No Gun Charge For Goodson: Looks To Return To NFL

kelticwizard

So, here is the deal:

1. JetsFanInDenver you were just banned 30 days for this post. Totally unacceptable.

2. I deleted all the other crap that went on in this thread. To everyone involved, all of that stuff is totally unacceptable as well.

3. Everyone here has a few choices:

• Get along with each other
  • Use the ignore feature if you can't get along
  • Find yourself being asked to leave. And by being asked to leave, we aren't actually going to ask

This thread is now open. Minus the personal attacks.

Good job.

...but they didn't go after any RB's in the UDFA period.  They traded a 7th for Zac Stacy who is very far from the kind of back most of us were expecting.  Most people wanted a 3rd down receiving back - a Bruce Harper/Megget type.  A poor man's Reggie Bush.  I was hoping for a tweener WR/RB like Harvin or Austin.  That is what I thought Hunt might (Yes, I know he is small, wouldn't be able to get off a jam when split and goes down too easy.  That's why he was an UDFA) be able to do.

Maybe the coaching staff has plans for Daryl Richardson?

Maybe the coaching staff has plans for Daryl Richardson?

Eh.  Then the Stacy trade seems curious.  They signed Powell back, signed Ridley and traded for Stacy.  They don't seem to value speed as much as we expected.  Somebody posted an article about the type of backs they want for the spread, but I can't find it.  The gist was basically that it wasn't going to be what we expected, but I never had a chance to read it.

Eh.  Then the Stacy trade seems curious.  They signed Powell back, signed Ridley and traded for Stacy.  They don't seem to value speed as much as we expected.  Somebody posted an article about the type of backs they want for the spread, but I can't find it.  The gist was basically that it wasn't going to be what we expected, but I never had a chance to read it.

Not necessarily.  Adding another back who can help us doesn't preclude another from having a role.  Stacy was an opportunistic trade 2 days after the Rams drafted Gurley, and Ridley is still recovering from both ACL and MCL tears.  There's no known timeline right now on when we'll have his services.  Before the Stacy trade it's very possible our plans at RB included a three-headed attack with Ivory, Powell and Richardson. 

I could easily see us carrying 4 RB's while we wait for Ridley.

Not only speed but hands.  None of our backs are really known for their receiving skills.  Powell I guess is the closest but he's never shown consistent pass catching ability.  If anything his value seems more to be picking up blitzes as a blocker than working out in the flat vs. linebackers as a receiver.

it's like we never replaced Leon Washington. The closest thing we had to a fast back/catch out of the backfield type since then was Tomlinson, who was just a shell of his former shell. Goodson was supposed to be that guy....

McKnight seemed drafted to do that.  He seemed like a weird character.  Funny thing with him is that he finally got some run when Charles went down in KC last year.  He had two TDs in week 3 and had a huge day catching the ball.  Then he tore his Achilles in practice.  I'm not sure if he is under contract or will even be back in the league. 

McKnight seemed drafted to do that.  He seemed like a weird character.  Funny thing with him is that he finally got some run when Charles went down in KC last year.  He had two TDs in week 3 and had a huge day catching the ball.  Then he tore his Achilles in practice.  I'm not sure if he is under contract or will even be back in the league. 

Reminds me of the guy who bid $60 on McKnight that week in our fantasy league

it's like we never replaced Leon Washington. The closest thing we had to a fast back/catch out of the backfield type since then was Tomlinson, who was just a shell of his former shell. Goodson was supposed to be that guy....

coulda had a woodhead

It is strange stockpiling RB's that are so close to being the same.  My bet is Powell is the odd man out, he is the only one that has never put up a seasons worth of good numbers.  Of course, he is the only one that has not been the main back for an entire year also.

BTW, putting JFID on ignore was one of the best things I have done.  Makes the board so much more readible.

So, here is the deal:

1. JetsFanInDenver you were just banned 30 days for this post. Totally unacceptable.

2. I deleted all the other crap that went on in this thread. To everyone involved, all of that stuff is totally unacceptable as well.

3. Everyone here has a few choices:

• Get along with each other
  • Use the ignore feature if you can't get along
  • Find yourself being asked to leave. And by being asked to leave, we aren't actually going to ask

This thread is now open. Minus the personal attacks.

I HAVE ZERO WARNING POINTS!

Man, there's a lot of posters here who don't care what anybody thinks. Pretty awesome

I don't understand why people always feel the need to tell people that they don't care what they think...I mean why bother?

I just came on to see if anyone wanted to bet against Goodson ending up in Buffalo.

I care what you all think. That's the way I roll.

I don't understand why people always feel the need to tell people that they don't care what they think...I mean why bother?

I just came on to see if anyone wanted to bet against Goodson ending up in Buffalo.

I care what you all think. That's the way I roll.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not here to make friends, brochacho

Archived