PATS' BRANDON SPIKES UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR AN ALLEGED HIT AND RUN

jeaniec

Looks pretty serious.  If Spikes is convicted for a hit and run where injuries are involved,  he can serve up to 2 years in prision.

Michael McCann of Sports Illustrated noted that in Massachusetts, fleeing the scene of a hit-and-run when there are injuries carries a sentence of up to two years in jail.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2489225-brandon-spikes-reportedly-under-investigation-after-abandoned-car-found

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't he the guy who said he was "confused" by our criminal justice system following the Hernandez murder conviction?  Then they re-signed him?  Patriot way?

Looks pretty serious.  If Spikes is convicted for a hit and run where injuries are involved,  he can serve up to 2 years in prision.

Michael McCann of Sports Illustrated noted that in Massachusetts, fleeing the scene of a hit-and-run when there are injuries carries a sentence of up to two years in jail.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2489225-brandon-spikes-reportedly-under-investigation-after-abandoned-car-found

If he abandoned the car and fled the scene, my bet is he did it because he was drinking... If he was over the B-A limit.... the penalty goes up!

Looks pretty serious. If Spikes is convicted for a hit and run where injuries are involved, he can serve up to 2 years in prision.

Michael McCann of Sports Illustrated noted that in Massachusetts, fleeing the scene of a hit-and-run when there are injuries carries a sentence of up to two years in jail.

Why are there so many threads about the Pats? This is a Jets board.

Why are there so many threads about the Pats? This is a Jets board.

There are several reasons:

1.  News affecting personnel on a division rival is relevant to Jets chances this year;

2.  More specifically, Pats D is already depleted and this may deplete it further;

3.  We will play them twice this year and they are already short-handed on defense; and

4.  More news about Pats ethical failures dispels the myth of "the Patriots way," making Jets fans feel better about their team and themselves. 

This one isn't too much of a stretch in terms of being relevant for this board.

1. News affecting personnel on a division rival is relevant to Jets chances this year;

2. More specifically, Pats D is already depleted and this may deplete it further;

3. We will play them twice this year and they are already short-handed on defense; and

4. More news about Pats ethical failures dispels the myth of "the Patriots way," making Jets fans feel better about their team and themselves.

5. They have been kicking our azz for 13 years now & anything that affects their play on the field is relevant to the NY Jets & the fans.

You know why...It is deep seated hate or hateration....  I agree with you we should not be posting so much about them.

1.  News affecting personnel on a division rival is relevant to Jets chances this year;

2.  More specifically, Pats D is already depleted and this may deplete it further;

3.  We will play them twice this year and they are already short-handed on defense; and

4.  More news about Pats ethical failures dispels the myth of "the Patriots way," making Jets fans feel better about their team and themselves. 

At Bills Mafia, we're excited for Rex and crew. We're going 12-4, I can feel it.

One time I was drunk in the work truck sitting in the parking lot of a bar in Kenilworth NJ and I just so happened to be in there with a cute little girl from my town when my Gf Valerie drove up in her big old station wagon. So she gets out and comes huffing and puffing cold steam smoke out of her mouth and nose, rips open the door and says "AH HA!!!!!" races back to the station wagon and decides that she was going to ram the truck, luckily she couldn't get the car to go maybe she was on ice or she couldn't find the right gear but I slipped away without getting the car truck totaled and ending up in jail, the hospital or worse. Yea the old "AH HA!!"

One time I was drunk in the work truck sitting in the parking lot of a bar in Kenilworth NJ and I just so happened to be in there with a cute little girl from my town when my Gf Valerie drove up in her big old station wagon. So she gets out and comes huffing and puffing cold steam smoke out of her mouth and nose, rips open the door and says "AH HA!!!!!" races back to the station wagon and decides that she was going to ram the truck, luckily she couldn't get the car to go maybe she was on ice or she couldn't find the right gear but I slipped away without getting the car truck totaled and ending up in jail, the hospital or worse. Yea the old "AH HA!!"

You old dog, Jimmy.

I'm glad they decided to resign him.

You will eat those words when this all turns out to be an innocent misunderstanding and Spikes becomes an intimidating two-down presence against the many NFL teams that still rely heavily on the Power I.

One time I was drunk in the work truck sitting in the parking lot of a bar in Kenilworth NJ and I just so happened to be in there with a cute little girl from my town when my Gf Valerie drove up in her big old station wagon. So she gets out and comes huffing and puffing cold steam smoke out of her mouth and nose, rips open the door and says "AH HA!!!!!" races back to the station wagon and decides that she was going to ram the truck, luckily she couldn't get the car to go maybe she was on ice or she couldn't find the right gear but I slipped away without getting the car truck totaled and ending up in jail, the hospital or worse. Yea the old "AH HA!!"

Pics or GTFO

Why does every pro athlete drive a Mercedes or similar, even the guys who are driving (and crashing) them aren't likely to be around that long?  The Escalade seems to be the only american car of choice for pro athletes.  No Toyotas, Hondas or VWs either.

very serious offense, if he did it.  Usually involves a prison sentence.  Also, the motive behind a hit-and-run is almost always avoiding a DUI.  If, in discovery, the prosecution can find witnesses that verify Spikes was drinking that night, the consequences can be more severe.

Patriot Way indeed.  Too bad Spikes wouldn't be sent to a maximum security prison, if convicted.  He could have been Hernandez's cell mate.

Why does every pro athlete drive a Mercedes or similar, even the guys who are driving (and crashing) them aren't likely to be around that long? The Escalade seems to be the only american car of choice for pro athletes. No Toyotas, Hondas or VWs either.

Escalades only popular with the Crips homeboyz.

Archived