New Server and Site Upgrade

We signed an agreement today for a new server...things have been okay here performance wise but with the Jets headed for big things it is time to expand. We want to be able to accommodate 5,000 people in the game day thread.  :)  We will have more on this soon as there will be a short period of downtime. But that is why we are doing it in June, so we are ready for training camp.

We are also going to be setting up a test site with the latest release from Invision Power Board. IPB 4...lots of new features and we will let you see it before we upgrade so you can test things out. We are pretty excited about it and we will post the schedule as soon as it is finalized.

Thanks!

We signed an agreement today for a new server...things have been okay here performance wise but with the Jets headed for big things it is time to expand. We want to be able to accommodate 5,000 people in the game day thread.   :)  We will have more on this soon as there will be a short period of downtime. But that is why we are doing it in June, so we are ready for training camp.

We are also going to be setting up a test site with the latest release from Invision Power Board. IPB 4...lots of new features and we will let you see it before we upgrade so you can test things out. We are pretty excited about it and we will post the schedule as soon as it is finalized.

Thanks!

can I finally @ people

Will it accommodate my blog and webcast?

For the last time, you're diary entries regarding your treatments is not a blog, and you crying into the camera because your brother doesn't love you is not a webcast. 

Please stop asking

Cool, thanks for update.

I also post over at NYYFans a Yankee message board, and that site was down for 3 days without warning and are still waiting for a reason why a few weeks later. SNY bought them a few years ago.. guess I shouldn't be surprised they don't give a sh*t about their members.

For the last time, you're diary entries regarding your treatments is not a blog, and you crying into the camera because your brother doesn't love you is not a webcast.

Please stop asking

He loves me its just complicated

T0mShane, please explain why you negative repped this.

I am just mad that this is in the football forum and not that special forum that gives Max a little shock whenever you post in it.  I should use that one more often.

Tom is a bitter man who doesnt like fun things. 

Maybe it's time time for a logo and banner update. Maybe ad a more recent or current player to the banner. Maybe a updated modern version of this logo, can't say I'm a huge fan of the shield logo.

sml_gallery_5331_103_653.gif

I love that first logo!

Looks like all the filthy schleps from JetsInsider coming over here forced a server upgrade.  Rumor d'jour, Maxman in heavy negotiations with nyj.scout.

Performance wise I think we have been okay even with the extra traffic. This server upgrade has more to do with Greenbeans telling me something about solid state drives being better for i\o. Then he also said something about me needing to stop being a cheap f*&k. But I am paraphrasing that last part, it took him much longer to get to the point.

Archived