MetLife Parking changes

Dcat

Received this email:

• Lots 28 and 29 Unavailable: Due to the American Dream Meadowlands construction project adjacent to the IZOD Center, orange Lots 28 and 29 will not be available for parking for the 2015 football season. Parking Deck A, a new parking area, will be made available to compensate for these spaces. Please note that open flames are not permitted in the parking decks.
  • New Non-Tailgating Lot: You asked, we listened. New this season is a non-tailgating parking area located in the northwest corner of green Lot G. As requested by our Season Ticket Holders who are simply looking for parking, tailgating will not be permitted in this lot and this policy will be strictly enforced. If you would like to park in this area complete this form to reserve your spot. Space is limited and is available on a first-come, first-served basis.

To see the locations of these lots, click here to view the 2015 parking map. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd actually consider parking in the non-tailgate lot just to avoid the bags of trash and glass bottles that are a pain in the ass to navigate and just walk over to tailgatejoe's.

Lot K is still the best for me.  It's never full, even though they changed it from Yellow to Orange and we are out onto Rte 3 West in under 2 minutes, perhaps 3.  

When it rains we park in J (sometimes in F or G since the attendants almost never check the color of your pass in inclement weather).  

I just looked at the map (click on link in the 1st post in this thread) and Scott might have a melt down because the non-tailgate area is teeny, teeny, tiny and it is near the Pepsi gate, not the Verizon Gate.    By the time he gets from his  endzone seats on the opposite side to that lot by the Pepsi endzone seats, the traffic jam would be obscene.  He's better off staying in lots E or D.

I'd actually consider parking in the non-tailgate lot just to avoid the bags of trash and glass bottles that are a pain in the ass to navigate and just walk over to tailgatejoe's.

yep, the real  issue is the slobs that dont clean up after themselves

yep, the real  issue is the slobs that dont clean up after themselves

It's such a douche move too.  If  you brought the stuff then it obviously fit in  your car on the way out there so it'll fit on the way back.

Lot K is still the best for me.  It's never full, even though they changed it from Yellow to Orange and we are out onto Rte 3 West in under 2 minutes, perhaps 3.  

When it rains we park in J (sometimes in F or G since the attendants almost never check the color of your pass in inclement weather).  

I just looked at the map (click on link in the 1st post in this thread) and Scott might have a melt down because the non-tailgate area is teeny, teeny, tiny and it is near the Pepsi gate, not the Verizon Gate.    By the time he gets from his  endzone seats on the opposite side to that lot by the Pepsi endzone seats, the traffic jam would be obscene.  He's better off staying in lots E or D.

this is good news for me. I sit by the pepsi gate but I tailgate on the other side with Tailgate Joe. So I always park over there and walk over. So I can park in that lot...no chance of my car being set on my fire.

Well, less of a chance anyway.

And yes, when Sar sees this thread, it should be interesting!

I was happy Lot K wasn't changed at all. I have yellow parking but have parked in K for many years even when it was lot 13 and had the ESPN tent. Also there is plenty of room to tailgate and the concrete median we tailgate on has dumpsters and we have railings to tie garbage bags too as well to make it clean.

It's such a douche move too.  If  you brought the stuff then it obviously fit in  your car on the way out there so it'll fit on the way back.

there are lots of younger ahole fans that simply just have no respect-if I had my way you leave all your crap you are banned for parking your car there-I mean how low class to think you should just leave your garbage all over and let somebody else pick it up-in a perfect world they would wait until the person left, bag it up , drive to their house and dump it all over their yard

Lack of parking lot enforcement is to blame for all the scumbags who litter its a free for all on any given Sunday no rules are enforced its like they encourage all this stuff. 

sure enforecement would be great by the thousands of parking guys that stand around and just bs with each other but I just dont understand how a person can leave all of their trash there for another to pick up-what kind of person does this? I see it at the beach too and thankfull most places I got dont allow coolers now because of it

sure enforecement would be great by the thousands of parking guys that stand around and just bs with each other but I just dont understand how a person can leave all of their trash there for another to pick up-what kind of person does this? I see it at the beach too and thankfull most places I got dont allow coolers now because of it

What is the consequences for fans that do turn the parking lot into a landfill what precautions does the stadium take to stop this type of behavior how about they walk or drive through the parking aisles 30 minutes before kickoff with a dumpster on wheels encouraging fans to clean up there spots instead of placing dumpsters hundreds of yards away from parking spots. 

Parking lot security is a joke always has been always will be they are too worried about the guy selling a $5 hats to earn a living than to improving the quality of life for fans who come to the game.

Over at L7 we were worried about the always encroaching bus lot. we've been told it will not creep into our tailgate anymore so were happy about that. 

You guys should have tweeted about that or made your displeasure known in some way lol.

Tailgate free lots should also be valet parking only this assures that no one opens their trunk for a quick beer or sandwich. 

Yeah I wonder what would happen.  You pull in, put the car in park and roll down the windows and enjoy a sandwich and a beer or two while listening to the radio for 30 minutes before walking in.  Are you thrown out of your car for tailgating in the no tailgating lot?

I suppose it's worth the Jets defining what no tailgating means.  I am thinking the spirit of the rule means no grills, people putting out chairs and tables and hanging outside their cars accumulating (and leaving?) trash, tossing footballs, etc.  But a beer and a sandwich in the car...thinking that's fine.  How about 2 people standing next to a car with a couple beers and sandwiches?  I guess if they said something you could just walk over a few sections or eat/drink while walking.

Regarding the lots turning into dumpsters, I don't know if it's still like this, but I went to a Redskins' game at FedEx field many years ago.  Probably 2000ish, give or take a year or two.

I remember there were parking attendants who'd drive around little cars handing out garbage bags to tailgaters.  And it actually worked.  The lot wasn't a disaster after the game.

My own anecdotal observation is that MetLife lots seem to have gotten at least a little better.  I personally have a very small footprint tailgate.  It's usually just me and 1 other person so a small grill, couple chairs and a table.  Usually wind up with 1 garbage bag of beer cans/bottles and food stuff we just walk over and drop in a dumpster while walking in.  Technically we should be recycling but not sure if the Jets even try to encourage that (do they?).

One other point on the "you asked, we listened" part of this.  It is interesting how tiny of a portion of the lots are no tailgate.  I am thinking it was a very vocal minority asking for this.

I personally like having this option and think it's a good thing.  I come late to some games these days and would love this option.  I'm curious if it will be easy to get in/out of there at like 11:45am or even later.  Will you try to head that way but be directed otherwise by some idiot?  That is probably my biggest pet peeve of all....when those useless parking people who don't enforce the 1 car per spot or any other rule seemingly randomly decide to find their inner voices and assert themselves by forcing you to go somewhere you don't want to go.  Wonder how that will work.

All that said, I got Green parking again for this year and will prob stick with E....

That's a decent walk. To be honest, i just don't see that much of a mess in the Green E lot that we are in, certainly not enough to put up with walking across the stadium to avoid. Just my opinion though.

That's a decent walk. To be honest, i just don't see that much of a mess in the Green E lot that we are in, certainly not enough to put up with walking across the stadium to avoid. Just my opinion though.

The first year (2010) we tailgated by Izod (that was the closest orange at the time before they changed the rules about the parking after yet again another failed policy) and had to walk through that concrete tunnel to get to the stadium because you cant cross the highway. it is not a direct route so in actuality you have to walk like 2 miles to get somewhere that's only 3/4 of a mile away. Metlife stadium, a model of efficiency :)

quick question: since the new "non-tailgate lot' is just one corner of lot G, do people who want to use it have to upgrade to the Green Parking?  (G is a Green Pass only lot)

It's the wealthy that don't want to be associated with the burping farting tailgaters, so this makes a lot of sense.  They're going to need a lot more space in future seasons, though. 

I may fund an in-game car prep business, would call it "Detail Joe".

SAR I

I was laughing at SAR when he said he was lobbying for a tailgate free parking lot but I guess the guy really tried.

I've been emailing the Jets ticket office and putting up comments in those gameday surveys for years, nice to see they finally listened.  I think this is a nice start and in future years we'll see this expand to a significantly larger space, perhaps a zone in each lot so its easier for all to navigate to.

And then it'll spread to other teams.  And then it'll spread to other sports.  And then, just like cigarettes, tailgating will be banned in public spaces world-wide and our cars and our children will be safe.  I will be remembered as the Abraham Lincoln of arena sports.  Statues.  Postage stamps.

SAR I

Sure have missed out on all those home playoff games since we gave up our tickets.

If you treat your customers like criminals, expect they will behave accordingly.

And good luck with that.

Not sure what this is all about, but Jets fans are happy.  We have a new stadium that, while not perfect for some, is 200% better than the dump it replaced, and every fan got to choose the seats they wanted based on what they can afford.  There are season tickets as low as $50 per game, prices that haven't been seen since 1990, all on the waitlist were taken care of, the parking is better, there is mass transit that is better, no one can complain.

And before this turns into a PSL argument, remember that the Jets haven't raised ticket prices since 2008 and the average $10 per ticket vig that holders are paying for the PSL's has more than been absorbed by this.  The Jets were fair, the fans are pleased, no one was mistreated.

SAR I

It's the wealthy that don't want to be associated with the burping farting tailgaters, so this makes a lot of sense.  They're going to need a lot more space in future seasons, though. 

SAR I

That would be a great idea for those spending an entire Sunday afternoon at the game they could have their car completely detailed while in the game. 

I would consider using the service if the price was right. 

It's the wealthy that don't want to be associated with the burping farting tailgaters, so this makes a lot of sense. They're going to need a lot more space in future seasons, though.

SAR I

I remember you going to the tick tock diner after a night of hookers before Jets games. Hardly sounds like something a prestigious season ticket holder like yourself would be doing the night before the game.

Archived