Kyle Wilson losing spot to CFL corner

Jet in PA

Ryan had Wilson for FIVE years and NEVER demoted him from being the nickel CB.  It took 

his brother all of three months

He played well when Revis went down. Jets had I think the 2nd best pass D that year with Revis playing just a handful of games.

Kyle Wilson is the worst hardest-working, high-character football player I've ever seen. If he was a drug-addict or a wife-beater or just lazy, his horribleness could almost be forgiven. But he's just an awful football player that practices/trains the way NFL'ers are supposed to.

More on point is look at the 2010 draft.  MANY terrific players were available but we take a kid from Boise State.

A HEAD scratcher. Followed by VLAD.

Rex and Tanny together were a disaster in the draft.

Followed by REX and Idzik.

Agreed. That was seriously unreal watching that draft. My Dolphin fan buddy laughed in my face when we picked Vlad.

I had hope for Wilson, but boy did he disappoint.  One of the bigger first rd disappointments for us……wait…he's actually right in that Jets 1rd pocket. 

In your guys' opinion, what made Kyle Wilson such a bad player?

I never thought Wilson was a bad player. he had good coverage skills, but really lacked in awareness,imo. just never lived up to the 1st round pic status. if he was a 3rd or 4rd pick, he wouldn't garner as much hate

What? That ENTIRE DRAFT WAS AWFUL! It's one of the reasons I gave Idszhit a pass last years FA period b/c I thought he recognized that the 2014 FA were the dregs NOT-RESIGNED from that draft.

2010 was a HORRIBLE TALENT CLASS and no team did exceptionally well that year. It's made al, the more obvious by the greatness of the 2011 draft and the FA that were available this past spring.

Notable players from the 2010 draft class:

Suh, Gerald McCoy, Trent Williams, eric berry, joe Haden, Russell okung, earl thomas, jpp, iupati, maukrice pouncey,

Kareem Jackson, demaryius Jackson, dez bryant, devin mcourty, tj ward, gronk, and Sean lee.

Class was loaded

Notable players from the 2010 draft class:

Suh, Gerald McCoy, Trent Williams, eric berry, joe Haden, Russell okung, earl thomas, jpp, iupati, maukrice pouncey,

Kareem Jackson, demaryius Jackson, dez bryant, devin mcourty, tj ward, gronk, and Sean lee.

Class was loaded

My bad jimmy graham was in that class too

I just cant believe that...Kyle Wilson was so good for us, how could any team bench him for another player...To be honest though I was surprised any team picked the kid up. I did always wonder if he would be a better fit for a team that played a lot of zone coverage.

lol was it actually stated that's the reason they drafted Wilson? I actually thought it was a mix of BPA and need. Wilson was highly regarded in college and he was a good value pick for the kind of defense Rex was trying to run at the time.

Is that what Tony Pauline said? Guy knows everything

Imagine if we drafted corners every time Revis threatened to hold out?

We'd have 37 DBs on our roster.

Rex's scheme (and future job prospects) depend on CBs and fielding a top defense every year. I almost believe Rex would rather have a non-playoff team with the #1 rated defense than a playoff year with a mediocre defense.

More on point is look at the 2010 draft.  MANY terrific players were available but we take a kid from Boise State.

Keyword here Rex. Rex is a disaster. Have fun Bills lol

• 2 months later...

HIndisight: 20/20

Round 1 (29): CB Kyle Wilson

Wilson was one of the top cornerback prospects in the 2010 draft. Cleveland said it was a “coin-toss” between Joe Haden and Kyle Wilson at pick No. 7. Wilson was incredible value late in the first round, and will be able to contribute immediately as a nickle back in the Jets’ defense. Grade: A

HIndisight: 20/20

Round 1 (29): CB Kyle Wilson

Wilson was one of the top cornerback prospects in the 2010 draft. Cleveland said it was a “coin-toss” between Joe Haden and Kyle Wilson at pick No. 7. Wilson was incredible value late in the first round, and will be able to contribute immediately as a nickle back in the Jets’ defense. Grade: A

and Vlad was given great "potential" comments as well.    40 years of shilty drafts...

Archived