Does Revis get "Cheered" or "Bronx Cheer" coming out of Tunnel Game 1?

32EBoozer

Fan Reaction to Revis walking out of the Tunnel Game 1  

96 members have voted

1. 1. After "Holdouts", SB win with "Cheats and $17 mil salary... How do the fans react?

• Standing "O" and Cheer!
    • Bronx Cheer!
    • Mixed Bag

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's see....Steals Woody's money, which is technically ours if you think about it...has demands as if the machine can't just wait him out....usually dishonorably holds out despite what a PRIVELEGE it is to have his job, created by a legendary job creator of lore....Boo him until the cows come home. He is way too uppity and you worry that he is poisoning the young minds in the locker room.

cheered

I hate hold outs, gave him a lot of crap when he was here initially, but the bottom line is every player is 1 play away from their career being over, so if they have the hammer, I don't begrudge them using it

in a perfect world they all negotiate like mangold or brick, but this isn't a perfect world

He's one of the most talented players we've ever had on a Jets Roster. I'm glad he's back. I agree with the Larz post above. NFL players are one hit away from career over. I don't begrudge them doing everything they can to make the most they can as quickly as they can.

+1

The only player that I was disgusted to see in Green and White was Jason Taylor in 2010.

Tebow?

And Revis will be cheered big time. Looking forward to his first introduction running out of the tunnel.

He didn't want to leave. Wanted to come back but Idzik was too cheap. Sure he won with the Patsies, but he also just left em with a HUGE hole in the secondary. A hole even bad QBs can take advantage of. This is looking like a fun year.

Tebow?

And Revis will be cheered big time. Looking forward to his first introduction running out of the tunnel.

He didn't want to leave. Wanted to come back but Idzik was too cheap. Sure he won with the Patsies, but he also just left em with a HUGE hole in the secondary. A hole even bad QBs can take advantage of. This is looking like a fun year.

I hated the Tebow trade because he's simply not a good player. However seeing him in a Jet uniform didn't turn my stomach. Tebow was simply a bad decision by the front office.

Jason Taylor is a lifelong Dolphin, who enjoyed bashing our fanbase. He's one of the few players I truly hated. Seeing him in a Jet uniform that one season was unbearable.

I hated the Tebow trade because he's simply not a good player. However seeing him in a Jet uniform didn't turn my stomach. Tebow was simply a bad decision by the front office.

Jason Taylor is a lifelong Dolphin, who enjoyed bashing our fanbase. He's one of the few players I truly hated. Seeing him in a Jet uniform that one season was unbearable.

Fair enough.  Though the Tebow thing really is the worst thing I can recall from the Jets.  Seeing him in a Jet uniform was the only thing that made me ever question being a fan.  Just showed complete stupidity and possibly even showed what the Jet front office thought of the fan-base.  As in we didn't care about football really, but instead just flashy headlines.  JT may have been a Jet hater for most of his career but was at least a good player.

Don't want to derail the thread though.  Bringing 24 back isn't anywhere close to those moves.  He's home-grown talent, who wants to make as much money as possible before his career ends (I'd do the same), and someone who never should've left if not for an Idziotic GM. 

cheered

I hate hold outs, gave him a lot of crap when he was here initially, but the bottom line is every player is 1 play away from their career being over, so if they have the hammer, I don't begrudge them using it

in a perfect world they all negotiate like mangold or brick, but this isn't a perfect world

Do the Jets have Revis come out of the tunnel 1st.... leading out his teammates?

That would be classic!! Place would be electric and cause Pettine and McCown to have a little Pee run down their respective legs!!

Fair enough.  Though the Tebow thing really is the worst thing I can recall from the Jets.  Seeing him in a Jet uniform was the only thing that made me ever question being a fan.  Just showed complete stupidity and possibly even showed what the Jet front office thought of the fan-base.  As in we didn't care about football really, but instead just flashy headlines.  JT may have been a Jet hater for most of his career but was at least a good player.

Don't want to derail the thread though.  Bringing 24 back isn't anywhere close to those moves.  He's home-grown talent, who wants to make as much money as possible before his career ends (I'd do the same), and someone who never should've left if not for an Idziotic GM. 

Revis wanted to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL and when Idzik came in we simply didn't have the cap space to give Revis the kind of deal that he would sign Revis was also coming off a major injury, Idzik traded a player who would have left in free agency anyway and got us Sheldon Richardson with the pick we received for him..

Revis wanted to be the highest paid defensive player in the NFL and when Idzik came in we simply didn't have the cap space to give Revis the kind of deal that he would sign Revis was also coming off a major injury, Idzik traded a player who would have left in free agency anyway and got us Sheldon Richardson with the pick we received for him..

Too bad he didn't complete the job and bring him back last season when we had the cap space.

Well I think we really got Milliner with the pick.  If Revis had stayed, no way were we spending that pick on Milliner.  So good chance we would've had Sheldon anyway. 

And sure, I can see the thinking in letting Revis go because of the injury and what he wanted.  To not get him back the next off-season was the bigger debacle.  Instead Idzik basically handed the Pats another SB.  Well Idzik and whoever on Seattle called a pass at the goal line. 

Regardless, none of it was Revis' fault.  Thrilled to have him back.

There's not even a question he is going to get a standing ovation. If we had a decent GM last year, he never would have been a Pat*.

A semi-competent GM would have signed Revis and Desean Jackson last season and told Bick and Patterson to go blow each other

Do the Jets have Revis come out of the tunnel 1st.... leading out his teammates?

That would be classic!! Place would be electric and cause Pettine and McCown to have a little Pee run down their respective legs!!

I would bring him out last, but who knows what bowles will do.  maybe the whole team ?

Revis will get cheered because he is back as a Jet. He should of never left the Jets but general managers make mistakes on what to do the best example of that is Idziks tenure as Jet gm. Even though Revis played for the biggest Jets rival last season. The fact that he is back with the Jets is enough to cheer the return of one of the best corner backs in the national football league right now.

Is this thread and poll for real?  If Son of Sam could blanket the opposing team's top WR he would get a 5 minute standing-O when coming out of the tunnel.

I wish I had time to go look at all the threads when Revis was dealt to TB and we got the 1st and a possible 3rd... that became a 4th. 

Many on this board were praising Idzik and the vitriol toward Revis was at an All-Time high..... I wonder what side of the fence you were on then?

• Rich Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer.

Good morning, New York Jets fans. One year ago, your favorite team traded its best playerThe Jets appear to have made the right move in trading cornerback Darrelle Revis to Tampa Bay. Kim Klement/USA TODAY Sports

Yes, April 21 is the first anniversary of the Darrelle Revis trade, a highly controversial move in which John Idzik -- in his first significant decision as the general manager -- sent the then-injured cornerback to theTampa Bay Buccaneers because owner Woody Johnson refused to meet the player's asking price on a new contract, $16 million per year.

After months of speculation, fans awoke on a Sunday morning to the news thatRevis was en route to Tampa to take a physical. Within a couple of hours, it was a done deal, one that will be debated for years. One year later, our take on the winners and losers from the trade:

Winner -- The Jets. Philosophically, it was the right move because no cornerback is worth $16 million a year, but the right move doesn't always work out. In this case, it did. They used the 2013 draft-pick compensation (13th overall) to select defensive tackle Sheldon Richardson, the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year. They also landed a fourth-round choice in the upcoming draft. To grade the trade mainly on Richardson's performance, however, isn't fair. If the Jets had kept Revis, they wouldn't have needed a cornerback, so they probably would've picked Richardson with their own choice (ninth overall) instead of Dee Milliner. So, when evaluating the trade, Milliner has to be included -- and he was shaky as a rookie.

Loser -- The Bucs. You can bet they're not celebrating the anniversary in Tampa. It was an ill-advised trade when they made it, and it turned into an all-time bust. The Bucs, under new leadership, decided to cut Revis after only one season. After all the hype, he was just a one-year rental. In the end, the trade cost them a mid-first-round pick and $16 million, and the result was a 4-12 record and pink slips for coach Greg Schiano and GM Mark Dominik.

Wealthy loser -- Revis. Financially, he made out nicely, making $10 million more from the Bucs than he would've received from the Jets in 2013 -- not a bad raise for a guy coming off ACL surgery. His unexpected trip to free agency allowed him to make another score, landing $12 million from the New England Patriots. Despite a two-year, $29 million haul (including a $1 million roster bonus from the Jets before the trade), Revis has become a hired gun, a well-to-do journeyman who probably will spend the rest of his career going year to year and team to team. It's too bad because he could've gone down as one of the best and most beloved players in Jets history.

Archived