" Making the Leap, No. 19 : Jets QB Geno Smith " ~ ~ ~

kelly

and yet some how the writer does not bring up the Buffalo game...    strange

every single Jets fan with a brain would trade geno for Carr right now so defend that.

He mentions his last 4 games and particularly after his benching.  Why would he mention the Buffalo game?   I like Carr too but he ain't here.  

and yet some how the writer does not bring up the Buffalo game...    strange

every single Jets fan with a brain would trade geno for Carr right now so defend that.

I'd trade Geno for like 35 guys. most of the starters and a few backups.

"3. Geno got me fired up enough to write this because he owns skills that are difficult to teach. He has excellent pocket movement, buying time to attempt passes. Some quarterbacks never get that sixth sense in the pocket; Geno has it. He is not afraid to make difficult throws, aggressively pushing the ball down the field. He looks off defenders. The play below is an example of him stepping up in the pocket and taking a hit before delivering "

WTF?

Did it ever occur to you guys that maybe as he was going through his progressions he never found anyone open? It's hard to be a good QB when your RB can't catch an outlet pass and your receivers are the dregs of the league. I'm not willing to give up on him until after this season. If he can't make it this year then it's time to move on, but seriously, I don't think Dan Marino could've looked good with that offense we had last year.

Did it ever occur to you guys that maybe as he was going through his progressions he never found anyone open? It's hard to be a good QB when your RB can't catch an outlet pass and your receivers are the dregs of the league. I'm not willing to give up on him until after this season. If he can't make it this year then it's time to move on, but seriously, I don't think Dan Marino could've looked good with that offense we had last year.

The offense WAS bad. Agreed. The guy running it was the worst one on it.

I want him to be good. He's given me very little reason to think he will be though.

and yet some how the writer does not bring up the Buffalo game... strange

The ones with the other half of the brain would wait for Carr to be something more than just a prospect or the really smart ones would rather trade him for someone who actually plays better than Carr.

Why would the writer bring up the Buffalo game? How is it even close to Strange? He's talking about how Geno got getter and seemed to learn after being benched. How and why would we need to bring up a sh*tty performance?

Ya'll don't agree with his reasoning?

"Sound reasoning." That's what I tell salesmen before I tell them they're full of sh*t.

Geno backers want to believe hell breakthrough cuz it's year 3 and QBs should have it down by year 3.

I think Geno might be a 6 year guy.

The complaints about Geno -outside of Geno himself- have been all about coaching and weapons. The team definitely improved the weapons, and I certainly hope they improved the coaching. And Geno did come back from his benching looking a lot better.

still hard for me to get past the west coast movie theater debacale..

you (geno) at the time were a starting (& struggling) young QB in the NFL on a struggling team..

why should i trust his maturity level has grown since then??

"Sound reasoning." That's what I tell salesmen before I tell them they're full of sh*t.

Geno backers want to believe hell breakthrough cuz it's year 3 and QBs should have it down by year 3.

I think Geno might be a 6 year guy.

Not really. We watched him play with a couple of NFL caliber WRs. Did pretty well. You judged him when he played with Nelson and Kerley starting, essentially, while Decker had a hammy.

No 3 or 6 year about it.

So you also dismiss his premise about the last 4 games as well I suppose because "the season was over".  At some point it is okay to give credit where credit is due.   

Milliner arguably had a "better" last 4 games of 2013(defensive rookie of the month) and look what that got him. This fanbase is so burnt out by the constant failures of this organization over the last 45 years that nobody gets any benefit of the doubt anymore.

Milliner arguably had a "better" last 4 games of 2013(defensive rookie of the month) and look what that got him. This fanbase is so burnt out by the constant failures of this organization over the last 45 years that nobody gets any benefit of the doubt anymore.

I know. It's like, I remember people noting how much better your second 100 posts were than the first 100, and how that was supposedly indicative you were developing into an awesome poster... 

;)

I kid, I kid.

You said "no 3 or 6 year about it."?

Yeah. I essentially said Geno already played very good with a full supporting cast, not cast offs. People tend to ignore that because it was during a lost season n think it's garbage. He played some games against teams with playoff implications. That's not garbage football by any means.

Bottom line:  There is reason to be hopeful but I write it off to Stockholm syndrome (or capture-bonding, is a psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors, sometimes to the point of defending and identifying with the captors.).

The game in Miami, his rookie year knocked the fins out of the playoffs. I was at the Miami game this year, Miami played. Geno blew them out, it counts. He played well against the Pats too this year. They were fighting for home field.

There is a big difference between Fitz and Geno. One is a finished product who is what he is regardless of how he does or doesn't do in a game. Geno is hopefully an incomplete player developmental wise who is getting better.

People screamed that Geno needed to be benched, to sit and take a breath, learn from the sidelines. They sat him and he was a completely different player, wasn't the turnover machine we wanted benched and then we complain that the games were meaningless.

I don't get the logic here

Yes, you were at the Miami game.  I hear that Geno invited a lot of his family.  Only explanation for your steadfast defense of this bum.

Yes, you were at the Miami game. I hear that Geno invited a lot of his family. Only explanation for your steadfast defense of this bum.

Facts, not a made up defense. He blew out the Fins. Find a part of this post that isn't factual and is a made up defense. Unless we're going to make up that he didn't blow the fins out, didn't come back after his benching playing better or that I wasn't at the game I don't get your argument.

We'll ignore that you don't have to be a part of his family or that only his family is smart enough to recognize the difference at the end of the season.

Archived