MetLife Parking changes

Dcat

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For a guy who complains a lot about tailgaters, he can chose Coaches Club and Park at the VIP section. That way his kids wouldn't have to deal with burpers like me. He once claimed he was driving from New England for around 5-6 games when he lived in New England. For such a dedicated Jets fan who makes a lot of money, buying Coaches Club PSL's shouldn't be a problem. Not my place to judge his car as well but my wife is driving a better car than him and she is just a high school math teacher who makes only 65K/year. 

Do you own two homes worth over $2.5M?

Do you have 4 kids to put through college at your own expense to the tune of $1.0M?

Do you take 2 vacations per year at a cost of around $22,000?

Do you have $0 in debt other than your mortgages?

Different priorities than a math teacher living in a townhouse with debt up to her ears and no kids.  If she wants to drop more than $60,000 on a car that's her business.  For me, I don't need something better.  I like my car, I like my 30 minute commute to Manhattan, I like my kids having no debt upon graduation, I like my trips to Europe and the Islands, and I like never having to worry about debt, ever.  I sleep well at night with a brand new BMW and without Coaches Club seats, thank you.

SAR I

Littering is vile. Those who do it are subhuman.

Back on topic, that's the reason for the tailgate-free lot for the most part.  People who take up two spots, force everyone else to listen to their cursing, make others listen to their bad 80s hairband music, and piss on cars are the same entitled and rude people who leave their BBQ coals and chicken bones in the roadways for the seagulls to eat and my children to step on.

While most tailgaters take up one spot, watch their language, play modern music, keep their bladders in check, and clean up after themselves, too many don't and that's the issue.

SAR I

I wonder if in non tailgate spot, u can still pack coolers of food etc and just not do a grill or table setups? Eat in car or lawn chairs?

If you only take up one parking space, and you are discrete, I don't see why not.

Back on topic, that's the reason for the tailgate-free lot for the most part. People who take up two spots, force everyone else to listen to their cursing, make others listen to their bad 80s hairband music, and piss on cars are the same entitled and rude people who leave their BBQ coals and chicken bones in the roadways for the seagulls to eat and my children to step on.

While most tailgaters take up one spot, watch their language, play modern music, keep their bladders in check, and clean up after themselves, too many don't and that's the issue.

SAR I

I don't care if some booze hounds want to cordon off a few spots in the deep hinterlands of the parking lot to drink green peppermint schnapps and piss on each other, but seeing those dirtbags who get there at 7 am to tie up 8 spots close to the gates with lawn chairs and coolers like its picnic time in the Ozarks makes me sick. If I were Woody, I'd have the fire department on call to blast them with a fire hose.

Yes and yes!

I was posting as Jetcane Redux for a while, though. I never really left (except b/t 2011-2012 ).

Can you believe it's going to be 8 years since that Jets/Giants game and that great tailgate? Pretty soon were all gonna be senior Florida Jet lol

I don't care if some booze hounds want to cordon off a few spots in the deep hinterlands of the parking lot to drink green peppermint schnapps and piss on each other, but seeing those dirtbags who get there at 7 am to tie up 8 spots close to the gates with lawn chairs and coolers like its picnic time in the Ozarks makes me sick. If I were Woody, I'd have the fire department on call to blast them with a fire hose.

Next time you go to a jets game you can complain

Can you believe it's going to be 8 years since that Jets/Giants game and that great tailgate? Pretty soon were all gonna be senior Florida Jet lol

You also moving to Florida Siggy?

I remember last picture I took of you at Dolphins game

old_Jewish_man_.jpg

I wonder if in non tailgate spot, u can still pack coolers of food etc and just not do a grill or table setups? Eat in car or lawn chairs?

I would think no- they would want people just to park there and not hang out

8 years? Holy crap. Where does the time go...

Every summer I lament the Jets leaving Hofstra. What year was that?

The 4 Series is all the car I need for now, I don't think spending $125K on a car makes sense and, frankly, there aren't cars out there at that price range that excite me.

I'm attending Jets games to watch the game and get away from distracting people, distracting food spreads, and distracting HDTV's.  Club Seats are completely not for me.

SAR I

only peasants sit in non club seats just sayin(this comment is soley directed at Sar)

u can visit me in coaches club but I suspect security wont let you near us-thank god we dont need the riff raff posers imposing on our food and drink

Do you have 4 kids to put through college at your own expense to the tune of $1.0M?

Different priorities than a math teacher living in a townhouse with debt up to her ears and no kids.  If she wants to drop more than $60,000 on a car that's her business.  For me, I don't need something better.  I like my car, I like my 30 minute commute to Manhattan, I like my kids having no debt upon graduation, I like my trips to Europe and the Islands, and I like never having to worry about debt, ever.  I sleep well at night with a brand new BMW and without Coaches Club seats, thank you.

SAR I

Without question, this one gets my vote for the posting hall of fame.

No.

No food shall be eaten, no footballs shall be thrown, no music shall be played.  The non-tailgate zone is so small I'll be policing it and reporting offenders myself.

SAR I

only peasants sit in non club seats just sayin(this comment is soley directed at Sar)

u can visit me in coaches club but I suspect security wont let you near us-thank god we dont need the riff raff posers imposing on our food and drink

firstrow_zpsdb840990.jpg

jetrai_zpsa821ee88.jpg

I have the best non-Club seats in the house, Mezzanine Row 1, the guys sitting two seats over the wall pay 2x the price for the same view and a carpeted cafeteria, no thanks.

SAR I

firstrow_zpsdb840990.jpg

jetrai_zpsa821ee88.jpg

I have the best non-Club seats in the house, Mezzanine Row 1, the guys sitting two seats over the wall pay 2x the price for the same view and a carpeted cafeteria, no thanks.

SAR I

peasant seats -I guess if u dont mind not being able to see half of the field they are great-surprised a baller like you would worry about price when u only have to buy ten games-

One Big Thing SAR is right about-the fact that many tailgaters don't pick up after themselves. We always packed garbage bags and did police the area. But sadly that's not only a Jets game thing but a major problem everywhere. Littering and breaking glass bottles seems like par for the course. Public parks, beaches, stadiums, subway hubs, schools, all look like nobody was ever taught to clean up themselves. 

They need top adopt the "Trash in Trash out" policy like Great Fall National park outside DC has.  No garbage cans no dumpsters.  You bring it in, you bring it out.  If the little dude in the golf cart and the flashy orange vest catches you?  You get ticketed on the spot.  Place is sparkiling clean very time I have gone.  Works fine.  

Different priorities than a math teacher living in a townhouse with debt up to her ears and no kids. If she wants to drop more than $60,000 on a car that's her business. For me, I don't need something better. I like my car, I like my 30 minute commute to Manhattan, I like my kids having no debt upon graduation, I like my trips to Europe and the Islands, and I like never having to worry about debt, ever. I sleep well at night with a brand new BMW and without Coaches Club seats, thank you.

SAR I

You're doing it wrong.

SAR I

SAR

Thanks for the answer. Life is all about priorities. I get it. You want to spend your money on more important stuff. BUT, you can't have it both ways. 

If you are spending 22K a year for vacations and spending only 6K or so for Jets, I won't believe you when you say you are so dedicated, you drove all the way from NH as a season ticket holder with your kids.

You are either not that dedicated to Jets or you are not that rich. You can't have it both ways. 

Also about my wife's car. Again, life is all about priorities right? She is driving a 70K car in Mercedes GL. She is spending roughly 20% of her monthly salary on her car. Not because she loves fancy cars, but because she values the safety of our 2 little kids and spends the money on something she prioritizes. Yet she only has 3-4 pairs of shoes and she doesn't do meni pedi or whatever bullsh*t that is. She puts 1000 towards kids college fund and I put 2000 a month towards kids' college fund. 

That said, you don't sound geniune somehow. Not saying you are lying or anything but brother, you don't make any sense. Skip one of the trips and dedicate 11K towards Club seats where you can enjoy the game much better. At least that is what I would do if I were as rich as you are. 

By the way you still didn't bring even 1 valid argument against Club seats. 

SAR I

773949.jpg

Lot K is still the best for me.  It's never full, even though they changed it from Yellow to Orange and we are out onto Rte 3 West in under 2 minutes, perhaps 3.  

When it rains we park in J (sometimes in F or G since the attendants almost never check the color of your pass in inclement weather).  

I just looked at the map (click on link in the 1st post in this thread) and Scott might have a melt down because the non-tailgate area is teeny, teeny, tiny and it is near the Pepsi gate, not the Verizon Gate.    By the time he gets from his  endzone seats on the opposite side to that lot by the Pepsi endzone seats, the traffic jam would be obscene.  He's better off staying in lots E or D.

It's probably all of one spot - with SAR monogrammed on it. "YOu asked we listened" no doubt

They need top adopt the "Trash in Trash out" policy like Great Fall National park outside DC has.  No garbage cans no dumpsters.  You bring it in, you bring it out.  If the little dude in the golf cart and the flashy orange vest catches you?  You get ticketed on the spot.  Place is sparkiling clean very time I have gone.  Works fine.  

i had you as more of a Jellystone guy

Simple solution to messy after game parking lot situation - Jets merely need to get all Game of Thrones on anyone leaving trash all about after their tailgates.  Shame, shame, shame.  Some fans spit and throw food.  Others expose themselves.  Bloody feet.  Problem solved.  Shame, shame, shame.

1434381404_cersai-lannister-article.jpg

peasant seats -I guess if u dont mind not being able to see half of the field they are great-surprised a baller like you would worry about price when u only have to buy ten games-

I like the elevation of the Mezzanine and I have no need for the Club.  I have the best seats in the house from that perspective.

I love my seats.  Be happy for me.

SAR I

Lol I never really got the fancy car thing. The last time I bought a new truck was 2004 and I always said that if I paid anymore than 21k I'd have to live in it

Who are you Joe Carlson?

Having two houses, two annual international vacations, early retirement, and putting 4 kids through Ivy League schools is more than enough financial spend for me to compensate for cars and football seats that don't meet your standards of status symbology.

SAR I

How old are your kids? They all got into Ivy League schools already?

Do you really sit in the coaches club? I got tickets in there for a few games last season. Wow. It is insane in there, lol.

SAR

Thanks for the answer. Life is all about priorities. I get it. You want to spend your money on more important stuff. BUT, you can't have it both ways.

You are either not that dedicated to Jets or you are not that rich. You can't have it both ways. 

That said, you don't sound geniune somehow. Not saying you are lying or anything but brother, you don't make any sense. Skip one of the trips and dedicate 11K towards Club seats where you can enjoy the game much better. At least that is what I would do if I were as rich as you are. 

By the way you still didn't bring even 1 valid argument against Club seats. 

I am dedicated enough to the Jets to have watched every game live or on TV since 1980 including disrupting two honeymoon's.  I was on the season ticket holder waiting list for 13 years, buying tickets on the aftermarket in the prehistoric pre-eBay era when brokers in the back of Newsday was the only way.  For 14 years I lived in NH, raised 4 kids as diehard Jets fans in Patriots country, and drove 10 hours round trip to an average of 4-5 games a year, that's about 70 trips of 10 hours, sleeping in hotels, abandoning my family, imagine doing that drive 5 consecutive trips after brutal Jets losses.  If we're comparing "dedication" that's fine, show me another fan that's done something similar for so long a span and from so great a distance.

There is nothing that says a person of X wealth needs to spend Y on the Jets.  We spend what we want to spend.  If you want to make it solely about money, all-in since 1996 I guarantee you I have spent more than most any other season ticket holder in GS or MLS on tickets, concessions, fuel, tolls, hotels, you name it.  But it's really all about the time, and there I've got everyone trumped, trust me.

SAR I

Archived