The 2015 Jets Negative Thread

SouthernJet

1. Geno Smith - doesn't matter what you have at skill position, if the Qb can't get the football to those players.

2. A lot of old big name players were added this year. Are they the same player they were a couple years ago.( Revis, Brandon Marshall etc)

3. James Carpenter Like Breno Giacomini before this isn't Seattle anymore. ( R Wilson hides their faults)

4. dbrickshaw Ferguson has been a model of consistency and reliability since he enter the league. ( can he continue his streak of staying healthy- as he gets older you assume that trend has to be tested , not to mention the odds eventually have to catch up with him). As bad as Jet fans haven't appreciated how good Dbrick Ferguson been, imagine having to put someone in at Lt.

5. Outside of Revis ( assuming he still somewhat Revis) what do they really have at Cb.

6. A lot of teams in Afc East have improved or have franchise Qb's.

1. Geno Smith - doesn't matter what you have at skill position, if the Qb can't get the football to those players.

2. A lot of old big name players were added this year. Are they the same player they were a couple years ago.( Revis, Brandon Marshall etc)

3. James Carpenter Like Breno Giacomini before this isn't Seattle anymore. ( R Wilson hides their faults)

4. dbrickshaw Ferguson has been a model of consistency and reliability since he enter the league. ( can he continue his streak of staying healthy- as he gets older you assume that trend has to be tested , not to mention the odds eventually have to catch up with him). As bad as Jet fans haven't appreciated how good Dbrick Ferguson been, imagine having to put someone in at Lt.

5. Outside of Revis ( assuming he still somewhat Revis) what do they really have at Cb.

6. A lot of teams in Afc East have improved or have franchise Qb's.

7. Has any team ever made playoff without Sammy Lee Hill i think no

The low point of the 2015 season came when a Raider fan tried breaking down the roster and I wasn't able to scroll past it quickly enough to avoid all exposure.

So true ... Couldn't get past him bringing up Brick as a problem !?!?! ... Then he had to get a snide comment against Revis in there as well !?!?!

Come on bro ... There are plenty of problems ... Brick & Revis are not them though - yo !!!

The way I see it, there are 3 key risks to this season that stand out above the rest:

1) Geno is inconsistent but plays just tantalizingly enough to keep the job, yet not take us to the playoffs

2) Geno sucks and Fitz can't step in and play competent ball, or if it's too late by that time

3) Brandon Marshall and/or Eric Decker have injury problems, once again there would be a lack of proven targets.

So true ... Couldn't get past him bringing up Brick as a problem !?!?! ... Then he had to get a snide comment against Revis in there as well !?!?!

Come on bro ... There are plenty of problems ... Brick & Revis are not them though - yo !!!

To get it correct my point wasn't Brick being a problem . That he's been very durable and consistent every year he's been in the league( that's killing him). The point was with him getting up there in age, the odds of him not getting hit with the injury bug at some point ( happens to everyone in the NFL career at some point- the percentage are not on his side- even Mangold had one year where the injury bug got him. Do the Jets have anyone close to Brick to play Lt. ( despite what Jet fans think about Dbrick slipping)

Some of you jet fans crack me up. All we heard when Revis was playing for the Patriots , that he wasn't the same corner he once was( true - even the greats start to slip due to age). Now that Jets have brought him back , you want us to believe he still the Revis Island version. That Revis is long gone, and when you see more and more passes being completed against Revis, that the dominant Revis would never have given up. Just remember everyone gets old , and can't do the things they once could. ( no hate, just the facts of life).

Btw That like saying Brandon Marshall still a number 1 type of Wr. He definitely was one throughout his career, but is that the case now. let's see playing with a lesser Qb now, than he had in Chicago, his numbers should improve from a disappointing year in 2014. ( put up number 1 type numbers in 2015?) The Bears don't believe so, and why they moved him for a fifth rounder. let's see if they are right or wrong in their assessment.

@RichCimini: This smacks of a fantasy-related question. Amaro is coming off an underwhelming rookie season, and he has to be better in all facets of his game. He finished with 38 catches for 345 yards last season, and I expected those numbers to increase -- but I wouldn't write him down as a 60-catch tight end. Watching him in practice and games, I haven't seen any special qualities that make you say, "Wow, he's gonna be a great one." Amaro can start by cutting down on the drops and playing with more urgency. If he doesn't, he'll give Rex Ryan more fodder for his next Amaro rip job.

@RichCimini: This smacks of a fantasy-related question. Amaro is coming off an underwhelming rookie season, and he has to be better in all facets of his game. He finished with 38 catches for 345 yards last season, and I expected those numbers to increase -- but I wouldn't write him down as a 60-catch tight end. Watching him in practice and games, I haven't seen any special qualities that make you say, "Wow, he's gonna be a great one." Amaro can start by cutting down on the drops and playing with more urgency. If he doesn't, he'll give Rex Ryan more fodder for his next Amaro rip job.

Aren't the Jets going to line up Amaro more as a H-back , than as a Te. Maybe concentrating less on his blocking( terrible at) will improve his concentration catching the football.

Archived