The 2015 Dolphins and Bills slander thread.

T0mShane

Even with my obvious disdain for Rex I try to look at it open minded and I don't see them making the playoffs at all, I think 5-11 this year and 3-13 next year a total debacle . I agree with Slats this is the worst landing spot for him but that aside Rex has learned nothing , he's not even pretending to act like he's grown as a coach, he brought his whole gang up to buffalo with him for another free ride, makes it priority #1 to sign Incognito ..etc etc...I think this ends quick and badly....borderline kotitian.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought we should have a place to mock the rest of the AFC East. Pats, as always, will get their own threads on the daily.

ooooh...   FUN!

What has 12,000 eyes and 6 teeth?

The upper deck at Ralph Wilson Stadium

I don't think they'll make the post-season at all. Maybe if Rex had ended up in a weak division/conference like the NFC South, but not the AFC East when you've got to climb past the Patriots who have owned it for over a decade, the Dolphins and Jets who both have better top-to-bottom rosters than the Bills, and then the rest of the conference is brutal.

The only teams I think Buffalo will have a realistic chance of being better than in the AFC are Oakland (maybe), Tennessee, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Pittsburgh (maybe), and the Jets (maybe). Not much, the rest of the AFC is going to be tough sledding for everyone. The only way to come out of the AFCE with a playoff berth may be to win the division. I just don't see that happening for Buffalo, hell I have a hard time envisioning it for us.

I'm aware of your opinion of Rex, lol. I recognize the shortcomings. Whatever they may be, he's absolutely capable of selling his vision and motivating his players - at least in the short term. If they can get around their QB issues, I could see them sneaking into the playoffs. They also get to face the Pats without Brady this year, another advantage.

According to the news,  we will do ground and pound 70% - 80% (depends on what rag you read).  Also,  I don't agree that we will run McCoy 300 yards a game.  We have Sammy Watkins.

You can't win in today's NFL running 70-80% of the time. They need a better solution than that.

Of course you do. The one thing you forget is your still the Bills. So no.

I wouldn't expect a Jets fan to agree with me.  However, 10 or 11 is not a stretch for a team that went 9&7 last year and have added a lot of power during off season.   I think we will make the playoffs this year.  

I don't think they'll make the post-season at all. Maybe if Rex had ended up in a weak division/conference like the NFC South, but not the AFC East when you've got to climb past the Patriots who have owned it for over a decade, the Dolphins and Jets who both have better top-to-bottom rosters than the Bills, and then the rest of the conference is brutal.

The only teams I think Buffalo will have a realistic chance of being better than in the AFC are Oakland (maybe), Tennessee, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Pittsburgh (maybe), and the Jets (maybe). Not much, the rest of the AFC is going to be tough sledding for everyone. The only way to come out of the AFCE with a playoff berth may be to win the division. I just don't see that happening for Buffalo, hell I have a hard time envisioning it for us.

Do you see NE winning the division again this year?

I'm aware of your opinion of Rex, lol. I recognize the shortcomings. Whatever they may be, he's absolutely capable of selling his vision and motivating his players - at least in the short term. If they can get around their QB issues, I could see them sneaking into the playoffs. They also get to face the Pats without Brady this year, another advantage.

You can't win in today's NFL running 70-80% of the time. They need a better solution than that.

Never argued against this, what I'm saying that inspite of any boost they get from "motivation" they still just aren't better positioned than most of the rest of the AFC. 

I see a lot of flaw logic on this site when Rex's motivating factor is discussed. Pro-Rex arguments take the Bills win total from last year, and add 2-3 wins because Rex. Just not how it works. He's starting from zero. The team last year had an equally capable defensive coordinator, a sufficient running game, and Kyle Orton who was actually a plus QB for them. This year, they have all of the same strengths except at QB. 

We all know how hard it is to make the playoffs without a relevant QB. Look across the AFC, look at the teams that will be scrapping for a wildcard spot... my opinion of Rex is irrelevant... those teams all have QBs, the Bills do not. That is why I composed my list the way I did, and included us as one of the teams that may be worse than the Bills.

So, past rants about Rex aside, I think I was being pretty unbiased.

Do you see NE winning the division again this year?

Perhaps not, they lose Brady for a couple games, have a terrible secondary, and eventually the league will figure out that Legarrette Blount is not a good RB. That said, the safe bet is to assume they will, and that the Bills, Jets, Dolphins are all battling for a WC spot with teams like the Chargers, Chiefs, Ravens, Steelers, Bengals, etc.

The list of potential 9+ win teams is long in the AFC. 

Slats,  I think we will work around our QB issues.   As mentioned earlier,  I have a lot of faith and respect for Greg Roman (OC).   We,  at the Bills Mafia,  are already prepared to listen to all of the rhetoric about Buffalo beating the Patriots without Brady.  A win is a win.  Remember,  we also have to play the Colts without Marcell Dareus.  

According to the news,  we will do ground and pound 70% - 80% (depends on what rag you read).  Also,  I don't agree that we will run McCoy 300 yards a game.  We have Sammy Watkins.

The Bills will need 45 carries a game just to break 120 yards. They will be facing a stacked box on every down. You have ZERO threat at QB, defenses won't respect your passing game. Sammy and Percy will be useless as outside receivers because your QBs can't get them the ball consistently. 

Cause and effect, jeaniec.

I have a lot of respect for OC Greg Roman.  I am anxious to see his playbook on the field.  

Based on what? He followed Harbaugh from Stanford, and has never really proven himself without him. Now he has to do it with no QB and the most offensively inept HC in football. 

I wouldn't expect a Jets fan to agree with me.  However, 10 or 11 is not a stretch for a team that went 9&7 last year and have added a lot of power during off season.   I think we will make the playoffs this year.  

Pats will win the division with 10-12 wins.  Don;t want to here about deflategate or Tom Brady won;t be the same because until it doesn't happen pretty much have to consider it.  10 or 11 wins gets you a wildcard?  Maybe.  I do think you have a better chance than we do.  If Im being honest.  

Pats will win the division with 10-12 wins.  Don;t want to here about deflategate or Tom Brady won;t be the same because until it doesn't happen pretty much have to consider it.  10 or 11 wins gets you a wildcard?  Maybe.  I do think you have a better chance than we do.  If Im being honest.  

Please Crusher,  anyone but the Patriots this season.  It's time for a change.

The Bills will need 45 carries a game just to break 120 yards. They will be facing a stacked box on every down. You have ZERO threat at QB, defenses won't respect your passing game. Sammy and Percy will be useless as outside receivers because your QBs can't get them the ball consistently. 

Cause and effect, jeaniec.

Based on what? He followed Harbaugh from Stanford, and has never really proven himself without him. Now he has to do it with no QB and the most offensively inept HC in football.

I don't see how Roman is viewed as anything other than the worst OC in the division. Every other OC has had more success for longer periods

Jets - 10-6

Pats - 9-7

Phins - 9-7

Bills - 7-9

This is how I see it shaping up this season. Jets win division.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion obviously, but it's way to early to say we'll win the division. The Pats, deflate gate aside, just won the Super Bowl and have won almost won the division every time since 2002. Jets have only won the AFC East twice in their history. It's great to be optimistic but I personally can't put the Jets over the Pats just yet, I have to see it on the field first.

I can see that, I think the Fins will give them a run for the division.

Look, he might not know what teams are in the AFCW but he sure as hell knows his time zones. 

Knowledge of time zones has absolutely no lace on a football field on Game Day.  It is irrelevant.  All we have to do is get him to the ballpark.

The Bills QB situation is horrendous. And I say that as a Jet fan.

Yes but regular season is not here yet.  Two things can happen.  1)  We might still have a QB that will get us to the playoffs  2)  A seasoned QB might become available.  Won't hold my breathe for the latter.

Yes but regular season is not here yet.  Two things can happen.  1)  We might still have a QB that will get us to the playoffs  2)  A seasoned QB might become available.  Won't hold my breathe for the latter.

Other than Manning holding his breath to spite everyone and forcing his way out of Indy, when was the last time a seasoned, NFL QB who could win games for a team become available at this time of the year to go on and win something for someone? Favre? Before that?

Your team will have to win without a QB and with poor QB play. That's what you have this season. It won't be easy.

It may.  Remember,  teams have no previous tapes to review before playing us.  We have a brand new playbook and our offense has just about been completely overhauled with new players.

Other than Manning holding his breath to spite everyone and forcing his way out of Indy, when was the last time a seasoned, NFL QB who could win games for a team become available at this time of the year to go on and win something for someone? Favre? Before that?

Your team will have to win without a QB and with poor QB play. That's what you have this season. It won't be easy.

Well Vinny was seasoned and lately Carson Palmer for the Cards he was 6-0 last year till he got hurt and was 10-6 the year before.

Yes,  as I mentioned above,  I won't hold me breathe for a seasoned QB to become available. I have "some" faith in Tyrod Taylor.   I don't think anyone is looking for us to make the championship,  let alone the SB but I do think we will make it to the playoffs.   

Now you are getting delusional, I can see the Fins winning 10 or 11.

This forum is "probably"  going to be reallly happy for the Bills first  2 games of the season as there is a possibility that we may lose 1 if not 2 (Colts and Patriots) Then,  I see us going on a long term winning streak but you won't hear me say,  I told you so.   :sick0017:

Yes, as I mentioned above, I won't hold me breathe for a seasoned QB to become available. I have "some" faith in Tyrod Taylor. I don't think anyone is looking for us to make the championship, let alone the SB but I do think we will make it to the playoffs.

If you have any sort of faith in Tyrod Taylor I feel truly sorry for you.

Archived