The 2015 Dolphins and Bills slander thread.

T0mShane

I heard that this was Whaley's call.  Pegula was surprised but gave Whaley the go ahead.  

Sounds about right, just remember the following and you will be okay.

Any move looked on as being good is Rex's move.

Any move that does not work out or looks bad is the gms fault, or the owners.

Stick to the above mantra and the world will be right.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah good, you're back!  And it seems clear you're taking the blind eye approach to Rex's "Throwing others under the bus" strategy, which he utilized for years in NYC.  That'll work out well for you.

I'm not positive that Rex was involved.  I am just going by what's being reported here in Buffalo.  

I'm not positive that Rex was involved.  I am just going by what's being reported here in Buffalo.  

Beat writers always take Rex's side because he provides content.  Manish Mehta still cries himself to sleep at night because poor Rex is gone.  Get used to a lot of "anonymous reports" shifting blame away from Rex during his tenure in Buffalo.

Sounds about right, just remember the following and you will be okay.

Any move looked on as being good is Rex's move.

Any move that does not work out or looks bad is the gms fault, or the owners.

Stick to the above mantra and the world will be right.

Beerfish:  You may be right.    I'm just going by what was reported in the news and we know they're not always right.    Fans picketed Rex's house.  There's a petition with over 8,000 names to re-sign Fred.  Fans are going crazy here.  It reminds of the LeSean Mc Coy move from the Eagles to Buffalo.

Until Shady gets hurt and the likes of Harvin and Incognito tear up the locker room, with no veteran leadership around to take care of it.

We still have Kyle Willams as a great leader.  However,  I agree with you,  I am growing concerned about the locker room saga too.

We still have Kyle Willams as a great leader.  However,  I agree with you,  I am growing concerned about the locker room saga too.

Rex is ahead of schedule in his destruction of the locker room.  I was expecting he'd have it full of questionable characters by season 2, ousting quality leaders in the process.  Here we are in Week 4 of the preseason and it's already taken place. 

Don't worry Buffalo, you don't need leaders.  Rex will take care of the team like a mother spoiling his young, only the kids are all juvenile delinquents.

You keep reading threads from Rex haters you will be perched outside his house soon with a sniper rifle soon waiting for him to come out..LOL

You keep reading threads from Rex haters you will be perched outside his house soon with a sniper rifle soon waiting for him to come out..LOL

Generally, for someone to truly have "haters", one has to be successful.  We're talking about a coach with a career losing record here.  Much like his predecessors Herm and Mangini, who were even worse at their 2nd stops.  It's not "hating".  It's accurate commentary.  He's a failure, and is continuing to make the same exact mistakes at destination # 2 that led to his demise here. 

I listen but don't let it affect my opinion.  I really like Rex.  However,  when I think of some of the behavioral problems (although past),  it's hard not to get concerned about the locker room.  

Rex is ahead of schedule in his destruction of the locker room.  I was expecting he'd have it full of questionable characters by season 2, ousting quality leaders in the process.  Here we are in Week 4 of the preseason and it's already taken place. 

Don't worry Buffalo, you don't need leaders.  Rex will take care of the team like a mother spoiling his young, only the kids are all juvenile delinquents.

I heard there were problems between Mc Coy and Fred Jackson.  If you can't get along with Fred Jackson,  you need to hang it up.  I am not a fan of Mc Coy.  

Generally, for someone to truly have "haters", one has to be successful.  We're talking about a coach with a career losing record here.  Much like his predecessors Herm and Mangini, who were even worse at their 2nd stops.  It's not "hating".  It's accurate commentary.  He's a failure, and is continuing to make the same exact mistakes at destination # 2 that led to his demise here. 

And in BB's second stop(Can't count 24 hrs as Jet HC) he went 5-11 with Bledsoe then Brady happened and he was a Genius..

I heard there were problems between Mc Coy and Fred Jackson.  If you can't get along with Fred Jackson,  you need to hang it up.  I am not a fan of Mc Coy.  

LOL.  So add Shady to the list of locker room issues.  Between his departure from Philly, his ad for a party back in July, using the Bills logo, for a party inviting "women only" to RSVP (http://deadspin.com/lesean-mccoy-bring-me-all-of-your-women-1719816903), and now this....yep, sounds like another Rex guy.

And in BB's second stop(Can't count 24 hrs as Jet HC) he went 5-11 with Bledsoe then Brady happened and he was a Genius..

You're not going to earn points for Rex by ripping Belichick.  This is a Jets board.  You're preaching to the choir on that one.

So tell me, who is Rex's Tom Brady?

People like Rex prey on people like you, jeaniec.

You may be right.  However,  from what Jackson said,  I think it was Whaley's decision.  Who really knows.  Maybe Whaley is just taking the fall.  However,  I don't believe Pegula wanted this.  

LOL.  So add Shady to the list of locker room issues.  Between his departure from Philly, his ad for a party back in July, using the Bills logo, for a party inviting "women only" to RSVP (http://deadspin.com/lesean-mccoy-bring-me-all-of-your-women-1719816903), and now this....yep, sounds like another Rex guy.

Yes,  Mc Coy is one player I could live without.  Shoud have kept Jackson

If Rex wanted him he would still be on the roster.   He is what he is a old RB who ran at a 3.5 per rate a year ago.  The cut was the right move.

Yeah I really don't get the outrage over this move you'd think the Bills cut Ladainian Tomlinson in his prime. Jackson is an ok part-time player and they have depth with him gone anyway.

Yeah I really don't get the outrage over this move you'd think the Bills cut Ladainian Tomlinson in his prime. Jackson is an ok part-time player and they have depth with him gone anyway.

He still can catch out of the backfield but as a runner leaves a lot to be desired.  You can get pretty much anyone to do what he does as a runner. 

You may be right.  However,  from what Jackson said,  I think it was Whaley's decision.  Who really knows.  Maybe Whaley is just taking the fall.  However,  I don't believe Pegula wanted this.  

regardless of who made the call, it's pretty clear that it was Rex's doing that this "rogue" business got to the press to take the heat off of him. Pretty cowardly, but typical.

regardless of who made the call, it's pretty clear that it was Rex's doing that this "rogue" business got to the press to take the heat off of him. Pretty cowardly, but typical.

Wouldn't surprise me.  I don't think anyone wanted to take the fall for this one.  It was pretty bad here on Monday.    The fans were extremely upset.  People seem to think that they announced the starting QB to ease the pain sort of speak.

Wouldn't surprise me.  I don't think anyone wanted to take the fall for this one.  It was pretty bad here on Monday.    The fans were extremely upset.  People seem to think that they announced the starting QB to ease the pain sort of speak.

Ah yes.  Nothing eases the pain of being a Bills fan quite like announcing Tyrod Taylor as your starting QB.

I get being disappointed but players get old and they're the ones who negotiated a salary cap into their CBA. 

I know but it really bothered us.  I think I was a little over the top on this want (both shocked, hurt and disappointed).  I just hope he lands up on a good team (anyone but the Patriots) 

I know but it really bothered us.  I think I was a little over the top on this want (both shocked, hurt and disappointed).  I just hope he lands up on a good team (anyone but the Patriots) 

Part of sports today, players are going to get cut, especially if cap money is involved.  Would be nice if only the players we don't care about got cut but it doesn't work that way.  I feel for you but nothing you can do 

Part of sports today, players are going to get cut, especially if cap money is involved.  Would be nice if only the players we don't care about got cut but it doesn't work that way.  I feel for you but nothing you can do 

The "that's the cap and that's the way it is" argument doesn't work here.  For 2 reasons:

1.  It has been reported multiple times that the Bills didn't once offer to re-negotiate Jackson's deal.  $2.4M isn't a cap crippling number for a # 2 RB.  And if it was, I'm sure Jackson would have gladly re-worked his deal had they offered.

2.  The cap is about to go up significantly the next few years.  Piggybacking on what I just stated in point # 1, they could have easily moved some of that money to next year.

This wasn't a cap casualty.  This was the Bills (cough, Rex) wanting him off the roster so that Karlos Williams could move up the depth chart.  With a little bit of "Shady doesn't like him" aspect sprinkled in.  It's not a big deal for most teams, but in a situation where the Head Coach has pretty much been making all the roster decisions so far, it's another example of Rex taking control, letting go of solid veteran leader for little reason, and then pinning it on the front office.  It's a small event as part of a much wider problem for Rex Ryan. 

But who gives a sh*t right?  It's the Bills problem, not us.  Cool, let's move on.

The "that's the cap and that's the way it is" argument doesn't work here.  For 2 reasons:

1.  It has been reported multiple times that the Bills didn't once offer to re-negotiate Jackson's deal.  $2.4M isn't a cap crippling number for a # 2 RB.  And if it was, I'm sure Jackson would have gladly re-worked his deal had they offered.

2.  The cap is about to go up significantly the next few years.  Piggybacking on what I just stated in point # 1, they could have easily moved some of that money to next year.

This wasn't a cap casualty.  This was the Bills (cough, Rex) wanting him off the roster so that Karlos Williams could move up the depth chart.  Plain and simple.  It's not a big deal for most teams, but in a situation where the Head Coach has pretty much been making all the roster decisions so far, it's another example of Rex taking control, letting go of solid veteran leader for little reason, and then pinning it on the front office.  It's a small event as part of a much wider problem for Rex Ryan. 

But who gives a sh*t right?  It's the Bills problem, not us.  Cool, let's move on.

I was talking sports in general, sports today.  

I was also stroking a broken heart

Archived