Movies that you hated/didn't like but everybody else seemed to love

Morrissey

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'll find kindred spirits here, but why does America love The Princess Bride?  Everybody repeats the quote: "my name is <whatever> montoya...prepare to die", then gazes to the sky with a nostalgic grin.  But it isn't a joke. It simply isn't a statement that contains humor.

Anything from Mel Brooks.  Mel loves many styles of comedy, just not the funny kind.

Seth Rogen's portfolio of weiner joke and pot movies.

Those sh*tty Star Trek reboots. J.J. Abrams has turned me into a bitter fanboy who spends his time whining about Star Trek on internet message boards. It's really taking time away from being a bitter Jets fan who spends his time whining about our QB depth chart on internet message boards. Screw that guy. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N15J4ibej8

Here are some of mine, one's that came out in recent years:

-Boyhood

-American Sniper

-Foxcatcher

-American Hustle

-Argo

-Hurt Locker

Add me to the Boyhood list.  That was the biggest waste of time ever.

My list:

Good Will Hunting 

American Beauty 

Castaway

All of the Lord of the Rings/Hobbit movies

Annie Hall

I think I'll find kindred spirits here, but why does America love The Princess Bride?  Everybody repeats the quote: "my name is <whatever> montoya...prepare to die", then gazes to the sky with a nostalgic grin.  But it isn't a joke. It simply isn't a statement that contains humor.

Anything from Mel Brooks.  Mel loves many styles of comedy, just not the funny kind.

Seth Rogen's portfolio of weiner joke and pot movies.

Agreed on the Seth Rogen. I have dubbed him the "Ruiner of All Things Movie"

I'm going with Silver Linings Playbook. It was one of the least memorable movies I've ever seen, the acting was a joke, and the premise was "who care" to me.

I also couldn't make it through Lincoln and the Wolf of Wall Street. No matter how hard I tried. I do plan on attempting those again, eventually.

I'm going with Silver Linings Playbook. It was one of the least memorable movies I've ever seen, the acting was a joke, and the premise was "who care" to me.

That movie was ridiculous. Violent psychopath with rage issues, no cell phone, no car, living in his parents' attic is relentlessly, literally, pursued by lingerie-model-body-having nymphomaniac. Bradley Cooper sucks.

That movie was ridiculous. Violent psychopath with rage issues, no cell phone, no car, living in his parents' attic is relentlessly, literally, pursued by lingerie-model-body-having nymphomaniac. Bradley Cooper sucks.

She doesn't have the body of a lingerie model, she's got a regular good looking woman's body. It's the goods, but it's not a victoria secret bod.

It pains me to see a whole generation being raised under the premise that acting like hers and Bradley coopers is "good".

She doesn't have the body of a lingerie model, she's got a regular good looking woman's body. It's the goods, but it's not a victoria secret bod.

It pains me to see a whole generation being raised under the premise that acting like hers and Bradley coopers is "good".

It's tough to evaluate actresses because they're usually getting such awful roles that feature T&A.

It's tough to evaluate actresses because they're usually getting such awful roles that feature T&A.

Mockingbirdjay is not a T&A role, and her acting is rigid, emotionless, and like she's reading from cue cards. 

Mockingbirdjay is not a T&A role, and her acting is rigid, emotionless, and like she's reading from cue cards. 

Throw those movies into that bucket of terrible.  How anyone can sit through those Hunger Game Movies is beyond me. 

Identity theft. Pretty much anything with Melissa McCarthy.

Tammy and identity theft were poop, but give "Spy" a chance.  Written with a *lot* more depth than many comedies.  I'm picky, and i think this was better than bridesmaids. (not a chick movie either, imo)

Forest Gump - the most trite, contrived, audience-insulting, horrendous piece of sh*t ever made. 

+1    A guy with cognitive impairment falls in love with an undeserving drugged-out skank. Roll credits.  

Annie Hall

+1. 

I guess I just don't "get" Woody Allen, but aside from a few chuckles here and there, I found Annie Hall to be a symphony of meh. It was just two hours of him whining about how stressed and edgy he is, with some semblance of a love story shoehorned in to give it a "plot." 

Tammy and the other recent movie were poop, but give "Spy" a chance.  Written with a *lot* more depth than many comedies.

A guy with cognitive impairment falls in love with an undeserving drugged-out skank. Roll credits.  

Tammy was horrible. I sat down thinking it was going to be a comedy and it ended up making me depressed for two days afterward. 

Add me to the Boyhood list.  That was the biggest waste of time ever.

My list:

Good Will Hunting 

American Beauty 

Castaway

All of the Lord of the Rings/Hobbit movies

Annie Hall

Wow.  I regard that script as an incredibly well written/elegant/funny/poignant/smart piece of work.  Especially when you consider it's a first-time script.

I will say that Minnie Driver was a terrible choice.  Her acting bugged me throughout the flick.

Inside Llewan Davis.  I am a die hard music fan.  Die hard.  I love so many different styles and genres it's nuts.  But this movie SUCKED!

Could not agree more.  Just a meandering and not very compelling story.  Take out a few curses and that could have been shown on Lifetime. 

Tammy was horrible. I sat down thinking it was going to be a comedy and it ended up making me depressed for two days afterward. 

Never saw Tammy.  Never saw Bridesmaids.  Will never see "Spy".  Identity theft I shut off 1/2 way through.  No coming back from that.

Inception

Anything Marvel except Cap 2 and the first half of the first Iron Man, including that pretty looking piece of trash hipster bullsh*t Guardians of the Galaxy

Forrest Gump

Goodfellas - It bored the sh*t out of me until Karen flushed the coke down the toilet, at which point I laughed hysterically.

Clerks

American Sniper and Zero Dark Thurty - Nazis made plenty of propaganda films too.

Any Toy Story movie

Rushmore

Archived