Skrine’s “Dream Team” Comments may not sit Well With Bowles

JetNation

Easy Buster Skrine what you see in practice against the Jets offense, isn't what you're going to see against real NFL offenses. Too bad your not going to see too many Geno Smith and Fitzpatrick at Qb next year.

There isn't anything wrong with feeling confident, but at least wait till you actually face a competent offense.

Irony at its best.

“I’ve never played on a defense with this much talent. Our front seven has all-stars and then in the back end, we have all-stars. I’ve never seen anything like this. Everybody said the Philadelphia Eagles were going to be like the dream team, but we have chemistry on this defense already, and you can see it out in practice. I mean, we can match up however you want to match up. We can match up with any offense.”

he called the eagles a dream team

nothing wrong with what he said

Agree, and this is coming from an experienced player that was part of a solid defense in Cleveland last year, I think it's great news, he did not claim the title, just said it was the most talent he has played with and I am looking forward to watching them play :)

They gave that little sh*t Snell's number?

He wouldn't have said this if Bowles had time to change the culture.

Skeins was never part of the "Rex culture". That term gets thrown at very loosely.

Skeins was never part of the "Rex culture". That term gets thrown at very loosely.

He played for Pettine last year who is among the best in the NFL at keeping his players in line.  Harsh disciplinarian who won't tolerate foolish behavior.

Don't we get Carr?

We get the following QB's (depending on some training camp battles) :

McCown

Luck

Bradford

Tannehill

RG III

Brady

Carr

Bortles

Manuel

Mallett

Tannehill

E. Manning

Mariota

Romo

Brady

Manuel

Hardly a murderer's row when you look at it. A few top names, but also a whole lot of question marks.

McCown

Luck

Bradford

Tannehill

RG III

Brady

Carr

Bortles

Manuel

Mallett

Tannehill

E. Manning

Mariota

Romo

Brady

Manuel

Hardly a murderer's row when you look at it. A few top names, but also a whole lot of question marks.

The ascension of Tyrod Taylor is completely unappreciated in this post.

This wasn't trash talk, the guy is complementing the players around him.

Rex has created a blatant over-sensitivity amongst fans that require every new coach to be the polar opposite of the last one.

Y'all need to relax.

McCown

Luck

Bradford

Tannehill

RG III

Brady

Carr

Bortles

Manuel

Mallett

Tannehill

E. Manning

Mariota

Romo

Brady

Manuel

Our defense is going to force some QB controversies early and often.

McCown

Luck

Bradford

Tannehill

RG III

Brady

Carr

Bortles

Manuel

Mallett

Tannehill

E. Manning

Mariota

Romo

Brady

Manuel

Not really seeing many who won't be a little uneasy lining up against the Jets D. But given his yearly over the top optimism of his Raiders team, Carr was my response. I'm sure he believes Carr will light is up.

Honestly curious to see how the kid does. Lots of jokes being thrown around about him based solely on the fact that nobody has seen him play. In all reality, he spent significant time learning behind Flacco with a respected organization and now Greg Roman gets to keep developing him. I wouldn't be shocked if he turned out to be a pretty good player.

I'm not convinced until I see actual game play. You can practice and study all you want but it doesn't make a sh*ts difference if you don't go out and actually show for the hours you have put in. Some players simply can't translate from the books and practice field onto game day. We'll see. Something tells me it won really matter though but I have been wrong before.

I'm not convinced until I see actual game play. You can practice and study all you want but it doesn't make a sh*ts difference if you don't go out and actually show for the hours you have put in. Some players simply can't translate from the books and practice field onto game day. We'll see. Something tells me it won really matter though but I have been wrong before.

I'm  not convinced one way or the other because I haven't seen him play...just surprised to see how many people are dismissing the possibility of him being a good QB.  I guess if you play the odds and say he won't be good then you can do the whole "I told you so" game later, but at this point nobody has a clue as to what he brings to the table.  Here's to hoping he's worse than EJ Manuel.

Honestly curious to see how the kid does.  Lots of jokes being thrown around about him based solely on the fact that nobody has seen him play.  In all reality,  he spent significant time learning behind Flacco with a respected organization and now Greg Roman gets to keep developing him.  I wouldn't be shocked if he turned out to be a pretty good player.

A couple red flags here:  1) The respected organization that took him in the 6th round didn't see fit to sign him beyond his rookie deal to a cheap backup contract.  Given how few decent QB's there are league-wide, even as backups, you would think the Ravens could afford the $1M or so per year they'd have been giving him to stick around.  2) Rex, maybe the worst QB evaluator in the NFL, likes him.

I would not be shocked if he wins the starting job just because.  But becoming a pretty good player?  Nah.  Not worried.

Honestly curious to see how the kid does. Lots of jokes being thrown around about him based solely on the fact that nobody has seen him play. In all reality, he spent significant time learning behind Flacco with a respected organization and now Greg Roman gets to keep developing him. I wouldn't be shocked if he turned out to be a pretty good player.

Sweet merciful crap.

This wasn't trash talk, the guy is complementing the players around him.

Rex has created a blatant over-sensitivity amongst fans that require every new coach to be the polar opposite of the last one.

Y'all need to relax.

This isn't a new thing, and it has little to do with the fans. Since Woody bought the team, the head coaches he's hired have been a swinging pendulum from disciplinarian to players coach and back: From Groh to Edwards to Mangini to Rex...  Bowles might be the first guy he's brought in who isn't a knee-jerk reaction to the guy he's replacing. 

This isn't a new thing, and it has little to do with the fans. Since Woody bought the team, the head coaches he's hired have been a swinging pendulum from disciplinarian to players coach and back: From Groh to Edwards to Mangini to Rex...  Bowles might be the first guy he's brought in who isn't a knee-jerk reaction to the guy he's replacing. 

Wait, so you're actually suggesting we shouldn't pigeon-hole human beings into a simple dichotomy?  Huh.  I don't what we're supposed to talk about now.

Wait, so you're actually suggesting we shouldn't pigeon-hole human beings into a simple dichotomy?  Huh.  I don't what we're supposed to talk about now.

Hugs and sh*tty country music, obviously.

I think you gotta give Tyrod the benefit of the doubt just like with Bill Walsh and Steve Bono obv

I remember celebrating a Jets division title in week one a few years ago when the Jets had a HOF QB and the Pats had to trot out a guy who hadn't started a game since HS. 

Yeah, we've kind of been in same boat with Vinny, Penny then Sanchez.

Each one of those guys had one good season IMO, then became anywhere from slightly above average to terrible....but I get what you're saying.

Archived