What's the deal with Rex bringing back ex-Jets?

FSU_Jet

So bizarre that Denver completely shut down Martin that day.

Not that bizarre.  Martin was our greatest RB in our franchise's history, but he was no gamebreaker against top competition.  In his career in the playoffs he rushed for 795 yards (4.4 ypc), 8 TD's and had 3 fumbles, with one game where he eclipsed 50 yards receiving (Jacksonville, '98).  He had one great game for New England against Pittsburgh in '96 and that terrible game against Denver.  The rest were about average to a little above average performances.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The difference is most Jet fans change into children and constantly whine about Rex I don't.. I acknowledge Rex wasn't a complete HC and should have been gone with Tanny.. He must learn to be a complete HC caring about the Offense and Defense equally or the Bills will be his last HC job.. But don't let me stop you from your daily Rex sucks rants..LOL  :rolleyes:

I'm down to once a week. Still attending 12 step REX programs.

It's commonplace for coaches to bring some guys in that know his system and methods.  I can't blame Rex for that.  "His guys" will know what kind of snacks to put out, hand out flyers with directions to Dave and Busters, set up movie Fridays each week with motivational hits such as Dumber and Dumberer....  You can't just bestow these responsibilities on new guys in the locker room, you need veteran presence to get it right. 

Yes any coach likes to work with familiar people- that is the same as the business world- that doe s not make those people competent.

If you bring good people, yes. This and the coaching staff is comparable to bringing in terrible employees to a new company lol I don't know of anybody in the business world who would do that without realizing the problems that will arise from it.

The difference is most Jet fans change into children and constantly whine about Rex I don't.. I acknowledge Rex wasn't a complete HC and should have been gone with Tanny.. He must learn to be a complete HC caring about the Offense and Defense equally or the Bills will be his last HC job.. But don't let me stop you from your daily Rex sucks rants..LOL :rolleyes:

Rex sucks.

And if we had a decent running game in 1998 like Denver had we may have won the Bowl..LOL

Yeah but if miami had tarped that field in 82 we would have won the Super Bowl. The hogs would have never run like that against the Jets d.

The difference is most Jet fans change into children and constantly whine about Rex I don't.. I acknowledge Rex wasn't a complete HC and should have been gone with Tanny.. He must learn to be a complete HC caring about the Offense and Defense equally or the Bills will be his last HC job.. But don't let me stop you from your daily Rex sucks rants..LOL  :rolleyes:

Funny thing in for every one whine about Rex, like flies to honey there will be two of his defenders into the threat to immediately defend him.

If a head coach is not a complete head coach then he does in fact suck.

Just what have you seen from Rex to indicate that he will care about the offense and defense equally?  After all his time here he didn't, he has started off being the same ole Rex in Buffalo right down to his yes men assistants. 

He sucks and has always sucked as a head football coach.  The 'Head' party being the most important.

Between Harvin, Mulligan, Hunter, Conner and so forth, all Rex is doing is bringing back former Jet players from years past. Does he really believe these guys will help Buffalo win, or is it just a matter of irrational loyalty? It would be one thing if they were any good and just happened to be readily available, but they were all bad players in NY. What's the deal?

He needs to have a group of "his guys" to take over the locker room and be his BFF's. That is who Rex Ryan is. He is an insecure buffoon who comes on like he has confidence galore, but you KNOW that he is insecure in his knowledge of offense and his overall ability to handle the duties of a HC. So he keeps the guys that "like him" the most and ignores the rest. When Kyle Wilson is cut in New Orleans watch for him to join the gang in Buffalo. Notice I didn't say if Wilson was cut, but when.

The greatest Jets coach ever. Back to back afc championship game losses, no other jets coach has ever done that. Only Andy Reid has lost more.

So I guess you'll be moving on to Buffalo eh? Rex as the BEST HC IN JETS HISTORY is sooooo freaking funny. From those AFCCG's to 4-12 in four short years. That is Rex's legacy and not much else.

So I guess you'll be moving on to Buffalo eh? Rex as the BEST HC IN JETS HISTORY is sooooo freaking funny. From those AFCCG's to 4-12 in four short years. That is Rex's legacy and not much else.

I think BP was being sarcastic.  Re-read the post.  No offense, btw.

Yes any coach likes to work with familiar people- that is the same as the business world- that doe s not make those people competent.

Exactly...why else would the Jets have dealt for Fitzpatrick?  Getting guys familiar with a system has been the MO of tons of coaches forever.

Actually Rex went from 8-8 to 4-12 both Edwards and Mangini went from 10-6 and the playoffs to 4-12 the next year..  

Actually Rex went from 8-8 to 4-12 both Edwards and Mangini went from 10-6 and the playoffs to 4-12 the next year..

Remember 1-15 laughing stock of NFL to afc championship game in two years? Oh wait he sucks and was stupid. That's right

Remember 1-15 laughing stock of NFL to afc championship game in two years? Oh wait he sucks and was stupid. That's right

I miss BP. He could dish out more shame and discipline with one look than Rex ever did in 6 seasons here.

120568.JPG

Considering how the tradition started, BP must've had the above look on his face after seeing the most embarrassing ever Gatorade bath in sports history at the end of the 2013 season:

The tradition began with the New York Giants football team in the mid-1980s. According to several sources, including Jim Burt of the Giants, it began on October 20, 1985, when the Giants beat the Washington Redskins 17-3, and Burt performed the action on Bill Parcells after being angry over the coach's treatment of him that week.[1] Burt insisted that Harry Carson dump the Gatorade on Parcells, because Carson was a favorite and wouldn't get in trouble.[2] However, former Chicago Bears defensive tackle Dan Hampton claims he invented the shower in 1984, when the Bears dunked Mike Ditka upon clinching the NFC Central.[2][3] The phenomenon gained national attention in the 1986 Giants season. Parcells was doused after 17 victories that season, culminating with Super Bowl XXI.

He did it with Vinny who made the Pro Bowl with the Ravens in 1996 it was a good pickup..In 2007 the Jets were 4-12 in 2009 Rex made the AFCCG with a rookie QB that sucked.. :animal0029:

Parcels did a great job but let's be honest a lot of that was Kotite was such a phemenonally horrible coach who underachieved badly with a decent roster.

He did it with Vinny who made the Pro Bowl with the Ravens in 1996 it was a good pickup..In 2007 the Jets were 4-12 in 2009 Rex made the AFCCG with a rookie QB that sucked.. :animal0029:

Vinny wasn't even the starter in 98 lol Foley was. But he was too fragile. Foley played a great game in the opener in sf. And they went 9-7 with that idiot odonnell

Parcels did a great job but let's be honest a lot of that was Kotite was such a phemenonally horrible coach who underachieved badly with a decent roster.

Dude the jets were so fat and out of shape under kotite. Hugh Douglas gained like 25 lbs during the bye week. Parcells was the only coach at that time that could have turned the franchise around.

Vinny wasn't even the starter in 98 lol Foley was. But he was too fragile. Foley played a great game in the opener in sf. And they went 9-7 with that idiot odonnell

Odonell made it to the Bowl in 1995 I guess Cowher got him to play better then Duane could.. :animal0029:

Odonell made it to the Bowl in 1995 I guess Cowher got him to play better then Duane could.. :animal0029:

How did he make out in that bowl? That one pick six he threw to 3 Cowboys. There were no steelers in the vicinity. Yeah, cowher knew how to coach that bum lol

Also the vaunted jets defense in 98 with Anthony pleasant rick Lyle Otis my man smith. They had no talent on defense but our coach sucked, yeah

How did he make out in that bowl? That one pick six he threw to 3 Cowboys. There were no steelers in the vicinity. Yeah, cowher knew how to coach that bum lol

Also the vaunted jets defense in 98 with Anthony pleasant rick Lyle Otis my man smith. They had no talent on defense but our coach sucked, yeah

You're correct.  Bill Belichick calls a hell of a defensive game.

Archived