Bills giving tryout to Wayne Hunter LMFAO

joewilly12

Bills head coach Rex Ryan is right now the toast of western New York, because he says Rex Ryan things, because it's June, and because the glow of his swaggering presence hasn't yet had a chance to subside.

But, come on, get a load of this nugget of news from out of Buffalo on Wednesday:

Wayne Hunter! Remember Wayne Hunter, Jets fans? He spent four seasons as a right tackle for the Jets, starting all 16 games in 2011, when he once took flaky wideout Santonio Holmes to task in the huddle, in addition to doing things like this.

Wayne Hunter hasn't played in the NFL since 2012. That Ryan would give him a tryout now speaks to Ryan's loyalty to those who have played and worked for him. But it also speaks to Ryan's rather noticeable insistence on transforming the Bills into a replica of the Jets teams he coached from 2009 to 2014.

Think about it: Ryan brought 10 assistant coaches from last year's Jets staff with him to Buffalo. The Bills have three ex-Jets from last year—Percy Harvin, John Conner, and Matt Simms—on their offseason roster. Their defense is stacked. And they have quarterback/offensive issues that ring out with a hauntingly familiar refrain. 

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember when it was endlessly being harped on, that it was a no-brainer to re-sign this guy to $6M+/year instead of "losing" him to Oakland.

Now 2 years later he's got a mere tryout, with no contract beforehand, for a Bills team that badly needs OL help. Even they won't offer him any deal before running him through the motions him in person.

Idzik may have sucked, but this was one of those moves (in the form of a non-move) that he got right.

I remember when it was endlessly being harped on, that it was a no-brainer to re-sign this guy to $6M+/year instead of "losing" him to Oakland.

Now 2 years later he's got a mere tryout, with no contract beforehand, for a Bills team that badly needs OL help. Even they won't offer him any deal before running him through the motions him in person.

Idzik may have sucked, but this was one of those moves (in the form of a non-move) that he got right.

I believe you're thinking of Austin Howard

OLINE help???? Typical REX team. No QB, need OLINE etc..... Rinse and repeat. If we didn't have Brick and Mangold when he got here, we would be no where.

yeah he is lol and no we should have never let him go the guy is good and was good against the rush, kept Mario on his a$$ for a while, all Mario could do was cry ("this guy puts his hands on my face") loved it

Ummm perhaps this is proof  positive along with Connor's that Rex had more input into DUMB Jet personal moves than has been admitted to by some defending him, (at times), like me!!

Hunter!!!! 

Did anyone link to the video sack and hit Sanchez took on the play featured in that link above???

NO QB is going to play well when a line men is giving up plays like that!!

Ummm perhaps this is proof  positive along with Connor's that Rex had more input into DUMB Jet personal moves than has been admitted to by some defending him, (at times), like me!!

Hunter!!!! 

Did anyone link to the video sack and hit Sanchez took on the play featured in that link above???

He sucked with the Seahawks and Jaguars but Mangini and Tanny still  brought him to the Jets in 2008..

He sucked with the Seahawks and Jaguars but Mangini and Tanny still  brought him to the Jets in 2008..

Your right!!

In truth I don't blame Rex as much he was not the GM!!  Rex was not the GM!!!

And any GM like Tanny who says "the coach made me do it" should immediately be FIRED (see Connor pick). 

In Idzik's case instead of firing Rex which he could have done he decided to undermine him IMO, which was worse than Tanny!

At least Tanny was trying to do his best.  Only a MORON (see Idzik) would have thought that the talent last year on either side of the ball was enough to field a competitive team. That clown said we had more than enough talent to win and that alone told me had to go!!

you are even more confused about the right tackle position than you were last year.

He is.....and we should of resigned him instead of saving some money and signing Breno instead, but that's just another bad move by Idzik and it's in the past.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I always thought Hunter got too much hate. Sanchez, just like Geno, made his o-line look worse than it was due to his inability to read defenses and make adjustments pre-snap.

Ya that sanchez shouldn't have help onto the ball so long

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLpimht0tUM

If that was Manning or Brady up there, they would have immediately known what was coming and gotten rid of the ball in two seconds.

Von Miller is an elite pass rusher. Him going one-on-one with ANY OL (not just Hunter) spells major trouble. A QB has to recognize that matchup and act accordingly once the ball is snapped.

If that was Manning or Brady up there, they would have immediately known what was coming and gotten rid of the ball in two seconds.

Von Miller is an elite pass rusher. Him going one-on-one with ANY OL (not just Hunter) spells major trouble. A QB has to recognize that matchup and act accordingly once the ball is snapped.

trouble yes but hunter didn't slow his momentum AT ALL. getting beat is one thing, getting beat as if you are not there is another. Sanchez had the ball less than two seconds, barely finished his drop back. any QB in the league gets sacked there.

Terrible player , but I will always appreciate the fact that Hunter and Shotty ( yes Shotty ) stood up to Holmes in Miami when fearless Rex was cowering in the corner pretending to not know Holmes quit on the field .

LOL Yes I was. 

Still was a good non-signing. He sucks.

Howard I think we traded to St Louis for that other bust.

Rex = white Herm right down to the criminal neglect of the Oline, despite inheriting a good one

Hunter!!!! 

I have no idea what's behind bringing him in, but it's only a tryout not a contract. It may just be that Hunter will serve as a veteran backup, if he's signed at all. It's a marginal player he's familiar with.

Hunter was fine for us in spot-duty (actually quite adequate in late 2011). Where he was a failure was inserting him as a full-on replacement for Woody, though I don't know how much that release and non-resigning was muddied by the CBA expiration. You'd have to ask Tannenbaum about that.

Rex = white Herm right down to the criminal neglect of the Oline, despite inheriting a good one

I don't think he was nearly as bad as Herm.

The next offensive player who credits Herm Edwards with ever having come up with a great gameplan (even if only on one side of the ball) will be the first. 

I have no idea what's behind bringing him in, but it's only a tryout not a contract. It may just be that Hunter will serve as a veteran backup, if he's signed at all. It's a marginal player he's familiar with.

Hunter was fine for us in spot-duty (actually quite adequate in late 2011). Where he was a failure was inserting him as a full-on replacement for Woody, though I don't know how much that release and non-resigning was muddied by the CBA expiration. You'd have to ask Tannenbaum about that.

If you ate nothing but mashed potatoes for 10 days, and held it in as long as you can, when you finally couldn't take anymore and took a dump, Wayne Hunter would come out.

I don't think he was nearly as bad as Herm.

The next offensive player who credits Herm Edwards with ever having come up with a great gameplan (even if only on one side of the ball) will be the first. 

Different degrees of the same problem but yes Herm worse. At least Rex could scheme one side of the ball.

Remember Pete Kendall? lol

Archived