The desert(ed) island list thread

Larz

desert-island_zpsbmigwf0r.jpg

you know the drill.  you have to pick your favorite items to have for the rest of your life because you are stranded on a deserted island and won't have access to any other items.  lets keep it to 5

lets start with :  5  MOVIES

1) Star Wars episode V : The Empire Strikes Back.  I was 13 when when this came out, saw it opening day 1st show, and a total of 6 times that summer in the theaters.  Only movie where I cheered and booed characters as they come onscreen for the first time.  Pure escapism and fantasy

2) A Clockwork Orange.  A movie that examines our violent nature, and in the end finds a way to make alex sympathetic compared to the bureaucracy that made him and the politician that tries to exploit him.

3) Excalibur.  Amazing movie with no CGI or special effects that still manages to tell the story in a magical way.  The fighting scenes are very realistic and my first exposure to the opera music Oh, fortuna (Carmina Burana), something I have owned on CD and on every mp3 player, ipod and phone since.  One line from the movie " I did not know how empty was my soul until it was filled".  like whoa

4) Dead Poets Society.  Robin Williams basically plays the man I wish I had in my life when I was 15.  

5) King Kong vs Godzilla : This only represents my entire childhood.

Just movies:

Empire

Blade Runner

Seven Samurai

Caddyshack

All around 5 things:

Record player

Record collection

Fleshlight

Bacon

Book collection

2001 is probably on my top 10, and I def have to see 7 samurai

I will open other topics as we go :-)

Portable Satellite Wifi

Laptop/Netflix

Solar Power generator

Kate Upton

SurviorMan

lol, while you're busy using 3 of your items to troll/flirt with dudes on the interwebz, the survivorman convincing kate upton that the only way to stay hydrated and alive is to give him blowies

lol, while you're busy using 3 of your items to troll/flirt with dudes on the interwebz, the survivorman convincing kate upton that the only way to stay hydrated and alive is to give him blowies

I considered that, but he's a pussy 

Dodgeball. Godfather I + II. Napoleon Dynmaite. Stake town. Saturday Night Fever

ND!! Would never have guessed you licked that flick, one of my favorites

Ditto.

It's actually an endearing love story, wrapped in a horribly awkward package. My wife and I love it.

Ditto.

It's actually an endearing love story, wrapped in a horribly awkward package. My wife and I love it.

My family could watch it every day and laugh are faces off. I actually bought Baby Crusher a pair of pants when he was in 6 grade with a tater tot pocket(As we called it). LOL

Just movies:

Empire

Blade Runner

Seven Samurai

Caddyshack

All around 5 things:

Record player

Record collection

Fleshlight

Bacon

Book collection

How the fuk are you going to run the record player without electricity?  

Addition of Fleshlight was RLLOL. 

We're watching movies but can't find a way to hook up a turntable?

LOL!   You're right.   Okay, all you dopes.  How the hell do you operate the various machines?  

My Five to Survive:

Lifesaver Jerrycan water filter system (with replacement filters)

Solar oven/grill

Full size canvas tent

Fertilized chicken eggs

11" survival knife

Fun Five:

Licensed Replica Jenna Jameson Model Love Doll (Early Career)

Complete works of P.G. Wodehouse

Still (Gotta be able to find something to distill)

Complete works of Shakespeare

Jimmy Page's recorded music collection 

Archived