Luck or Brady - who do you want to beat more next year?

FSU_Jet

My backing is that I've watched this team for close to 30 years now and they average a good season of QB play once every ten years or so. 

They haven't developed a single QB in my lifetime.

So your theory is that there is something about the Jets that caused the bad QB play, not that the QBs who failed just flat out sucked?

OB played better with Walton as HC and Kotite as his OC than he had a right to play.  Vinny had a sh*tty career other than one season and flourished here.  Why would any athlete not want to star in NY where he would become bigger than anywhere else?  Can imagine how big Luck would be today if he played for the Jets?

That said I could care less what Luck said goofing around.  Brady is the guy you have to root against more than any other player in the NFL

As much as I would like to dump on the Colts for tanking, I don't think they had to make any special effort (or non-effort) to go 2-14. Manning was single-handedly able to mask the NFL's least talented roster. Once he was lost for the year, no amount of in-game strategy or sideline theatrics from Caldwell (and, granted, he provided none of either) was going to keep that putrid supporting cast from plummeting to the league's worst record.

Agree, that team without any talent and without Manning to bail them out had no chance week in and week out

Shocking question barely worth a response. Let's see...

Temper tantrum throwing, don't you dare make contact with me, crybaby, cheating QB of archrival with a schmuck head coach that exemplify everything wrong with pro sports.

OR

Had to follow Peyton Manning and does it with remarkable poise, tough as nails, pats opponents on the back and says "good hit," leads a crappy supporting cast to 11 win seasons without a smug attitude, QB of a team for which the Jets no longer have even a mild rivalry.

Tough choice....

Nope. This question was definitely not worthy of a response. Just ridiculous.

So your theory is that there is something about the Jets that caused the bad QB play, not that the QBs who failed just flat out sucked?

OB played better with Walton as HC and Kotite as his OC than he had a right to play.  Vinny had a sh*tty career other than one season and flourished here.  Why would any athlete not want to star in NY where he would become bigger than anywhere else?  Can imagine how big Luck would be today if he played for the Jets?

That said I could care less what Luck said goofing around.  Brady is the guy you have to root against more than any other player in the NFL

Let me put it this way, I couldn't possibly care less about an NFL player who is under contract who comes out and says he wouldn't want to play for the Jets.  In this particular case, it so happens it's  a player who plays a position that the Jets have failed to develop in multiple decades.

Brady vs. Luck is a no brainer.

For the record, Vinny was a pro bowl QB before coming here.

Let me put it this way, I couldn't possibly care less about an NFL player who is under contract who comes out and says he wouldn't want to play for the Jets.  In this particular case, it so happens it's  a player who plays a position that the Jets have failed to develop in multiple decades.

Brady vs. Luck is a no brainer.

For the record, Vinny was a pro bowl QB before coming here.

I said Vinny had one season

Chad was pretty good until his body fell apart and was developed here,

I said Vinny had one season

Chad was pretty good until his body fell apart and was developed here,

Gotcha... the way it was worded made me think you were saying he had his one good year here...my bad.

Either way, as I'd said earlier in the thread...the Jets average a good year of QB play about once a decade.  It doesn't hurt my feelings when a young franchise QB under contract elsewhere doesn't want to come to the Jets.  Moot point either way...he'll never see free agency while he's any good.

Gotcha... the way it was worded made me think you were saying he had his one good year here...my bad.

Either way, as I'd said earlier in the thread...the Jets average a good year of QB play about once a decade.  It doesn't hurt my feelings when a young franchise QB under contract elsewhere doesn't want to come to the Jets.  Moot point either way...he'll never see free agency while he's any good.

Actually my read is this, what was Luck supposed to say, I hope I get to leave Indy and come to the big apple? Or I Love NY? I don't even know if he said it. The story read that a fan was talking to Luck and it was reported.....

Actually my read is this, what was Luck supposed to say, I hope I get to leave Indy and come to the big apple? Or I Love NY? I don't even know if he said it. The story read that a fan was talking to Luck and it was reported.....

Agreed...not even sure why I opened this thread to begin with in all honesty.  Luck said nothing wrong, it's always Brady, Jets QB's have been terrible.

You for asking such a stupid ******* question.

And, do you actually believe this stupid story that he said that? And, if he did, so what!? Any player loyal to his team would say the same thing regardless of what team he was being asked about.

And, do you actually believe this stupid story that he said that? And, if he did, so what!? Any player loyal to his team would say the same thing regardless of what team he was being asked about.

I could careless if he said it or not. He doesn't play for the jets so it's irrelevant.

I could careless if he said it or not. He doesn't play for the jets so it's irrelevant.

Hey Mick, F*CK YOU.

The only thing you got going for you is that you're an FSU fan, so I give you respect for that. Otherwise, get off my thread, you scumbag piece of sh*t.

Apparently posters like you don't mind when other players/fans bash the Jets.

Hey Mick, F*CK YOU.

The only thing you got going for you is that you're an FSU fan, so I give you respect for that. Otherwise, get off my thread, you scumbag piece of sh*t.

Apparently posters like you don't mind when other players/fans bash the Jets.

You're not gonna last very long here with posts like this.

Your thread concept was pretty ridiculous, and it received the kinda replies that were fully expected. If you're gonna start threads like this, you need to be prepared for the feedback onslaught.

Well for that to happen this season Rodgers will have to be traded which is obviously highly unlikely or it would have to be the Jets vs Packers in the superbowl also highly unlikely but more probable than the first one.

That was the point.

Given Brady being Brady, and Luck saying "**** that" to playing for the Jets, which one do you want to beat more next season?

Are you serious? Luck is just another guy in the league whereas Brady has made Jets and Jets fans lives miserable for decades and you ask that question? 

So wait, it's a dumb opinion that the Colts are an awful franchise?  To have the top pick each of the 3 times the most elite of all elite QB prospects were available (Elway, Manning, Luck), you have to be a very sh*tty and also insanely lucky franchise.  The Colts were so bad, Elway refused to play for them. 

If the Jets had managed to land Peyton Manning the year before the Colts did, does anyone here think we wouldn't have won 2-3 Super Bowls with him?

So wait, it's a dumb opinion that the Colts are an awful franchise? To have the top pick each of the 3 times the most elite of all elite QB prospects were available (Elway, Manning, Luck), you have to be a very sh*tty and also insanely lucky franchise. The Colts were so bad, Elway refused to play for them.

If the Jets had managed to land Peyton Manning the year before the Colts did, does anyone here think we wouldn't have won 2-3 Super Bowls with him?

Don't forget Bert Jones -- he would likely have been an all-time great if not for injuries.

Archived