Predict the outcome of Brady's appeal

T0mShane

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when players cheat they are taking a big chance at killing legacy if they get CAUGHT. Brady cheated and got caught and then lied about it. 

Did Rice get caught mon?

So now you are switching the argument..before it was exclusively only pats fans are defending the pats, now we are talking about the crime being worse because  he was caught. Dont give a damn who gets caught or who doesn't. We were never arguing who is the better criminal so to speak. We are arguing the degree of the infraction....His legacy is gonna be fine. .

still got 4 superbowls, still will be a first ballot HOFer, still the greatest QB behind montana, who cares if a few angry fans dont like him..

No.  They are busted because they are bad bad guys.  They are hated, because of their success. 

Again, please point 100 page, 30K post moral outrage thread on the Panthers/Vikings manipulation of footballs.  Or the Chargers. 

I can give you examples, but if you do not want to accept it.

This is a Jets forum, first of all. Pats in our conference and division. Their shenanigans affect Jets more so we care more. I don't know much about the Vikings/Panthers situation (warming up balls on sideline?) but if I had to make a distinction, warming up a ball to letting air out after referees certify the air pressure is shoplifting a pack of gum to stealing the Mona Lisa. Also I will note that Pats went to extreme lengths to hide what they were doing. "The Deflator" ducking in the bathroom on way to the field after picking up the balls from the refs. Pretty tough to argue "everyone was doing it so we figured it wasn't enforced or a big deal," when you actively work to hide what you are doing. The Vikings/Panthers did what they did on the sideline in full view of the refs/television cameras, if I recall correctly. And both teams engaged in it so at least their was "even" cheating on both sides. This is a cover-up situation as much as a "crime" situation. And Pats are repeat offenders. Repeat offenders get harsher punishment all the time for similar infractions to first-time offenders. It's life.

Point                                                               

You

It is the idiocy of JN acting like the Patriots only do this.

If NFL knew this was common practice for years and years and only threw the book at Pats that's kind of bush league, I will grant you. That's exactly the defense I would've put forth if I was Brady's lawyers--and the fact that some/many former QBs have told the media this, there is some evidence to support the defense. The way to handle something like that--if the NFL knew it was common practice--would be a league-wide memo that it was going to start enforcing it, to put everyone back on even footing.

I don't have a clue how this is gonna turn out, however how I'd like to see things go (in order from worst outcome to the best):

4.  Brady's suspension is wiped clear.  It was fun to see the Pats dragged through the gutter yet again.  They still lose 1st and 4th round draft picks.  So not a total loss.

3.  Brady's suspension is reduced.

2.  The suspension is upheld and Brady decides NOT to take it to court.

1.  It goes to court.  Whether the suspension is reduced or not, Brady decides to go to court.  Now I think in this scenario Brady gets to play until the court rules.  However I'm pretty sure the Pats have been starting slow anyway the past couple seasons.  Then when the court rules and (if) the suspension is upheld, it would mean Brady misses games later in the season (maybe even vs the Jets).  Which would also interrupt any momentum they had at the time.  It also gives the opportunity for more details to surface about "the Patriot way".  Which is always a good thing. 

Just hope Brady is dumb/smug enough to take this to court.

...His legacy is gonna be fine. .

sure is

he is the nixon of football, that is his legacy

good enough to win without cheating, not enough integrity or charcater to play it straight

legacy will last for a century

Try again Skippy

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/14/actually-vikings-didnt-warm-footballs-in-november/

And even if both teams were warming balls, there would have been no competitve edge. Also the fact that the Pats were deflating balls in bathroom stalls should tell you they no it was illegal and provided competitive edge in cold and rainy weather.

Pats fans are outright embarrasing mon

"Yeah, you can't do anything with the footballs in terms of any artificial, whether you're heating them up, whether it's a regular game ball or kicking ball, you can't do anything to the football," Blandino said. "So that was noticed during the game, both teams were made aware of it during the game and we will certainly remind the clubs as we get into more cold weather games that you can't do anything with the football in terms of heating them up with those sideline heaters."

Did the warm them equally?

Again, you miss the point.  It is illegal.

I know you have an agenda to save the face of an entire pathetic cheating organization and this is a favorite cry by a clueless fanbase but find the proof that the Jets cheated. Videotaping plays are and have always been allowed. The Patriots cheated because they taped the plays and the down and distance off the boards to have a video library of trends of teams. They were warned and kept ignoring the warnings. Jets were guilty of not moving to the new designated area.

If they didn't cheat like the Jets didn't cheat, there wouldn't have been historic fines.

Go back to making sh*t up though

That is not what got the Patriots in trouble.

It was the where they did it from.

The difference is the Jets' whined about it.  The Patriots just said to stop.  Just like the Packers said to the Patriots the year before.  Hmmmm.

This is a Jets forum, first of all. Pats in our conference and division. Their shenanigans affect Jets more so we care more. I don't know much about the Vikings/Panthers situation (warming up balls on sideline?) but if I had to make a distinction, warming up a ball to letting air out after referees certify the air pressure is shoplifting a pack of gum to stealing the Mona Lisa. Also I will note that Pats went to extreme lengths to hide what they were doing. "The Deflator" ducking in the bathroom on way to the field after picking up the balls from the refs. Pretty tough to argue "everyone was doing it so we figured it wasn't enforced or a big deal," when you actively work to hide what you are doing. The Vikings/Panthers did what they did on the sideline in full view of the refs/television cameras, if I recall correctly. And both teams engaged in it so at least their was "even" cheating on both sides. This is a cover-up situation as much as a "crime" situation. And Pats are repeat offenders. Repeat offenders get harsher punishment all the time for similar infractions to first-time offenders. It's life.

Really?   Heating a ball, which is tampering with it, is a kin to stealing a pack of gum while letting air out is stealing the Mona Lisa?  Wow...no disparity there.   

It was clearly not enforced.  If Rodgers is saying he is over inflating the ball  to see if it can make it by the ref, then that suggests it is not always measured.  And if it was closely scrutinized, then the Patriots would not have had balls at 16psi during the Jets game.

Woody was a repeat offender.  Then why wasn't he punished harder besides stroking Goodell's ballsac?  The repeat offender is a farce as well.  Then why isn't the Seahawks losing a draft pick for having a ton of players pissing hot due to Adderal?  The Patriots used cameras from the wronf location.  Brady, more probably than not, told the ball boys to get a handle ontheball pressure.....seven years later.  Not exatly the same crime or same players.  NFL Office had an agenda.

If NFL knew this was common practice for years and years and only threw the book at Pats that's kind of bush league, I will grant you. That's exactly the defense I would've put forth if I was Brady's lawyers--and the fact that some/many former QBs have told the media this, there is some evidence to support the defense. The way to handle something like that--if the NFL knew it was common practice--would be a league-wide memo that it was going to start enforcing it, to put everyone back on even footing.

So you are saying the guys that told Schefter are lying?  Or the guys like Blake and Johnson who admitted to the same thing are lying?

The NFL did not care about it.  That it was the Patriots and it is clear there are some people in the league and NFL office that have an agenda against the Patriots.

The thing that bothers me about the defenders of the Pats and Brady is that they ignore the fact that this was not a onetime event. In fact, the reason it was discovered was because they did it against the Ravens and they warned Indy. This has been going on a long time, and all the nonsense about air pressure and testing methods is just a bunch of obfuscation. 

Fact: The ball handler took the balls into the bathroom

Fact: There are texts confirming the deflation

Brady and the Pats are completely guilty. Once you ad in their historical performance in bad weather and fumbling stats the pervasiveness of what they did becomes clear. 

I don't care about the penalty the Pats were already penalized.  (Not that the NFL won't give them a couple extra compensatory picks to make up for it. 

What I am really concerned with is that the NFL make sure it is not possible for this to ever happen again.

The thing that bothers me about the defenders of the Pats and Brady is that they ignore the fact that this was not a onetime event. In fact, the reason it was discovered was because they did it against the Ravens and they warned Indy. This has been going on a long time, and all the nonsense about air pressure and testing methods is just a bunch of obfuscation. 

Fact: The ball handler took the balls into the bathroom

Fact: There are texts confirming the deflation

Brady and the Pats are completely guilty. Once you ad in their historical performance in bad weather and fumbling stats the pervasiveness of what they did becomes clear. 

I don't care about the penalty the Pats were already penalized.  (Not that the NFL won't give them a couple extra compensatory picks to make up for it. 

What I am really concerned with is that the NFL make sure it is not possible for this to ever happen again.

Exactly.  Take away the competitive edge they enjoyed from cheating.  Or at least take away the edge they received from this form of cheating.  If the last ten years have taught us anything they have taught us that you have as better chance of convincing water not to be wet than you have of convincing the Patriots to stop cheating altogether.

That is not what got the Patriots in trouble.

It was the where they did it from.

The difference is the Jets' whined about it.  The Patriots just said to stop.  Just like the Packers said to the Patriots the year before.  Hmmmm.

Yeah that's what happened. Plus the Jets whined about it. They should have allowed the Pats to continue cheating and snubbing their noses at the rules. It's on the Jets and the overwhelming number of people pissed. Not on the people who cheated.

Keep stroking yoursel whenever repeating that bit of nonsense. Somehow the powers that be ****ed up and fined the Pats for cheating, not the Jets for having the cheating employee removed from their field.

Just came back from a week in NH, they're just as assed backwards. Deflate gate is just looking to **** the Pats!

Really?   Heating a ball, which is tampering with it, is a kin to stealing a pack of gum while letting air out is stealing the Mona Lisa?  Wow...no disparity there.   

It was clearly not enforced.  If Rodgers is saying he is over inflating the ball  to see if it can make it by the ref, then that suggests it is not always measured.  And if it was closely scrutinized, then the Patriots would not have had balls at 16psi during the Jets game.

Woody was a repeat offender.  Then why wasn't he punished harder besides stroking Goodell's ballsac?  The repeat offender is a farce as well.  Then why isn't the Seahawks losing a draft pick for having a ton of players pissing hot due to Adderal?  The Patriots used cameras from the wronf location.  Brady, more probably than not, told the ball boys to get a handle ontheball pressure.....seven years later.  Not exatly the same crime or same players.  NFL Office had an agenda.

So you are saying the guys that told Schefter are lying?  Or the guys like Blake and Johnson who admitted to the same thing are lying?

The NFL did not care about it.  That it was the Patriots and it is clear there are some people in the league and NFL office that have an agenda against the Patriots.

1. Yes there is a disparity. Patriots knew what they did was wrong and set up an entire system to hide it from the league. The disparity is warranted. Heating a ball on the sideline in full view of everyone is not the same as using a needle in the bathroom stall on the way from the referee certification to the field. Only a total Pats homer would even try to argue they are the same. Heating the ball is closer to wiping off rain before the snap than it is to conspiring to remove air from inside the ball, and then doing so at the one moment of opportunity between the ref locker room and the field... in the bathroom with a hand held needle... and hide it because YOU KNEW IT WAS WRONG. You will kick and scream but deep down you know what I am saying is right. And the league agrees.

2. Not saying the other QBs are lying. The question is whether THE LEAGUE knew and turned a blind eye. Don't care if Blake did it and no one knew. If THE LEAGUE knew about it and did nothing, I'm on your side that there were better ways to handle this than to throw the book at one team. But either way rules is rules and if you break 'em you run the risk. "Everyone else was doing it" doesn't work in life and it shouldn't work in sport.

Yeah that's what happened. Plus the Jets whined about it. They should have allowed the Pats to continue cheating and snubbing their noses at the rules. It's on the Jets and the overwhelming number of people pissed. Not on the people who cheated.

Keep stroking yoursel whenever repeating that bit of nonsense. Somehow the powers that be ****ed up and fined the Pats for cheating, not the Jets for having the cheating employee removed from their field.

Just came back from a week in NH, they're just as assed backwards. Deflate gate is just looking to **** the Pats!

Probably more so.

No one is saying to allow it to happen.  The Packers said stop.  The Patriots said stop.  The Jets went crying like little gitls to their former employee Roger Goodell. And it clear he is still in their back pocket.

Probably more so.

No one is saying to allow it to happen.  The Packers said stop.  The Patriots said stop.  The Jets went crying like little gitls to their former employee Roger Goodell. And it clear he is still in their back pocket.

seriously your homerism is now just second to Garb and that is not a good thing mon.

Prediction:  No change.  Suspension stays the same, fine stays the same.

Goodell and the league look like idiots if they pull it back, and there's no resolution possible for what's really irking Pats Nation:  Game 1 Super Bowl celebration.

SAR I

Probably more so.

No one is saying to allow it to happen. The Packers said stop. The Patriots said stop. The Jets went crying like little gitls to their former employee Roger Goodell. And it clear he is still in their back pocket.

The only crying like little girls comes from Pats fans blaming everyone but those who cheated for Spygate.

Can you get anything right, Goodell wasn't an employee of the Jets. Keep crying on a Jets board though, it's kind of funny to watch you run from post to post desperately trying to convince people that the Pats are innocent

Probably more so.

the only "crying little girls" are the Pats fans still in denial that their team is a bunch of cheatahs.

Man up, little girl.  Your team cheated its corrupt little heart out for the past decade or more and was caught not once, but twice.  Stop your crying and take your punishment, Pats fans.  After all, the real punishment is that the real world's (non-Pats homers) perception that the Pats championships* are tainted and will always be remembered as such.  

That was the original storyline, but it doesn't seem like it was on the way to the field. It seems like he took the balls to the bathroom, then put them back where they were. Major Brass set there. Looks like this had become old hat for them.

the only "crying little girls" are the Pats fans still in denial that their team is a bunch of cheatahs.

Man up, little girl. Your team cheated its corrupt little heart out for the past decade or more and was caught not once, but twice. Stop your crying and take your punishment, Pats fans. After all, the real punishment is that the real world's (non-Pats homers) perception that the Pats championships* are tainted and will always be remembered as such.

Actually it's 3 times under Kraft. Remember the Pats, Kraft, were also found guilty of tampering when they illegally contacted Bellicheck while he was under contract with the Jets. 3 times, 2 different commissioners. No excuses, they're cheaters from top down.

The organization follows the lead of its cheating owner.

So to get this straight, the Pats fans standard defense now is "everybody else does it too", right?  So then it begs the questionif every team is doing this stuff, yet the Pats keep getting caught......are the Pats really the geniuses of the league here?

That was the original storyline, but it doesn't seem like it was on the way to the field. It seems like he took the balls to the bathroom, then put them back where they were. Major Brass set there. Looks like this had become old hat for them.

Unbelievable Pats can't claim ignorance that it was against the rules or that they thought it was an old rule that was not enforced.

It is like Ken Lay from Enron saying he didn't think he did anything illegal after ordering millions of records to be shredded.

sure is

he is the nixon of football, that is his legacy

good enough to win without cheating, not enough integrity or charcater to play it straight

legacy will last for a century

I seriously dont get why people say that he's good to win without cheating...   WE DO NOT KNOW THAT..

Doctoring the football helps out and gives him an advantage or he wouldnt do it otherwise..   

Football is a game of inches, seconds and of course win or losses based on a drop pass here or there..

Fact is we dont know how long this guy has been cheating or what advantages he gained from it..

Personally I hope they wipe out the suspension and the whole AFC East kicks the patriots azz and they miss out on the playoffs..    There is this Patriots mystique and fear, but yet, the Jets always play them close..   Sanchez lead Jets team beat them in the playoffs..  Eli Manning lead jets beat them in the playoffs...  and 2014 Jets nearly beat them 2x and lost on block field goals..

F***K  the Patriots....  Bring it on...  

I just dont want these fools to have an excuse for when they miss the playoffs

Personally I hope they wipe out the suspension and the whole AFC East kicks the patriots azz and they miss out on the playoffs.. There is this Patriots mystique and fear, but yet, the Jets always play them close.. Sanchez lead Jets team beat them in the playoffs.. Eli Manning lead jets beat them in the playoffs... and 2014 Jets nearly beat them 2x and lost on block field goals..

F***K the Patriots.... Bring it on...

I just dont want these fools to have an excuse for when they miss the playoffs

Eli Manning always had his way with the Patriots when he played for the Jets. Too bad they got rid of him.

Archived