth, you want to be the greatest ever, you win.  I saw him score 25 in a row against Detroit, he's certainly capable of it, just didn't do it tonight.

I think this is fair.  He also misses a ton of chip shots that I just dont think Jordan lets rim out but he's also putting up a triple double and scoring 40pts a game...what else is he supposed to do?

This is the most boring final I've ever watched.  Its like watching 2 really good players, go to some pick up court, shoot for captains, pick from the group of scrubs and then go play for the NBA Title. 

I think this is fair.  He also misses a ton of chip shots that I just dont think Jordan lets rim out but he's also putting up a triple double and scoring 40pts a game...what else is he supposed to do?

This is the most boring final I've ever watched.  Its like watching 2 really good players, go to some pick up court, shoot for captains, pick from the group of scrubs and then go play for the NBA Title. 

NBA Finals games tend to be boring unless it's close within the last 5 minutes.  Unless something wild happens early on, nothing piques interest until the end if you don't have a rooted interest in one of the teams.

I think this is fair. He also misses a ton of chip shots that I just dont think Jordan lets rim out but he's also putting up a triple double and scoring 40pts a game...what else is he supposed to do?

This is the most boring final I've ever watched. Its like watching 2 really good players, go to some pick up court, shoot for captains, pick from the group of scrubs and then go play for the NBA Title.

I don't think LeBron has that second gear to blow by defenders the way Jordan did. He's entirely reliant on muscling the shot up every time, even on dribble drives where he gets a step.

NBA Finals games tend to be boring unless it's close within the last 5 minutes.  Unless something wild happens early on, nothing piques interest until the end if you don't have a rooted interest in one of the teams.

Meh, I disagree.  I think they're typically pretty exciting.  You typically at least have the memorable moment, a shot, a play, a performance or unforgettable game...there has been none of that.

On a side note, I'm doing lunch with Artis Gilmore this week.  We met over the weekend.  He's big in the community and we're doing some networking.  Just figured it had been a while since some JiF name droppin has taken place.  I'm pretty stoked to pick his brain.  

I don't think LeBron has that second gear to blow by defenders the way Jordan did. He's entirely reliant on muscling the shot up every time, even on dribble drives where he gets a step.

That's mainly because LeBron has 50-60 lbs on Jordan.

LeBron is a physical freak, but he's still a large man with large-man limitations.  Jordan was shorter, thinner and had better stamina than LeBron, even with Jordan in his 30s.  When Jordan lost some of his quickness he developed that unguardable fadeaway.

That could be it...he's constantly having to muscle it up that he misses a crap ton of lay-ups...but they seem to happen more toward the end of the game rather than the begging. 

Meh, I disagree.  I think they're typically pretty exciting.  You typically at least have the memorable moment, a shot, a play, a performance or unforgettable game...there has been none of that.

On a side note, I'm doing lunch with Artis Gilmore this week.  We met over the weekend.  He's big in the community and we're doing some networking.  Just figured it had been a while since some JiF name droppin has taken place.  I'm pretty stoked to pick his brain.  

As to the first part, yeah, there are those early moments, but those happen with higher skill level.  The problem we haven't been wowed is because Curry has not shot lights-out throughout the games.

As to the second part, that's awesome!  Have a great time and, of course, you're tell us all about it ... forever.

Awesome.  I love the ABA guys.  I saw him at his HOF induction, sadly he no longer has that classic 'fro.

Sort of irrelevant, though. He's literally the last guy on the Cavs that's supposed to shoot, so "FG made" isn't a knock. The defense he's playing on Curry is pretty impressive, even though Curry got off yesterday.

Lebron also has a habit of pounding the ball for 20 seconds then firing off a pass to a covered player to bump up his assists. The guy is so incredibly stat conscious its ridiculous. Winning the MVP in a losing effort would sum up his career perfectly. 

Lebron also has a habit of pounding the ball for 20 seconds then firing off a pass to a covered player to bump up his assists. The guy is so incredibly stat conscious its ridiculous. Winning the MVP in a losing effort would sum up his career perfectly.

The coaching is dubious, too, assuming that Blatt is doing any actual coaching at this point. How many times were they going to give the ball to LeBron out at the left elbow and then stand around watching him back in from 30 feet out? Shumpert was a defensive liability the entire second half and they kept him in the whole time. Is Shawn Marion really that shot?

The coaching is dubious, too, assuming that Blatt is doing any actual coaching at this point. How many times were they going to give the ball to LeBron out at the left elbow and then stand around watching him back in from 30 feet out? Shumpert was a defensive liability the entire second half and they kept him in the whole time. Is Shawn Marion really that shot?

Isn't it ironic that the Cavs offense in the Finals has devolved into the Melo-Knicks offense of the last two year.

Isn't it ironic that the Cavs offense in the Finals has devolved into the Melo-Knicks offense of the last two year.

The irony is that the Cavs would be better off giving it to Melo is those spots*.

*Any Carmelo-led team would lose by 40 to the Warriors in a playoff setting

I dont think Blatt does anything tbh.

I just enjoy watching him fail.

Archived