Eagles release G Evan Mathis

AFJF

Exactly...unconventional doesn't even begin to describe what he's doing.  He's taking multiple huge risks at one time and acting like he's confused as to why people view the moves as high risk.  I've been saying since last offseason that he'll go down as a genius, or an idiot...not much middle ground.

Reminds me of my first year in a fantasy baseball league.  Drafted all of my favorite players, focusing primarily on Yanks.  Couldn't comprehend at the time why my fellow  league members were smirking and rolling their eyes.  I got it by second year, though. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And then he'll either get a TV job or go back to coaching a high-profile division one college program.  But I agree that his decision making seems bizarre to the outside observer.

Seems bizarre to some inside observers too. McCoy, Trent Cole, Boykin and Cary Williams all took shots at him.

Hopefully the Raiders look at adding Evan Mathis. He would really upgrade their offense line , and let them play very fast on offense. ( going to play a lot of no huddle) Lt Donald Penn Lg Evan Mathis C Rodney Hudson Rg gabe Jackson Rt m Watson/ Austin Howard .

also give Jon Feliciano and the other young guards time , where you don't have to play them till they are ready,

Bro....nobody cares. This is a Jets forum. I repeat... a JETS forum.

Why would Chip Kelly cut a 2 time Pro Bowl guard? Strange.

Why would he cut a WR who made their offense what it was the year before?

Why would he trade for an injury prone QB with a $13 mil price tag and then dismantle the O-line?

Why would he pay Riley Cooper a ton of coin to do virtually nothing in that offense?

Why would he give big money to a RB coming off of a season in which he had 400 touches to put him behind a clearly inferior offensive line?

Really anxious to see how all this plays out though...if they win, he becomes a legend instantly. 

I'd love to see us cut Colon & Winters and sign this guy.

Mac says he's always looking to upgrade every position. This would be one of those upgrades.

Going from Willie "false start" Colon to Mathis with Carpenter at the other guard would really help this offense.

Cros deal is basically a 1 year deal, a lot of cap space again next year with the way Mac structured these contracts.

I don't see Cro here more than this year, especially if McDougle shines.

Why would he cut a WR who made their offense what it was the year before?

Why would he trade for an injury prone QB with a $13 mil price tag and then dismantle the O-line?

Why would he pay Riley Cooper a ton of coin to do virtually nothing in that offense?

Why would he give big money to a RB coming off of a season in which he had 400 touches to put him behind a clearly inferior offensive line?

Really anxious to see how all this plays out though...if they win, he becomes a legend instantly.

I'm hoping they suck because we play them week 3 and it would be nice to get a win there. If I recall correctly the Jets have never beaten the Eagles. It'll be nice to get our first W against them.

Isn't there a Raider forum for these sorts of questions?

We are discussing Evan Mathis right.( free agent - 31 teams could possible be interested in) There are going to be a lot suitors for Evan Mathis , and you have to like the teams with the most cash left to spend. We're discussing where he might end up right? So you have to look at teams that have the cash, ( Raiders 20 million to Jets 5 million) and the need to pursue Mathis. Don't see how this is just a Jet discussion.

We are discussing Evan Mathis right.( free agent - 31 teams could possible be interested in) There are going to be a lot suitors for Evan Mathis , and you have to like the teams with the most cash left to spend. We're discussing where he might end up right? So you have to look at teams that have the cash, ( Raiders 20 million to Jets 5 million) and the need to pursue Mathis. Don't see how this is just a Jet discussion.

It would be an excellent signing for the Raiders if it happens and I will be sure to draft Latavius Murray onto my fantasy team.  Now go away.

It would be an excellent signing for the Raiders if it happens and I will be sure to draft Latavius Murray onto my fantasy team.  Now go away.

He also stated that he'd like to play on a winner.... that leaves Jets/Raiders off the list at this time.

Indy still has money and with their schedule and Division, will walk into the playoffs hosting the AFC Championship game.

He also stated that he'd like to play on a winner.... that leaves Jets/Raiders off the list at this time.

Indy still has money and with their schedule and Division, will walk into the playoffs hosting the AFC Championship game.

They all say that want to play for a winner. Offer him more $ watch him change his mind

They all say that want to play for a winner. Offer him more $ watch him change his mind

You can have it both ways.... If an Indy really wanted him, they could match or be close to what Oakland would have to pay to gt him to play in that hole of a stadium.

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to sign him if his price has lowered.  However, I think he's just waiting for inevitable injuries to occur so some team can overpay for him.  That way, he can avoid parts of some camp, and hold the team hostage in negotiations.  

• 1 month later...

@MMehtaNYDN: Free-agent guard Evan Mathis might be coming to an AFC East team near you.

It seems as far as Twitter is concerned the decision is between us or the Dolphins

but we lost geno, why bother spending any more money on a losing season... 

@MMehtaNYDN: Free-agent guard Evan Mathis might be coming to an AFC East team near you.

It seems as far as Twitter is concerned the decision is between us or the Dolphins

No state tax and great winters hmmm not that hard of a choice I'm already here..

would be a major upgrade if it happens..  probably clears up a roster spot or three as well. No need to hold onto 6 back up guards if your starters are solid

EDIT: I'm getting the feeling this is just Manish trolling Jets fans. His tweet seems to be piggybacking off of an earlier tweet from Rand Getlin that just says that Mathis is close to signing with a team...without specifying with whom

Archived