Damon Harrison future w/ Jets

LAD_Brooklyn

What his future with the team? A lot of people link Williams to Wilkerson and leave out Snacks. What is the going rate for the top tiers DTs. Would it make sense to to let Harrison walk and find another 1-2 down NT with us investing that money into Wilkerson? It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

What his future with the team? A lot of people link Williams to Wilkerson and leave out Snacks. What is the going rate for the top tiers DTs. Would it make sense to to let Harrison walk and find another 1-2 down NT with us investing that money into Wilkerson? It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Let a CB walk next year. We don't need to pay 6mil to our #3 CB. We need Snacks. He's an excellent value player n can still improve. Keep him, Mo, Sheldon n Leo. No hard having a safety valve or going rotations, using guys on about 70-90% plays each. If we can pick up an equally good OLB for Mo, I wouldn't be opposed to it. Their values has to be similar though in terms of talent, age and contract.

in a perfect world, Williams lives up to the hype, snacks signs a 3 or 4 year contract, the jets receive good value in trading mo wilks

Williams plays a similar role to Mo.  If he lives up to the hype, he should be little to no drop-off from Mo and paired with Sheldon, we'd still have a dominant DL. The only other NT on the team that I can think of is Barnes and I wouldn't let Harrison go with just Barnes behind him.

Let a CB walk next year. We don't need to pay 6mil to our #3 CB. We need Snacks. He's an excellent value player n can still improve. Keep him, Mo, Sheldon n Leo. No hard having a safety valve or going rotations, using guys on about 70-90% plays each. If we can pick up an equally good OLB for Mo, I wouldn't be opposed to it. Their values has to be similar though in terms of talent, age and contract.

I am pretty sure the hope is that they can save the $8M on Cromartie next season.  That is probably why the deal was structured that way.  Revis and Skrine both will still cost more to cut than to keep next season.  If Milliner or McDougle turns out okay - or even Walls or Williams they will probably hope to dump Cro and go with those 3. 

Williams plays a similar role to Mo.  If he lives up to the hype, he should be little to no drop-off from Mo and paired with Sheldon, we'd still have a dominant DL. The only other NT on the team that I can think of is Barnes and I wouldn't let Harrison go with just Barnes behind him.

They seem to be looking to keep some big bodies.  They drafted Deon Simon in the 7th and added Davon Walls as a priority FA.  They supposedly only gave bonuses to 2 UDFAs Walls and the S from Syracuse, Eskridge

Snacks plays at a position of greater need with lesser available talent than Mo. He'd also be cheaper to keep. I'd rather have the Jets sign Snacks and have money left for Sheldon than Mo. Mo is pretty replaceable, ie Leonard Williams.

I would have to disagree as it most important to get after the passer then stopping the run. It's also proven by the paychecks and demand in the draft for 5 techniques. Also Richardson has 3-4 years till he hits FA so why are we concern about giving him a new contract? Are we also trying to make room for a Milliner as well if has a comeback year lol?

We can't cut Skrine as he has guaranteed money next year unlike Cro. But to keep both Snacks and Mo would be great however we'll be sacrificing our capital to invest else where.

I would have to disagree as it most important to get after the passer then stopping the run. It's also proven by the paychecks and demand in the draft for 5 techniques. Also Richardson has 3-4 years till he hits FA so why are we concern about giving him a new contract? Are we also trying to make room for a Milliner as well if has a comeback year lol?

Richardson is a UFA in 2017, by my count. And I don't disagree that DE is a more valuable position than DT, however, there are more good DEs available than there are good DTs. DT is a position of scarcity, especially for really good players like Snacks.

We can't cut Skrine as he has guaranteed money next year unlike Cro. But to keep both Snacks and Mo would be great however we'll be sacrificing our capital to invest else where.

I didn't know the about Skrine's guaranteed money. But I thought Cro's next years salary is also guaranteed?

http://overthecap.com/player/antonio-cromartie/966/

"The Jets signed CB Antonio Cromartie to a 4 year, $32 million contract on March 18, 2015. Cromartie received a reported 16 million guarantees that we are estimating came in the form of his 2015 and 2016 base salaries plus a 2015 roster bonus."

Most other sites are reporting ZERO guarantee beyond 2015. I guess I over relied on Overthecap / nyjetscap.com. In that case, Im glad we did the contract the way it is. Its essentially a guarantee that we will have a starting caliber #2 CB next yr either in Cro or Milliner. I'd love it to be Milliner.

Archived