Andrew Luck on being the Jets QB .....beep that man.

joewilly12

The New York Post is relating this Page Six unattributed anecdote about Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck hanging out in New York City recently with pal Jonathan Martin:

Indianapolis Colts star Andrew Luck may like hanging out in New York — but don't expect the elite quarterback to ever play here. Spies spotted Luck hanging out recently at Montauk's Surf Lodge with his NFL pal Jonathan Martin — who made headlines in 2013 when he accused his Miami Dolphins teammates of bullying.

The duo were "drinking Heinekens" and "shooting the breeze about football" with a die-hard Jets fan at the bar, we're told. When the Gang Green backer told Luck, "I wish you were the quarterback of the Jets," Luck leaned in and whispered, "[bleep] that, man."

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was he supposed to say?

He said it as if we are the Jags. His team is sh*t without him. Jets are at least average without him. He can shove that AFC Finals drubbing up his stats padding ass.

The New York Post is relating this Page Six unattributed anecdote about Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck hanging out in New York City recently with pal Jonathan Martin:

Indianapolis Colts star Andrew Luck may like hanging out in New York — but don't expect the elite quarterback to ever play here. Spies spotted Luck hanging out recently at Montauk's Surf Lodge with his NFL pal Jonathan Martin — who made headlines in 2013 when he accused his Miami Dolphins teammates of bullying.

The duo were "drinking Heinekens" and "shooting the breeze about football" with a die-hard Jets fan at the bar, we're told. When the Gang Green backer told Luck, "I wish you were the quarterback of the Jets," Luck leaned in and whispered, "[bleep] that, man."

Honestly who could blame him for saying that. The Taxes he would have to pay playing in New Jersey( salary he makes), Is a very big reason why you wouldn't why to play there if you were Luck. Not like he said The Jets suck .

if he can't take the heat, we don't want 'em

what has he done so far, anyway ?

Nothing close to what some no-name 3rd rounder has done out in Seattle. Yet, even some Jets fans hang on to this dude as if he's the best QB to come out of college since Tom Brady. 

Dude plays against Tennessee and Jacksonville twice a year along with playing Houston twice, a team that outside of JJ Watt the past 2 years are not very good as well. Luck is pretty much guaranteed 5 wins a year just based on his division. And though he does do very well in the reg. season, his postseason stats are nothing to blush over...throwing more INTs than TD's every year he's been in the playoffs. Though he has virtually no defense, he's in arguably the softest division and his TD/INT ratio in the post season cant be blamed on the Colts defense. 

Dude disrespects this team as if we're on the same level of competition that he has in that sh*tty ass division. Dude is overrated. 

What an a$$hole man. I like humble players. Players who would respond to that with "Colts are the only team I want to play for, they are my team" instead of a shot at us. Dude looks like a Fruit cake anyway.

Luck is the man. He makes the Amish All Star team every year.

luckcivilwar.jpg

all kidding aside, the media is reporting this stuff now ?

"unattributed anecdote" "we're told"

somebody should call page 6 and make up an "unattributed anecdote" about shady brady and a goat

That's a really good point , even if he said it it's a non story to me , the fact that he may or may not have said it to a surfer at a bar is laughable

Nothing close to what some no-name 3rd rounder has done out in Seattle. Yet, even some Jets fans hang on to this dude as if he's the best QB to come out of college since Tom Brady.

Dude plays against Tennessee and Jacksonville twice a year along with playing Houston twice, a team that outside of JJ Watt the past 2 years are not very good as well. Luck is pretty much guaranteed 5 wins a year just based on his division. And though he does do very well in the reg. season, his postseason stats are nothing to blush over...throwing more INTs than TD's every year he's been in the playoffs. Though he has virtually no defense, he's in arguably the softest division and his TD/INT ratio in the post season cant be blamed on the Colts defense.

Dude disrespects this team as if we're on the same level of competition that he has in that sh*tty ass division. Dude is overrated.

If the Colts called Seattle and offered Luck for Wilson, the Seahawks would offer to throw in the Space Needle to get that deal done.

If you guys were a god QB prospect, you'd want no part of this franchise, either. Christ. Look at the history. Look at the owner.

they lost to the jets in the SB, won only 1 with manning despite winning 12 games every year for a decade, and

irsay

c'mon dude, even I can't summon up the energy to hat the jets that much

That's a really good point , even if he said it it's a non story to me , the fact that he may or may not have said it to a surfer at a bar is laughable

what's next, he farted and is a bad tipper ?

page 6

not the place for sports news, lol

If the Colts called Seattle and offered Luck for Wilson, the Seahawks would offer to throw in the Space Needle to get that deal done.

Thats based on what many fans would do, and I cant sit here an say that its wrong. Luck is a beast, but he's over hyped. Russell Wilson is a better overall QB than Luck. Luck is the better passer no question, but Wilson is the better athlete, better decision maker and a more dangerous run threat. And for what its worth, Wilson doesnt turn the ball over which keeps that freakish defense fresh. 

If I had to build a team right now and I had my pickings at any QB, salary being irrelevant, my pick would be Russell Wilson. Why? Because he's a guy who is more than good enough in the reg. season, but gets better when its "win or go home". Dont let that Packers NFCCG fool you. 

Put Luck on this team right now, and we've got an instant top 3 team in the league.

Better than the Colts, the Pats, and just about everyone except maybe the Packers and Broncos on paper. So, I can totally understand why he'd say this. 

That being said, he's just being loyal to his squad. Good for him. He's awesome. 

He said it as if we are the Jags. His team is sh*t without him. Jets are at least average without him. He can shove that AFC Finals drubbing up his stats padding ass.

Yeah, but I can picture him saying the same thing about New England or Seattle. We kicked his ass his rookie year (or maybe 2nd). Maybe he's still a little salty.

But I didn't expect him or expect anyone to say: "I would love to play in NY for the Jets" if they're still part of another team.

Archived