Rex Went to Jail for Breaking his Brother's Nose in Wingman Dispute

Bruce Harper

Really sick of people patronizingly telling others to move on. It's the offseason, Rex is the most polarizing figure in the NFL. If P. Diddy getting in a fight with former Jet Sal Alosi is worth a thread, so is this.

no, it's not.  JMO.  But if you want to continue your little Rex soap opera, nobody can stop you.  

no, it's not.  JMO.  But if you want to continue your little Rex soap opera, nobody can stop you.  

You're free to skip the Rex threads, they are conveniently flagged for you in the title. Rex is news, and will be a long time. Why don't people post in the Bellichick threads "time to move on he hasn't been the Jets coach since 1999."

You're free to skip the Rex threads, they are conveniently flagged for you in the title. Rex is news, and will be a long time. Why don't people post in the Bellichick threads "time to move on he hasn't been the Jets coach since 1999."

Because the threads are about Belichick's cheating, developing the despicable cheating culture of the Patriots and that affects the Jets.  Rex Ryan punching out his twin has nothing to do with the Jets, the Bills or NFL football.  Please don't tru to camouflage your everything about Rex obsession.  Here's the difference:  When Rex says that Jace Amaro will have to be held accountable, then I am interested.  Threatening one of our starting players is a significant Rex blunder (or a genius intentional P.R. move by the him and the Bills).  *That* I am interested in because it has impact on my team.  Rex punching out his brother over a date eons ago is just gossip column fodder and useless.  And pretending it has any relevance to the the Jets season is just lame.

Because the threads are about Belichick's cheating, developing the despicable cheating culture of the Patriots and that affects the Jets.  Rex Ryan punching out his twin has nothing to do with the Jets, the Bills or NFL football.  Please don't tru to camouflage your everything about Rex obsession.  Here's the difference:  When Rex says that Jace Amaro will have to be held accountable, then I am interested.  Threatening one of our starting players is a significant Rex blunder (or a genius intentional P.R. move by the him and the Bills).  *That* I am interested in because it has impact on my team.  Rex punching out his brother over a date eons ago is just gossip column fodder and useless.  And pretending it has any relevance to the the Jets season is just lame.

Thanks for your opinion. It's hardly my obsession, I didn't start the thread. I am obsessed with people trying to shut down conversation though, which is why I responded to Mick. But good luck in your crusade to determine what subjects are acceptable or not, depending on your personal view of relevance to the NY Jets.

Thanks for bumping this thread also. We can agree to disagree, just like Rex and Rob did on Wingman night.

Thanks for your opinion. It's hardly my obsession, I didn't start the thread. I am obsessed with people trying to shut down conversation though, which is why I responded to Mick. But good luck in your crusade to determine what subjects are acceptable or not, depending on your personal view of relevance to the NY Jets.

Thanks for bumping this thread also. We can agree to disagree, just like Rex and Rob did on Wingman night.

So when someone expresses his opinion on an issue that differs from your own,  it's a "crusade".  But when you express your opinion it's just "expressing your opinion".  Got it.  Good luck with that.

All my original post said in this thread was "don't care. Boring".    Now you have transformed it into a "crusade".  The extent to which some people distort others comments to serve their own agenda is incredible on this forum.  

So when someone expresses his opinion on an issue that differs from your own,  it's a "crusade".  But when you express your opinion it's just "expressing your opinion".  Got it.  Good luck with that.

All my original post said in this thread was "don't care. Boring".    Now you have transformed it into a "crusade".  The extent to which some people distort others comments to serve their own agenda is incredible on this forum.  

Haha, nice try at a flip around. Glad to hear you are not on a crusade and we are free to continue talking about Rex. Thanks for your permission!

So, what do you think Rex's favorite flavor of ice cream is? I'm definitely going with Rocky Road, as it describes his tenure as HC of NYJ to a T.

Haha, nice try at a flip around. Glad to hear you are not on a crusade and we are free to continue talking about Rex. Thanks for your permission!

So, what do you think Rex's favorite flavor of ice cream is? I'm definitely going with Rocky Road, as it describes his tenure as HC of NYJ to a T.

don't care.  boring again.

Does this deserve its own thread?  Almost certainly not.  But it is a good story and revealing of the Ryan family ethos.

Report: Rex Ryan once went to jail for fighting with brother Rob

Though they've never coached together, their relationship has always been something that's intrigued NFL fans since their father was the famed inventor of the 46 defense and helped lead the Bears to their only Super Bowl win in 1985.

This isn't right.  Buddy had them both on the staff in Arizona.  Rex was DLine and Rob was secondary.

Sick of Rex and the rest of the Ryans, we get it they were cool and all that stuff....These stories all come out because Rex needs love from strangers...He's one 3-13 season away from hanging out at highway rest stops. Coach the damn team and STFU.

News writers not only follow Rex but they dig into the archives to keep him in the spotlight.  Actually,  the blurb about Rex's fight with his brother appeared in the Buffalo News this past Sunday.  It was part of a big story that TBN  (The Buffalo News) wrote on Ryan's life.  Buffalo loves Rex 

News writers not only follow Rex but they dig into the archives to keep him in the spotlight. Actually, the blurb about Rex's fight with his brother appeared in the Buffalo News this past Sunday. It was part of a big story that TBN (The Buffalo News) wrote on Ryan's life. Buffalo loves Rex

Funny how they love him now yet ridiculed and mocked him during the Jet years...Give it time Buffalo will learn the hard way that he doesnt have a clue how to lead a team...

Archived