UNC to get death penalty perhaps?

afosomf

No way. They'll do that to SMU or UNLV because they're out west and who much cares. UNC is part of the club. Like Syracuse they'll get slapped on the wrist really hard and ...nothing. Roy Williams acting like a choirboy not knowing anything is a joke, but really they're all doing roughly the same thing. Williams like his predecessor Dean Smith has better relationships with the media people who buy his nonsense than coaches who don't play that game. 

No way. They'll do that to SMU or UNLV because they're out west and who much cares. UNC is part of the club. Like Syracuse they'll get slapped on the wrist really hard and ...nothing. Roy Williams acting like a choirboy not knowing anything is a joke, but really they're all doing roughly the same thing. Williams like his predecessor Dean Smith has better relationships with the media people who buy his nonsense than coaches who don't play that game.

All of this.

Worst case scenario, maybe they take the 2005 banner. Maybe.

But they won't do anything to serious hamper their future. UNC is a cash cow for the NCAA and they'll stay that way. Within 5 years they'll be doing something new, they'll just be smarter about it. Oh, and they'll make an example out of some small school with a weak violation within a year.

They're not as corrupt as FIFA...but the NCAA is pretty damn corrupt.

I actually just met a booster for UNC and who played a major sport there, when LT was their they had to bend rules to keeo him in school. So this is probably been systemic in UNC's athletic programs for a long time.

All of this.

But they won't do anything to serious hamper their future. UNC is a cash cow for the NCAA and they'll stay that way. Within 5 years they'll be doing something new, they'll just be smarter about it. Oh, and they'll make an example out of some small school with a weak violation within a year.

Oh well.  At least I finally have some vindication for why I support the school I went to rather than follow the sheep in this state and pull for ACC scum.  I'm sure you feel something similar.

Oh well.  At least I finally have some vindication for why I support the school I went to rather than follow the sheep in this state and pull for ACC scum.  I'm sure you feel something similar.

PREACH, damnit.

All of this.

If the rules had any teeth, Calipari would be banned from NCAA coaching for life. Instead... It's about money. If you're at a big time moneymaker school, no biggie. If you're not, don't go buying a kid a sandwich or a suit jacket. Oh, they're gonna rescind some long ago title? Wow, that's really tough.

This is what happens when you do not have to go to class and coaches look the other way. Take down those banners!

At least they didn't have institutionalized pedophilia by the staff, like PUS ( Pedovania State U.) did.

• 2 months later...

All of this.

All of this.

the men's team did nothing wrong.  they aren't taking any banners or vacating wins though this slow process has been like probation costing the in recruiting.

show me the evidence?  what did the men's team do wrong?  they have nothing on the men's program, it was a University issue not a men's basketball one.  Nowhere were players steered to these course or had grades changed like Syracuse or some other schools that actually cheated.

Goes back to the Dean Smith era.  There's been multiple different administrations since then.  Only 2 significant basketball coaches.  No chance they didn't know.  But continue to delude yourself otherwise.  Makes me chuckle.

Nothing wrong.  lol. 

you can chuckle all you want but there's no evidence to suggest anyone connected w/ the basketball program schemed to keep players eligible. 

the deluded ones are the ones that think they are removing banners or vacating wins.  can't wait until a ton of uninformed people are upset when they get little to no penalty- I should say little to no additional penalties.  this thing dragging on as long as it has, has already been a penalty and one they didn't deserve.

you can chuckle all you want but there's no evidence to suggest anyone connected w/ the basketball program schemed to keep players eligible. 

the deluded ones are the ones that think they are removing banners or vacating wins.  can't wait until a ton of uninformed people are upset when they get little to no penalty- I should say little to no additional penalties.  this thing dragging on as long as it has, has already been a penalty and one they didn't deserve.

Never said they'll be removing banners or vacating wins.  And none of that really matters anyways.  The money was already made off these guys.  Just makes me laugh when total homers say they did "nothing wrong".  Yes, we get it, the system is broken and all the big programs do it, some worse than others.  Doesn't mean it's OK to be a part of the problem and accept no blame. 

The people with the power to make actual change are the coaches.  College football and basketball coaches are the the highest-paid state employees in something like 48 of the 50 states in the US and therefore they have the power, not the administration.  Yet we hold these coaches up on a saint-like pedestal. 

Never said they'll be removing banners or vacating wins.  And none of that really matters anyways.  The money was already made off these guys.  Just makes me laugh when total homers say they did "nothing wrong".  Yes, we get it, the system is broken and all the big programs do it, some worse than others.  Doesn't mean it's OK to be a part of the problem and accept no blame. 

The people with the power to make actual change are the coaches.  College football and basketball coaches are the the highest-paid state employees in something like 48 of the 50 states in the US and therefore they have the power, not the administration.  Yet we hold these coaches up on a saint-like pedestal. 

when there is evidence they used this to keep players eligible or to cheat the system then I will back up what you are saying and call for vacated wins and removal of banners.  this was a University issue, every school has easy classes.  players were not steered toward these classes(men's basketball players), they did not use them to keep players eligible. 

when there is evidence they used this to keep players eligible or to cheat the system then I will back up what you are saying and call for vacated wins and removal of banners.  this was a University issue, every school has easy classes.  players were not steered toward these classes(men's basketball players), they did not use them to keep players eligible. 

You are in LA La land, i spoke with a UNC booster in Jamaica this yr, and this has been occuring in chapel thrill for a long time, both in bball and football.

LT couldnt read or write a complete sentence.

You are in LA La land, i spoke with a UNC booster in Jamaica this yr, and this has been occuring in chapel thrill for a long time, both in bball and football.

LT couldnt read or write a complete sentence.

trust me, you are ln lala land.  I ask again- where is the evidence?  please post it? and not some uninformed article, some real evidence the men's basketball team intentionally did anything wrong?

trust me, you are ln lala land.  I ask again- where is the evidence?  please post it? and not some uninformed article, some real evidence the men's basketball team intentionally did anything wrong?

I trust the word of this UNC Booster, Carolina BB players were partaking in these sham classes just like the football players

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
9 minutes ago, afosomf said:

a sham, all blame directed at womens bball, what a croc of sh1t in chapel thrill.   Heels are closest thing to Cheats there is

hahahahahahaha.  what was a sham was the story itself.  your team is the one who operates like NE w/ bending rules/cheating and they have ruined the game of basketball but enjoy the death penalty and banners coming down for the Heels.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived