RUSSELL WILSON ASKS SEAHAWKS TO TRY AGAIN WITH NEW CONTRACT

jeaniec

So important yet they couldn't even have a winning record with that team before Wilson. Their offensive line can't pass protect either.

Wilson isn't good. He's excellent.

Just out of curiosity what are your thoughts on Andy Dalton?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just out of curiosity what are your thoughts on Andy Dalton?

That's he and the Bengals are a different story. Bringing them into th mix to confuse and go off on a tangent is pointless. In no explains how the same basic team with Lynch and without Wilson is below .500 2 years in a row, wins 36 the next 3 years but it

S because of Lynch and Wilson is going for the ride.

Doesn't make sense on any level.

That's he and the Bengals are a different story. Bringing them into th mix to confuse and go off on a tangent is pointless. In no explains how the same basic team with Lynch and without Wilson is below .500 2 years in a row, wins 36 the next 3 years but it

S because of Lynch and Wilson is going for the ride.

Doesn't make sense on any level.

The Bengals were a pretty much crap team before Dalton showed up and they have made the playoffs every season since he has been there, barely anyone give him any credit and he doesn't have the defense and the run game like Seattle. Everyone keeps bringing up that the Seahawks were a bad team before Wilson, well the Bengals were a bad team without Dalton. *note that I think Wilson is a much better QB than Dalton

So important yet they couldn't even have a winning record with that team before Wilson. Their offensive line can't pass protect either.

Wilson isn't good. He's excellent.

Right on.  When he was at NC State, he was fantastic. He put Wisconsin in the Riose Bowl.  The  NC State coach didnt know how to use him.   

Wilson would be better than any QB we have had since Namath. Yet the know it all internet experts here know better.

Right on. When he was at NC State, he was fantastic. He put Wisconsin in the Riose Bowl. The NC State coach didnt know how to use him.

Wilson would be better than any QB we have had since Namath. Yet the know it all internet experts here know better.

Given our track record of QB's after Namath that really isn't hard to do.

Right on. When he was at NC State, he was fantastic. He put Wisconsin in the Riose Bowl. The NC State coach didnt know how to use him.

It is such an ignorant statement for people to argue Wilson is somehow a product of the system or a game manager. People here act like he's Alex friggin Smith.

The Bengals were a pretty much crap team before Dalton showed up and they have made the playoffs every season since he has been there, barely anyone give him any credit and he doesn't have the defense and the run game like Seattle. Everyone keeps bringing up that the Seahawks were a bad team before Wilson, well the Bengals were a bad team without Dalton. *note that I think Wilson is a much better QB than Dalton

I brought up that the Seahawks were bad before Wilson.

Dalton has nothing to do with it. The difference is you said that Wilson looks good because of the defense and because of Lynch. The two things that were there before Wilson and didn't lead to even a .500 record.

Bringing up Dalton, the Bengals or anything else doesn't change this.

Right on.  When he was at NC State, he was fantastic. He put Wisconsin in the Riose Bowl.  The  NC State coach didnt know how to use him.   

Bradway said if Wilson was 6'3 he would have been the first player drafted in 2012..

Bradway said if Wilson was 6'3 he would have been the first player drafted in 2012..

Thank that brilliant decision to trade for Tebow. Supposedly once that was done we had no need for a QB so let's draft Stephen Hill so our two playoff tested young studs can throw to him.

I've never actually heard this before about the Chiefs...but it made me think for a second because other than Aaron Murray and Brodie Croyle, I honestly couldnt think of any QB's they've drafted in my life time. That's because they've only drafted 4 QB's since 1997.  Croyle being the highest drafted in the 3rd round!!!!  That's just insane for a franchise starving for a QB, they've only drafted 4 in almost 20 years??? The last time they took a QB in the 1st round was 1983.  83!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow.  Crazy.

Todd Blackledge will have that effect on you. 

Give him the richest contract ever and end the almost 5 decade drought of not having a competent ******* QB.

No thanks. The Seahawks are winning now because he's a top 15 QB playing out hit rookie deal. They can afford other pieces. Start giving him 20 a year and things change. His skill set isn't 20m a year worthy.

No thanks. The Seahawks are winning now because he's a top 15 QB playing out hit rookie deal. They can afford other pieces. Start giving him 20 a year and things change. His skill set isn't 20m a year worthy.

They had a very identical team two years prior to Wilson getting drafted. Both years they went 7-9. Does he deserve to paid more than Luck or Rodgers? No, I was being sarcastic, but I want to witness a super bowl before I die.

If we have to overpay for a franchise QB, then so be it. It's not like we're overpaying for a guard or strong safety.

They had a very identical team two years prior to Wilson getting drafted. Both years they went 7-9. Does he deserve to paid more than Luck or Rodgers? No, I was being sarcastic, but I want to witness a super bowl before I die.

If we have to overpay for a franchise QB, then so be it. It's not like we're overpaying for a guard or strong safety.

Something tells me that defense and running game won't look so great with Tarvaris Jackson running the show.

So in other words, Wilson does deserve the money? That's exactly what I been saying.

All Wilson showed was that they needed a top 15-20 QB. Finding it at 3rd round pay allowed them to pay their defensive members.

Remember they were a defensive minded team before Wilson that was young.

Pay Wilson 20m and they will have to make tough decisions.

All Wilson showed was that they needed a top 15-20 QB. Finding it at 3rd round pay allowed them to pay their defensive members.

Remember they were a defensive minded team before Wilson that was young.

Pay Wilson 20m and they will have to make tough decisions.

I'lol never understand how some of you evaluate the qb position. What are u people watching?

I'lol never understand how some of you evaluate the qb position. What are u people watching?

Here are the QBs id take over Wilson:

Afce: Brady

Afcn: Ben, flacco

Afcs: Luck

Afcw: manning, smith (debatable), rivers

Nfce: Eli, romo

Nfcs: brees, Newton (debatable),

Nfcn: Rodgers, stafford

Nfcw: Foles

Todd Blackledge will have that effect on you.

Seriously.

We love to lament about passing on Marino for Kenny O'Brien. The Chiefs passed on Marino and Jim Kelly for Blackledge.

And at least O'Brien was solid. Blackledge was a disaster.

You think Alex Smith and Nick Foles both > Wilson.

Why am I talking to you?

You think Alex Smith and Nick Foles both > Wilson.

Why am I talking to you?

I'd take Nick Foles in a heartbeat.

I said Smith was debatable.  I'm not a fan of Wilson.  Is he an upgrade over Geno Smith?  Helen Keller is an upgrade over Smith, so yes.  Would I take Wilson? Not at 20m.

Pretty accurate I would say.  May take out Foles as not enough info and Smith as he is the same as wilson, a game manager.  I love wilson and think he should be paid fairly, just not 25 mill a year all guranteed.  Take out the Tannyhill contract, Tanny gave it to him, think about how you felt about the Sanchez  contract, and the Newton contract, dont know what they were smoking.  I am thinking 18 - 20 mill a year  4 years 36 - 40 guranteed take what you want out of it for signing bonus.  As for him on Indy, He and indy wold both suck.  Thier defense would give up the lead often and he is not a comback type of quarterback.  He is also not as advanced as luck at multiple offensive sets and checking off recievers.  

The easiest way to mesure worth is if a trade were offered straight up who would you take.  Hell I make take Jamis over Wilson.

Pretty accurate I would say. May take out Foles as not enough info and Smith as he is the sam as wilson, a game manager. I love wilson and think he should be paid fairly, just not 25 mill a year all guranteed. Take out the Tannyhill contract, Tanny gave it to him, think about how you felt about the Sanchez contract, and the Newton contract, dont know what they were smoking. I am thinking 18 - 20 mill a year 4 years 36 - 40 guranteed take what you want out of it for signing bonus. As for him on Indy, He and indy wold both suck. Thier defense would give up the lead often and he is not a comback type of quarterback. He is also not as advanced as luck at multiple offensive sets and checking off recieverss.

The easiest way to mesure worth is if a trade were offered straight up who would you take. Hell I make take Jamis over Wilson.

OMFG

So if Indy called seattle and said straight up I will trade Andrew Luck for Willison you dont think they would do it in a heart beat?

You think Wilson and Alex Smith are comparable and think Foles is debatably a better player.

I'm done with this discussion those are asinine opinions.

New NFL dude. It's a qb-league

Dont care if its a qb League, it is still a salary cap league.  If you cripple yourself on the cap and tie up 100 mill and he gets hurt the first year of a 4 year contract you are screwed for a long time.  If it were not for the cap pay him what ever the owner can afford.

Ok, forget it. Lynch and the D go 7-9, 7-9 immediately before Wilson and then turn it around and go 36-12. And you're still going to stick to Lynch and the D makes Wilson. From 7 wins per to 12 is a huge difference. You have to give him a hell of a lot more credit than you're giving him. He's the Seahawks.

I give you the improvement but did you see who the seahawks had playing QB 2010 and 2011,  MAtt Hasselbeck 27 interceptions 49 sacks, and Tararis Jackson 13 interceptions and 42 sacks.  So wilson came in and they simplified the offense, slowed down the game,  strengthed the oline and sacks and int went way down.  Yes Wilson was a big part of it but hell Alex Smith could do the same thing.  It you are down 17 points Wilson is not throwing for 300 yards and bringing you back.  He excels at what he does but dont ask him to do what he cant.

You think Wilson and Alex Smith are comparable and think Foles is debatably a better player.

I'm done with this discussion those are asinine opinions.

Only one Asinie opinion here it seems.  I said Wilson and Smith are both game managerers I did not say Smith is better.  As for Foles gong off his first year in Philly he is the greatest QB ever.  We know that is not true, I simply said we dont have a big enough data set to say what he is.  You seem very defensive about your man.  Just give me an honest answer Wilson or Luck straight up, who do you take? 

I give you the improvement but did you see who the seahawks had playing QB 2010 and 2011,  MAtt Hasselbeck 27 interceptions 49 sacks, and Tararis Jackson 13 interceptions and 42 sacks.  So wilson came in and they simplified the offense, slowed down the game,  strengthed the oline and sacks and int went way down.  Yes Wilson was a big part of it but hell Alex Smith could do the same thing.  It you are down 17 points Wilson is not throwing for 300 yards and bringing you back.  He excels at what he does but dont ask him to do what he cant.

What? They simplified the game, slowed it down and he won lots of games? Lol, he's so over rated. Anyone could have done. Except for one little problem, no one other than Wilson did it. This as bad an argument anyone can make. Yeah he won but anyone could have. Or yeah he won but they blah, blah, blah.

I'm not sure if this is sarcasm? Lmao

Assume you are talking about for 1 season ... If so, these are who I disagree with you over

Afcn: flacco

Afcw: smith (debatable), rivers

Nfce: romo

Nfcs: Newton (debatable),

Archived