" Cover your eyes : An update on the Jets' 2014 draft class " ~ ~ ~

kelly

Unreal mon, any TE that is worth their weight in gold is being covered by a safety/nickel back. If one thinks Amaro is just going to be covered by LB's should tell you ihe blows donkey dik. Amaro is not a great athlete and is very clumsy catching footballs. Jet WR corp is not scaring anyone and even if they were a solid group, if amaro was a great TE, teams would use a safety to cover him. 

Jets WR corp is probably going to scare a lot of teams this season (if they can stay healthy) Marshal, Decker and Kerley are a pretty good 1,2,3...because Marshal and Decker will demand CB and Saftey attention it will put guys like Devin Smith, Kerley and Amaro in a good position to make plays. I have a feeling this offense is going to be much better than you think it is.

Jets WR corp is probably going to scare a lot of teams this season (if they can stay healthy) Marshal, Decker and Kerley are a pretty good 1,2,3...because Marshal and Decker will demand CB and Saftey attention it will put guys like Devin Smith, Kerley and Amaro in a good position to make plays. I have a feeling this offense is going to be much better than you think it is.

Smith is the wildcard for sure, If they go 10 personnel,  Amaro wont even be in play, 11 Personnel will be Amaro  Marshall Kerley and Decker. Marshall is also starting to get long in the tooth. 2015 cast is way better for sure. 

I also would say Pryor over Bridgewater is going to go down as probably his worst decision in this draft class, even if Pryor works out ok.  All because Rex wanted the guy who can hit somebody.  That was a luxury pick for a franchise that could ill-afford one.

This was strike three (two was not calling Revis back), one was Milner (kid never had a chance to fill those shoes) but draft a QB until you have a QB, Bridgewater dropped into Idziks lap and all he had to do was make that pick to save his job

Mac turned in the card for Williams and proved he belongs (he also drafted a QB when he needed to)

This was strike three (two was not calling Revis back), one was Milner (kid never had a chance to fill those shoes) but draft a QB until you have a QB, Bridgewater dropped into Idziks lap and all he had to do was make that pick to save his job

Mac turned in the card for Williams and proved he belongs (he also drafted a QB when he needed to)

Bridgewater had a horrendous pro day, I honestly thought he was still the best QB in the draft though it would have been more likely that we would have taken Manziel had we gone the QB route and that would have been a disaster, could you imagine Manziel in NY with Rex Ryan as his head coach? would have been ugly. Honestly I think drafting defense with Rex as the head coach was the right way to go from Idziks perspective, he probably figured if he drafted a QB the coaching staff wouldn't be able to develop the guy anyway and atleast if he picks defensive players there is a good chance Rex could make them look like they were decent picks even if they were mediocore.

Bridgewater had a horrendous pro day, I honestly thought he was still the best QB in the draft though it would have been more likely that we would have taken Manziel had we gone the QB route and that would have been a disaster, could you imagine Manziel in NY with Rex Ryan as his head coach? would have been ugly. Honestly I think drafting defense with Rex as the head coach was the right way to go from Idziks perspective, he probably figured if he drafted a QB the coaching staff wouldn't be able to develop the guy anyway and at least if he picks defensive players there is a good chance Rex could make them look like they were decent picks even if they were mediocore.

Yea, the Manziel, Rex media frenzy might have forced the the team to move to LA   :blowup:

hard to believe that draft could have been worse then it was  :)

Dennard would have been my pick if they stayed with defense, but I do think Pryor can succeed at SS

Drafting Pryor did legitimately make me sick to my stomach. Before the draft, I wanted the pick to be Bridgewater, suspected it could be Bortles, but thought it'd be Beckham Jr. Picking Pryor there was gross. I can only assume Idzik was trying to copy the Seahawks success at the safety position.

Drafting Pryor did legitimately make me sick to my stomach. Before the draft, I wanted the pick to be Bridgewater, suspected it could be Bortles, but thought it'd be Beckham Jr. Picking Pryor there was gross. I can only assume Idzik was trying to copy the Seahawks success at the safety position.

hi tom, hope all well w/u and yours... been to any good flicks lately? :)

Hi, Rich. I'm ok, and I hope you and yours are well. I saw and loved Mad Max, but I've been disappointed with most of the films so far this year. 

stick with the " classics "..

cheers ~ ~

:cheer:

Hi, Rich. I'm ok, and I hope you and yours are well. I saw and loved Mad Max, but I've been disappointed with most of the films so far this year. 

ya been a ruf year....The 2 music flicks 'The Wrecking Crew' and The Beach Boys Biopic, 'Love&Mercy', were OK.. I saw Wrecking Crew 1st and Beach Boys flick spent quite a bit of time showing/talking about the famous Wrecking Crew....

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1200743-wrecking_crew/?search=wre

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/love_and_mercy/?search=love%20and

I had no issue with Idzik's approach to free agency. But if you preach that the draft is going to be the team's lifeline, then you better draft well. To have that many picks, in a draft with that kind of depth, and you come away with this steaming pile of crap, was flat-out criminal.

Idzik's plan was a sound one, but he was unable to properly execute it.

Tootsie? Mrs. Doubtfire? Victor/Victoria?

casablanca

on the waterfront

the french connection

the Lord of the Rings : the two towers

cheers ~ ~

:cheer:

Archived