MetLife Parking changes

Dcat

That would be a great idea for those spending an entire Sunday afternoon at the game they could have their car completely detailed while in the game. 

I would consider using the service if the price was right. 

Cool!

Just thinking out loud, would you be interested in tailoring services?  Shoe shining?  Flatware polishing?  There are many luxurious amenities that can be added to the Detail Joe business model.

SAR I

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember you going to the tick tock diner after a night of hookers before Jets games. Hardly sounds like something a prestigious season ticket holder like yourself would be doing the night before the game.

Tick Tock Diner definitely, the prostitute stuff was an internet fabrication.

And back then, I only barely cleared six-figures.  Times change.  Standards change.

SAR I

I've been emailing the Jets ticket office and putting up comments in those gameday surveys for years, nice to see they finally listened.  I think this is a nice start and in future years we'll see this expand to a significantly larger space, perhaps a zone in each lot so its easier for all to navigate to.

And then it'll spread to other teams.  And then it'll spread to other sports.  And then, just like cigarettes, tailgating will be banned in public spaces world-wide and our cars and our children will be safe.  I will be remembered as the Abraham Lincoln of arena sports.  Statues.  Postage stamps.

SAR I

SAR...can you focus your next campaign on finally getting us a real QB? Please? Pretty Please? :winking0001:

SAR...can you focus your next campaign on finally getting us a real QB? Please? Pretty Please? :winking0001:

No you don't, Section 314!  

Last time he campaigned for a new QB, he pushed hard to get Leinert.  

Cool!

Just thinking out loud, would you be interested in tailoring services?  Shoe shining?  Flatware polishing?  There are many luxurious amenities that can be added to the Detail Joe business model.

SAR I

No the car detail service is all I'm interested in thanks anyway. Maybe expand it to oil change service,dent removal, quick and easy stuff that make money. 

This really is a tiny, tiny issue, at least for now. Look how small the tailgate free zones are.  I think it's like 5% of the Green Lots.  0% of Yellow and 0% of Orange Lots.

Again, not knocking this at all and I'd use them on occasion if convenient for the games I don't tailgate.  But unless I'm missing the point (a distinct possibility), the Jets' response here seems to specify and quantify who asked - like 5% of Green parking pass holders.

http://prod.static.jets.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/stadium/2015-Parking-Site-Map-lots.pdf?cm_mid=4723159&cm_crmid=f48237e7-93df-dd11-81a6-0003fffa4cb7&cm_medium=email

This really is a tiny, tiny issue, at least for now. Look how small the tailgate free zones are.  I think it's like 5% of the Green Lots.  0% of Yellow and 0% of Orange Lots.

Again, not knocking this at all and I'd use them on occasion if convenient for the games I don't tailgate.  But unless I'm missing the point (a distinct possibility), the Jets' response here seems to specify and quantify who asked - like 5% of Green parking pass holders.

http://prod.static.jets.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/stadium/2015-Parking-Site-Map-lots.pdf?cm_mid=4723159&cm_crmid=f48237e7-93df-dd11-81a6-0003fffa4cb7&cm_medium=email

(and yes, I understand it's probably not 100% exclusively green folks who asked, and I bet yellows and oranges can reply to the Jets note and say they want to park there.  Just thinking the size and location of the tailgate free zones means approx 5% of greens and approx 0% of yellow and approx 0% of orange asked for it)

Yes  a very small portion seems to be set aside for this- the Jets probably want to test it out some to see how efficient it is. good that they will give some people that option

I've been emailing the Jets ticket office and putting up comments in those gameday surveys for years, nice to see they finally listened.  I think this is a nice start and in future years we'll see this expand to a significantly larger space, perhaps a zone in each lot so its easier for all to navigate to.

And then it'll spread to other teams.  And then it'll spread to other sports.  And then, just like cigarettes, tailgating will be banned in public spaces world-wide and our cars and our children will be safe.  I will be remembered as the Abraham Lincoln of arena sports.  Statues.  Postage stamps.

SAR I

You forgot your picture on the $5 bill.

That's a decent walk. To be honest, i just don't see that much of a mess in the Green E lot that we are in, certainly not enough to put up with walking across the stadium to avoid. Just my opinion though.

I didn't check the map when dcat first posted this. I mixed up lots G and J in my head. A lot of the time I will park in J and walk over to your tailgate. But I just looked at where these non tailgating lots are....yeah I am not parking over there. Definitely in the back of the lot. :)

It's the wealthy that don't want to be associated with the burping farting tailgaters, so this makes a lot of sense.  They're going to need a lot more space in future seasons, though. 

I may fund an in-game car prep business, would call it "Detail Joe".

SAR I

Not gonna lie, this one made me laugh.  

Cool!

SAR I

Just curious, how will you advertise? Billboards?

DetailJoe_zpswfxh27hz.jpg

SAR I

I washed my car today. Cleaned out the inside as well. It is only a few months old so I didn't need to do a full detailing or wax.

But I will keep your business card handy and maybe I will give you a call before one of the preseason games in August. :)

I washed my car today. Cleaned out the inside as well. It is only a few months old so I didn't need to do a full detailing or wax.

But I will keep your business card handy and maybe I will give you a call before one of the preseason games in August. :)

Thanks!

I despise the subset of irresponsible tailgaters, but the partically-digested food and trash they leave in the lots bring the seagulls and the seagulls bring the crap and the sun bakes the crap and it's the baked-on crap that needs the quality removal that only a seasoned detailer can provide.

And I'm also thinking that Detail Joe can not only provide car cleaning service during the game but also catering before the game.  It's the circle of life.

SAR I

Just out of curiosity. What was your salary in 1998 when you were a young enthusiastic aspiring Jets fan poster on aol?

Low six figures.  And that was in NH with a cost of living expense that was about half of what it is down here in NYC metro.

I'm in if you serve Schlitz and meatball heros.

Detail Joe aims to please.  Consider it done.

SAR I

Low six figures.  And that was in NH with a cost of living expense that was about half of what it is down here in NYC metro.

SAR I

SAR

So now you probably make much more than low six figures. In that case, why are you still driving a 4 series and why are still on end zone mezzanine?

If I made (or anybody sane) who made as much as you, I would have Coaches Club seats or worst case Chase or Lexus Club seats. You somehow don't make a lot of sense.   

SAR

So now you probably make much more than low six figures. In that case, why are you still driving a 4 series and why are still on end zone mezzanine?

If I made (or anybody sane) who made as much as you, I would have Coaches Club seats or worst case Chase or Lexus Club seats. You somehow don't make a lot of sense.   

LOL this is a good point.  This guy is a phony prick.

SAR

Coaches club or bust.

Coaches club or bust.

For a guy who complains a lot about tailgaters, he can chose Coaches Club and Park at the VIP section. That way his kids wouldn't have to deal with burpers like me. He once claimed he was driving from New England for around 5-6 games when he lived in New England. For such a dedicated Jets fan who makes a lot of money, buying Coaches Club PSL's shouldn't be a problem. Not my place to judge his car as well but my wife is driving a better car than him and she is just a high school math teacher who makes only 65K/year. 

Detail Joe aims to please.  Consider it done.

SAR I

In case you didn't catch the subtlety, SAR is reminding us all that he makes a lot of money.

Thanks!

I despise the subset of irresponsible tailgaters, but the partically-digested food and trash they leave in the lots bring the seagulls and the seagulls bring the crap and the sun bakes the crap and it's the baked-on crap that needs the quality removal that only a seasoned detailer can provide.

And I'm also thinking that Detail Joe can not only provide car cleaning service during the game but also catering before the game.  It's the circle of life.

SAR I

In case you didn't catch the subtlety, SAR is reminding us all that he's more "high class" than most of us.

For a guy who complains a lot about tailgaters, he can chose Coaches Club and Park at the VIP section. That way his kids wouldn't have to deal with burpers like me. He once claimed he was driving from New England for around 5-6 games when he lived in New England. For such a dedicated Jets fan who makes a lot of money, buying Coaches Club PSL's shouldn't be a problem. Not my place to judge his car as well but my wife is driving a better car than him and she is just a high school math teacher who makes only 65K/year.

Lol I never really got the fancy car thing. The last time I bought a new truck was 2004 and I always said that if I paid anymore than 21k I'd have to live in it

One Big Thing SAR is right about-the fact that many tailgaters don't pick up after themselves. We always packed garbage bags and did police the area. But sadly that's not only a Jets game thing but a major problem everywhere. Littering and breaking glass bottles seems like par for the course. Public parks, beaches, stadiums, subway hubs, schools, all look like nobody was ever taught to clean up themselves. 

SAR

The 4 Series is all the car I need for now, I don't think spending $125K on a car makes sense and, frankly, there aren't cars out there at that price range that excite me.

I'm attending Jets games to watch the game and get away from distracting people, distracting food spreads, and distracting HDTV's.  Club Seats are completely not for me.

SAR I

LOL this is a good point.  This guy is a phony prick.

Having two houses, two annual international vacations, early retirement, and putting 4 kids through Ivy League schools is more than enough financial spend for me to compensate for cars and football seats that don't meet your standards of status symbology.

SAR I

One Big Thing SAR is right about-the fact that many tailgaters don't pick up after themselves. We always packed garbage bags and did police the area. But sadly that's not only a Jets game thing but a major problem everywhere. Littering and breaking glass bottles seems like par for the course. Public parks, beaches, stadiums, subway hubs, schools, all look like nobody was ever taught to clean up themselves.

Littering is vile. Those who do it are subhuman.

Archived