Worst sequel..... ever!

Klecko73isGod

Any sequel to a Nicolas Cage movie.

I haven't seen it but was anyone clamoring for a Ghost Rider 2 (NOT Electric Boogaloo?)

I can't imagine that movie is in any way watchable.

Ghost Rider 2 is actually much better than the first one.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. That one is an abomination as well. 

indiana_jones_and_the_kingdom_of_the_cry

That was another Lucas-meddling abortion that Harrison Ford actually had the balls to criticize audiences for not liking. The story has it that Spielberg had a great script in hand, but Lucas insisted on incorporating aliens, so the whole process went to sh*t.

I would have said Grown Ups 2 if i had seen it.

Problem is i was on a long flight across the pond and still could not bring myself to watch the first Grown Ups movie after 10 minutes of watching it.  That they greenlighted a sequel after the first train wreck is in itself a sad commentary of lack of ideas in movie land.

-Jaws 2, Jaws 3-D, Jaws 4: The Revenge 

-Rocky II, Rocky III, Rocky IV, Rocky V, Rocky Balboa.

-Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps

-Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

-Speed 2: Cruise Control

-Son of the Mask

-The Hangover Part II, The Hangover Part III

-Grease 2

-Home Alone 3

I would have said Grown Ups 2 if i had seen it.

Problem is i was on a long flight across the pond and still could not bring myself to watch the first Grown Ups movie after 10 minutes of watching it.  That they greenlighted a sequel after the first train wreck is in itself a sad commentary of lack of ideas in movie land.

Grown Ups was bad, but the "friends that grew up together and do the lake thing" was close to home for me, so I endure it and even enjoy it in some odd way... especially the hot chicks scenes. However, you are right to nominate the 2nd movie, it was all sorts of catastrophic diarrhea that climbs up your back.

-Jaws 2

-Son of the Mask

-The Hangover Part II, Part III

-Grease 2

-Home Alone 3

Almost a perfect list.

Superman IV Quest for Peace was an abomination that almost tarnished 2 of my favorite movies as a child in Superman I and II. 

For those of you that missed it the highlights were superman re-directing a nuclear bomb into the sun, Nuclear Man almost defeating Superman by burying him in the surface of the Moon, and Superman digging himself out of the moon and then proceeding to alter it's orbit thereby neutralizing Nuclear Mans powers.

Jaws IV was an insult to cinematic history.  I'm not clear if this was the original Jaws' great grandson but he hated the Brodys.  So much so that he followed Michael Caines cessna from MA to the Bahamas to try and eat Mario Van Peebles and the Brodys.  I was only a kid when I saw this but the end was so absurd I started belly laughing...  in the last scene Jaws the forth was getting electrocuted and started... roaring.

enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4RnS8iegb0

I'm going with Major League II. Movie made no sense. In one offseason the team is sold to it's third baseman? Ricky Vaughn is suddenly wearing suits and has an ex-girlfriend who works with troubled youth that we never saw in the first movie? Willie Mays Hayes suddenly looks like Omar Epps? The Indians have a hayseed catcher who is actually named "Rube?" Oh, did the guy who played the Japanese outfielder use Jerry Lewis as his inspiration? 

Did the writer of this movie even see the first movie?

Im assuming you haven't seen the awesomeness of Major League 3 with Quantum Leap and Jefferson D'Arcy?

Great nominations.

Major League II was god awful.  Klakco is spot on there.

My list:

Caddyshack II

Dumb and Dumber II (the recent one where you get to witness Jim Carrey commit career suicide)

Blue Brothers 2000 (honestly might be the worst movie ever made)

Teen Wolf Too

Highlander II

The Fly II

Speed II (you know you liked the first one)

Fletch Lives

Carrie 2

The Crow 2

Honey I Blew up the Kids

Great nominations.

Major League II was god awful.  Klakco is spot on there.

My list:

Caddyshack II

Dumb and Dumber II (the recent one where you get to witness Jim Carrey commit career suicide)

Blue Brothers 2000 (honestly might be the worst movie ever made)

Teen Wolf Too

Highlander II

The Fly II

Speed II (you know you liked the first one)

Fletch Lives

Carrie 2

The Crow 2

Honey I Blew up the Kids

Caddyshack II was so f__ing terrible. 

Some more:

-American Psycho II: All American Girl

-Basic Instinct 2: Risk Addiction

-A Christmas Story 2

-Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay

-The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day

-Austin Powers in Goldmember

-Van Wilder 2: The Rise of Taj

-Leprechaun: Back 2 tha Hood

-Look Who's Talking Now

-Jaws 2, Jaws 3-D, Jaws 4: The Revenge 

-Son of the Mask

-The Hangover Part II, The Hangover Part III

-Grease 2

-Home Alone 3

I love Jaws 2. 

Are you talking about the one with the Twin Towers and Jessica Lange? I remember everybody panned it and my Dad kept saying I don't know what they are all talking about. That woman is a good actress.

Maybe. It's called King Kong lives they wouldn't give Siskel and Ebert clips of it to put on their 10 worst list

So last night I get home from work and what is playing on MGM HD? - BREAKIN' AND BREAKIN' 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO - and I dance around my living room shouting "OHMIGODOHMIGODOHMIGODOHMIGODOHMIGODOHMIGOD!!!"

Once I compose myself I watch them both because you're not going to not watch both Breakin' and Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo if they are both on back to back. 

I learned three great things about these movies that I never knew before with which I will now enrich all of your lives:

1. Plucky "street people" doing break dancing can save the world. It's truly amazing and heart warming and I suggest you all try it some time. By the end of Electric Boogaloo I was texting JiF that we should find some time to break dance for a good cause. 

2. Golan/Globus, the producers of the cinematic masterpiece that is Breakin', were so confident it would be successful that they teased the sequel prior to the end credits of the movie. This was not a little "James Bond will return" small print teaser, either. It was a full screen card that read, in large print: COMING SOON: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: THE DANCE CRAZE OF TOMORROW, and was mentioned by Ice T in his movie closing rap.

3. Not only is Ice T in both movies, but in the closing credits of Breakin', he is identified as "Rap Talker." This is the greatest and whitest thing I have ever seen in my life! As in "my favorite rap talker is Ice T because he seems more authentic than the other rap talkers."

You're welcome. 

Rocky III > Rocky II

I can't believe you guys keep ganging up on Caddyshack II without mentioning Meatballs II.

The first 3 Rocky movies are great. I don't give a **** what the listicles that you guys copy/paste these movies from say.

Agreed on Meatballs 2.

Maybe. It's called King Kong lives they wouldn't give Siskel and Ebert clips of it to put on their 10 worst list

Oh, no, that is a different one.  That is the one where King Kong survived the fall and got an artificial (baboon?) heart.  I was going to say, because bad as it may have been, the Jessica Lange version seemed considerably better than that drek with Jack Black. 

Archived