Geno's mini-camp yesterday proves one thing...

FSU_Jet

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It proved that our team can go +5 in turnovers and the offense is still going to cause us to lose.

Or that we can have the worst QB play in the NFL (again) and the defense is going to keep us in games.

You have exactly zero evidence of that.  He doesn't even know how to execute a 5 step drop currently....but you want him to start games in the NFL?

As sad as it is, it's still probably better than Geno at the moment. Put Petty or Fitz in a conservative, ball-control offense and you'll have better results than letting Geno gun it out to the other team's cornerbacks.

As sad as it is, it's still probably better than Geno at the moment. Put Petty or Fitz in a conservative, ball-control offense and you'll have better results than letting Geno gun it out to the other team's cornerbacks.

No probably's. Do it the right way. Develop a QB properly. 

Geno has sucked in the past and will likely suck in the future. But we only have 2 viable QB options heading into the season (thanks in large part to Idzik) so the coaching staff would be as dumb as OP if they simply gave up on Geno in because of a few Mini camp INTs. Geno is learning a new offense and will make a bunch of  mistakes. I will leave it up to the coaching staff to eventually start the QB that gives this team the best chance. 

For some reason, I don't think any of the posters on this board know more than Gailey/Bowles when it comes to what is best for this team. 

So mini-camp and OTA practices that none of us have been able to see and are only relying on biased and agenda driven media tweets is enough to convince us Geno is not the answer while he is learning a brand new offense, has been working in it for only a month, and has the luxury of facing probably the best defense in the league?

And we should rush out Petty is the answer?

:face:

Geno has sucked in the past and will likely suck in the future. But we only have 2 viable QB options heading into the season (thanks in large part to Idzik) so the coaching staff would be as dumb as OP if they simply gave up on Geno in because of a few Mini camp INTs. Geno is learning a new offense and will make a bunch of  mistakes. I will leave it up to the coaching staff to eventually start the QB that gives this team the best chance. 

For some reason, I don't think any of the posters on this board know more than Gailey/Bowles when it comes to what is best for this team. 

No dig at you personally, but I friggin' hate that mentality.  Remember all those "trust in Rex" posts?  Anybody, professional sports person or fan, has seen Geno play horribly the last two years.  Period. 

No dig at you personally, but I friggin' hate that mentality.  Remember all those "trust in Rex" posts?  Anybody, professional sports person or fan, has seen Geno play horribly the last two years.  Period. 

Well then I guess it's time to fire Bowles and Gailey? By your logic, you don't trust them because they are giving Geno a chance. Something you think is a terrible idea with zero hope of success. Clearly you think they are incompetent when it comes to talent evaluation. And since Mac didn't cut Geno he should probably be canned as well. Maybe it's time for some "FIRE MAC" billboards. 

Petty isn't better than either of them? 

How are you sure of this? How many professional passes has Petty thrown? Better yet, how many preseason passes has he thrown? 

Now he could be better than both guys, but no one knows that. And please dont respond with the "yes I do" position. You dont. We all hope that Petty could be the guy now that he's a Jet, but many of us thought Petty was trash before he was drafted to us.

You have exactly zero evidence of that.  He doesn't even know how to execute a 5 step drop currently....but you want him to start games in the NFL?

How often will Petty need to perform a 5-step drop if Gailey is going to run a true spread offense? Spread offenses operate out of the gun a majority of the time. I don't think people are taking into account the offense that the Jets will be running is almost identical to the offense that Petty ran all through college and high school and is not the traditional pro style NFL offense. At this point it is a timing issue for him and getting used to the speed of the NFL. The more reps he can get the faster that timing issue will correct itself. As I hear more about the new Jets offense I think that Petty can succeed sooner rather than later.

How often will Petty need to perform a 5-step drop if Gailey is going to run a true spread offense? Spread offenses operate out of the gun a majority of the time. I don't think people are taking into account the offense that the Jets will be running is almost identical to the offense that Petty ran all through college and high school and is not the traditional pro style NFL offense. At this point it is a timing issue for him and getting used to the speed of the NFL. The more reps he can get the faster that timing issue will correct itself. As I hear more about the new Jets offense I think that Petty can succeed sooner rather than later.

I don't think people are taking into account how often immediately playing a guy who needs 2 years of development competely destroys both his confidence and his career.

That Geno is NOT the answer at QB!!! Three interceptions and TWO IN THE RED ZONE!!!

When will the Geno lovers finally get it, he's not the guy to lead the Jets this year! Start Petty or Fitz NOW!

You have to consider that he may be playing against the best redzone D in the whole league at the moment. Yeah, I said it.

Isn't it also similar to the offense Geno ran all through college ? 

That Geno is NOT the answer at QB!!! Three interceptions and TWO IN THE RED ZONE!!!

When will the Geno lovers finally get it, he's not the guy to lead the Jets this year! Start Petty or Fitz NOW!

Or that it's the first day of camp, no pads, learning a new offense while going against a really good D.

Helps explain why a 9 year vet who knows the offense inside and out struggled too, with two picks of his own.

Archived