Arod just went yard for hit # 3000

Matt39

This guy is somewhat notorious around baseball for catching homerun balls. I remember seeing him on Sports Center catching 2 balls in a game (packed stadium too)

Well he caught A-Rod's 3k hit homer.

zack_si_kids.jpg

He posted this yesterday:

https://twitter.com/zack_hample/status/611711011859623936

and now:

This guy is somewhat notorious around baseball for catching homerun balls. I remember seeing him on Sports Center catching 2 balls in a game (packed stadium too)

Well he caught A-Rod's 3k hit homer.

zack_si_kids.jpg

He posted this yesterday:

and now:

This freakin guy

Arod's post game interview on the ball went something like 4-5 years ago he would've wanted the ball and it would've meant a lot to him but today the memories of his teammates reactions and the respect by miggy at the end of the game(as well as winning the game) mean more to him.

I tip my cap to you Al.

Can't make this shit up. Of all the people in the stadium, it's this guy who gets the ball. Does controversy follow Alex around? 

How does this guy catch so many baseballs? He should be playing centerfield.

How does this guy catch so many baseballs? He should be playing centerfield.

There's diagrams and stats you can look up to see where hitters tend to hit foul balls and hr's.

Btw unrelated I knew a guy who went to high school with Jeffrey Maier the kid who caught the hr interference in the '96 playoff game he said he was a d-ck.

1. Michael Kay and the Yankees are despicable frauds. They both both spent the last year and a half acting like ARod killed a Steinbrenner baby, and now--because he's literally the only marketable Yankee--are sucking his knob. What an absolute POS organization.

2. That dude should hold onto that ball until ARod or Todd McFarlane comes and offers him $3 mil for it. The guy who handed the ball back to Jeter--who spent a mil on faucets for his St Pete mansion--should really have killed himself.

1. Michael Kay and the Yankees are despicable frauds. They both both spent the last year and a half acting like ARod killed a Steinbrenner baby, and now--because he's literally the only marketable Yankee--are sucking his knob. What an absolute POS organization.

2. That dude should hold onto that ball until ARod or Todd McFarlane comes and offers him $3 mil for it. The guy who handed the ball back to Jeter--who spent a mil on faucets for his St Pete mansion--should really have killed himself.

I thought that guy ended up getting a ton of stuff and complaining about having to pay taxes on all of it.  Drew is marketable?  He's the Cris Carter of baseball.  Only hits homeruns?

Brendan Ryan is pretty marketable too ya know.

Because there's just so many upstanding professional sporting organizations, run by choir-boys...

Archived