New Server and Site Upgrade

We signed an agreement today for a new server...things have been okay here performance wise but with the Jets headed for big things it is time to expand. We want to be able to accommodate 5,000 people in the game day thread.  :)  We will have more on this soon as there will be a short period of downtime. But that is why we are doing it in June, so we are ready for training camp.

We are also going to be setting up a test site with the latest release from Invision Power Board. IPB 4...lots of new features and we will let you see it before we upgrade so you can test things out. We are pretty excited about it and we will post the schedule as soon as it is finalized.

Thanks!

Meanwhile...if you go to scout while JN is down, you can post with 7 other fans. :)

Will this require me to update my email address? You know, for accuracy and all...

Yeah about that. Please just go in and update that. Yeah. That would be great. There is a credit card form in your profile. Just go ahead and put in those details too. Just for verification purposes.

Check the check box that starts with I authorize....don't waste your time reading that paragraph. Everything is fine. Nothing to see here.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you just take over the old JI server? God knows they have no use for a server that can handle 5,000+ users anymore.

I remember when they got that server. I believe the quote was, "It will knock your socks off".  :)

Having a 3rd party pay for all the hosting and server costs is appealing. When we move to the new server I think we will be close to $600 per month for hosting\software. What is not appealing is having that 3rd party chase away every single poster.  

• 2 months later...

Not a fan of the new mobile site. Sorry, but true.

Once we get the colors updated to deal with the contrast issue I think you should give it another look. We have other changes to it but any specific feedback is always appreciated.

We did install Tapatalk again because a lot of people prefer to use that.

Once we get the colors updated to deal with the contrast issue I think you should give it another look. We have other changes to it but any specific feedback is always appreciated.

We did install Tapatalk again because a lot of people prefer to use that.

Cool, thanks. 

The colors have been updated. On my monitor it makes it much easier to read on the desktop version. But the bigger improvement is on the mobile version. The posts stand out more because everything isn't all white. If the mobile version isn't to your liking we do have more changes coming down the road. But for now I would recommend Tapatalk but hopefully you like the mobile version. I do.

Thanks everyone.

something is going on w/ the site. the multi quote feature isn't working and when I posted recently it just added on to an old post rather than using the post I quoted.

I had the same issue with quoting yesterday. I am going to report it to IPB and see if they have a patch that fixes it. Thanks.

Archived