Worst sequel..... ever!

Klecko73isGod

I'm going with Major League II. Movie made no sense. In one offseason the team is sold to it's third baseman? Ricky Vaughn is suddenly wearing suits and has an ex-girlfriend who works with troubled youth that we never saw in the first movie? Willie Mays Hayes suddenly looks like Omar Epps? The Indians have a hayseed catcher who is actually named "Rube?" Oh, did the guy who played the Japanese outfielder use Jerry Lewis as his inspiration? 

Did the writer of this movie even see the first movie?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I've ever seen it, but I still do not understand how anybody contemplated a sequel to Weekend at Bernie's.  I guess there was a whole lot of cocaine floating around back then. Probably the same way somebody greenlit a sequel to a movie based on Sharon Stone forgetting her undies. 

Whenever I come across it, I think the top contender should be another film I haven't seen: Son of the Mask.  That is only because I always think it is a sequel to Mask with Eric Stoltz and Cher and not The Mask with Jim Carrey and Cameron Diaz.

I don't think I've ever seen it, but I still do not understand how anybody contemplated a sequel to Weekend at Bernie's.  I guess there was a whole lot of cocaine floating around back then. Probably the same way somebody greenlit a sequel to a movie based on Sharon Stone forgetting her undies. 

Whenever I come across it, I think the top contender should be another film I haven't seen: Son of the Mask.  That is only because I always think it is a sequel to Mask with Eric Stoltz and Cher and not The Mask with Jim Carrey and Cameron Diaz.

Great nominations.

Major League II was god awful.  Klakco is spot on there.

My list:

Caddyshack II

Dumb and Dumber II (the recent one where you get to witness Jim Carrey commit career suicide)

Blue Brothers 2000 (honestly might be the worst movie ever made)

Teen Wolf Too

Highlander II

The Fly II

Speed II (you know you liked the first one)

Fletch Lives

Carrie 2

The Crow 2

Honey I Blew up the Kids

Stayin' Alive FTMFW

Another one where the screenwriter (in this case, Sylvester Stallone) clearly either didn't see the original or didn't understand the original. 

Good call.

Staying on the Travolta tip, well kinda, Grease 2 was something awful. 

Any sequel to a Nicolas Cage movie.

I haven't seen it but was anyone clamoring for a Ghost Rider 2 (NOT Electric Boogaloo?)

I can't imagine that movie is in any way watchable.

Do you remember, Short Circuit 2?

No?

Me either. 

Any sequel to a Nicolas Cage movie.

I haven't seen it but was anyone clamoring for a Ghost Rider 2 (NOT Electric Boogaloo?)

I can't imagine that movie is in any way watchable.

Haha!  The female lead in Ghost Rider 2, is Violante Placido.  Her mother is Apollonia in the Godfather. I think she is mostly a singer over there, but she is in that Transporter TV series.

Great nominations.

Major League II was god awful. Klakco is spot on there.

My list:

Caddyshack II

Dumb and Dumber II (the recent one where you get to witness Jim Carrey commit career suicide)

Blue Brothers 2000 (honestly might be the worst movie ever made)

Teen Wolf Too

Highlander II

The Fly II

Speed II (you know you liked the first one)

Fletch Lives

Carrie 2

The Crow 2

Honey I Blew up the Kids

As bad as Caddyshack 2 was it had a couple funny gags. Anyone know why HBO has that movie on 20 hours per day in the 90's?

Apparently there is a sequel to King Kong in the 80's that was so bad the tape doesn't even exist anymore.

As bad as Caddyshack 2 was it had a couple funny gags. Anyone know why HBO has that movie on 20 hours per day in the 90's?

Apparently there is a sequel to King Kong in the 80's that was so bad the tape doesn't even exist anymore.

Randy Quaid saved the movie but it was still very difficult to sit through.

Are you talking about the one with the Twin Towers and Jessica Lange?  I remember everybody panned it and my Dad kept saying I don't know what they are all talking about.  That woman is a good actress. 

Randy Quaid saved the movie but it was still very difficult to sit through.

I disagree. I also wasn't a big fan of Randy Quaid being randomly added as one of the bleacher bums in Major League II.

Unless its a Vacation movie, Randy Quaid is the guy you go to when you can't get an actual funny person.

Or Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. That one is an abomination as well. 

indiana_jones_and_the_kingdom_of_the_cry

This.

To me, there are many bad sequels and installments, but a sequel that mars everything that Indiana Jones was to me as a kid with Shia Lebouf and a movie this ******* bad, is about as big an offender as there could be.

I'm going to throw Anchorman 2 on the bonfire, as well, especially if we're talking strictly sequels = 2nd movie.

This.

To me, there are many bad sequels and installments, but a sequel that mars everything that Indiana Jones was to me as a kid with Shia Lebouf and a movie this ******* bad, is about as big an offender as there could be.

I'm going to throw Anchorman 2 on the bonfire, as well, especially if we're talking strictly sequels = 2nd movie.

That Indy movie was sooooo bad.  If we're going beyond the 2nd installment, then yes...this is right up there with Godfather III.

I think if Anchorman never existed and Anchorman 2 was just a movie by itself, people would have liked it because it wasnt a terrible movie.  It actually was set up nicely and had some funny ass scenes right out the gates...they just started recycling too much from the first movie and it just started to slip away.

That Indy movie was sooooo bad.  If we're going beyond the 2nd installment, then yes...this is right up there with Godfather III.

I think if Anchorman never existed and Anchorman 2 was just a movie by itself, people would have liked it because it wasnt a terrible movie.  It actually was set up nicely and had some funny ass scenes right out the gates...they just started recycling too much from the first movie and it just started to slip away.

I don't agree with any of your assessment on Anchorman 2. It was pathetic.

Archived