Bruce Jenner to receive Arthur Ashe courage award.

BallinPB

I'm done with ESPN. What a disgrace to give this guy a courage award. I have no problem with Bruce lifestyle choice but to glorify it and actually give him an award is just sickening and sends out the wrong message to children.

I remember when Jim Valvano first received the award in 1993. Back then t meant something. I was taken back last year when Michael Sam received it but she was the first openly gay football player. At least it had to do with sports. Bruce hasn't been relevant in sports for 3 decades. I'm just disgusted with this.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well as soon as you own your own sports network and an award to give away, you can give it to whomever you want to.

I'm not asking to give away the award. I'm voicing my opinion on the subject guy

I'm done with ESPN. What a disgrace to give this guy a courage award. I have no problem with Bruce lifestyle choice but to glorify it and actually give him an award is just sickening and sends out the wrong message to children.

I remember when Jim Valvano first received the award in 1993. Back then t meant something. I was taken back last year when Michael Sam received it but she was the first openly gay football player. At least it had to do with sports. Bruce hasn't been relevant in sports for 3 decades. I'm just disgusted with this.

I'm confused.   Did Bruce cut it off?  That takes courage.  

I would have given him the courage award before this year when he was married and was forced to spend time with all of those Kardasian's.

I bet the Mom just bit it off, so he said "Screw it, might as well go all the way."

I pray he doesn't make  a sex tape.

No I meant that as far as editorial discretion is concerned, abc calls the shots over there. It's becoming more pervasive over the past 10 years than ever. Objective sports coverage at espn is long gone

Ok... and that changes the fact that all those organizations you mention are owned and under the command and control of media conglomerate Disney how?

Btw I think this Bruce Jenner sex change stuff is a publicity stunt. The Kardashians will do anything to keep their empire going -literally anything.

Exactly what message and who are these children?

Exactly what message and who are these children?

The children who watch the Kardashians everyday. If you have a little son and all of a sudden he's saying I want to be a girl like Bruce, are you ok with that?

The children who watch the Kardashians everyday. If you have a little son and all of a sudden he's saying I want to be a girl like Bruce, are you ok with that?

First of all the Kardashians target audience is not young males.   My sons are17 and 19 now, pretty sure other than peeking at Kim's sex tape on line they have zero interest in the Kardashians. 

I am already not okay with people are raising children that look to Keeping up with the Kardashians for role models. I saw Dog Day Afternoon when I was a kid.  I did not want to become a bank robber.  I did not want to become a transsexual.

Archived