RUSSELL WILSON ASKS SEAHAWKS TO TRY AGAIN WITH NEW CONTRACT

jeaniec

Dont care if its a qb League, it is still a salary cap league. If you cripple yourself on the cap and tie up 100 mill and he gets hurt the first year of a 4 year contract you are screwed for a long time. If it were not for the cap pay him what ever the owner can afford.

That Flacco contract really killed the Ravens. They probably beat the patriots in the playoffs if the pats use a regularly inflated ball and get a turnover as a result.

The draft in the nfl makes it possible to field a good roster without having a ton of cap space. The fact that a GM can get 7-8 contributors at the cost of $5 mil in cap room is huge.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only one Asinie opinion here it seems. I said Wilson and Smith are both game managerers I did not say Smith is better. As for Foles gong off his first year in Philly he is the greatest QB ever. We know that is not true, I simply said we dont have a big enough data set to say what he is. You seem very defensive about your man. Just give me an honest answer Wilson or Luck straight up, who do you take?

Foles sucks he is going to be so exposed with the rams. Luck is arguably the best in the game I take him over Wilson but that doesn't mean Wilson isn't still one of the best qb's in the league

That Flacco contract really killed the Ravens. They probably beat the patriots in the playoffs if the pats use a regularly inflated ball and get a turnover as a result.

The draft in the nfl makes it possible to field a good roster without having a ton of cap space. The fact that a GM can get 7-8 contributors at the cost of $5 mil in cap room is huge.

Joe Flacco signed a 6 year, $120,600,000 contract with the Baltimore Ravens, including a $29,000,000 signing bonus, $29,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $20,100,000.  They did not not guarentee 120 million.  If they want to pay Wilson this go for it.  25 mill fully guarenteed for 5 is suicide.

Foles sucks he is going to be so exposed with the rams. Luck is arguably the best in the game I take him over Wilson but that doesn't mean Wilson isn't still one of the best qb's in the league

Foles may suck, he may not suck, lets see how he plays this year under a very good coach.  WIlson is a top 10 QB but not a top 3 QB or even a top 5 QB.  (Rodgers, Brady Manning, Brees, Luck) Throw in Big ben, Flacco and Stafford and fit Wilson into that group. 

Here are the QBs id take over Wilson:

Afce: Brady

Afcn: Ben, flacco

Afcs: Luck

Afcw: manning, smith (debatable), rivers

Nfce: Eli, romo

Nfcs: brees, Newton (debatable),

Nfcn: Rodgers, stafford

Nfcw: Foles

Ummmm I'm not going to insult you..

But you think Eli Manning, Romo, Foles and Stafford are better than Wilson.. Why?

Eli has a little better passing percentage than Sanchez, Romo sucked in pressure situation until last year, Foles has yet to win a playoff game and his own HC got rid of him for an often injured QB with potential....

Stafford  the same has worked with perhaps the best WR of all time and still hasn't won...

I could go through the rest of your list but why bother...

Good Grief!

What? They simplified the game, slowed it down and he won lots of games? Lol, he's so over rated. Anyone could have done. Except for one little problem, no one other than Wilson did it. This as bad an argument anyone can make. Yeah he won but anyone could have. Or yeah he won but they blah, blah, blah.

Indeed Wilson played great.

This isn't a Sanchez situation whereby Wilson played ok while being with a great defense...........

Again Wilson played great!!

If Wilson were a Jet folks would be out here arguing he was the GOAT.....

Equal madness....

Ummmm I'm not going to insult you..

But you think Eli Manning, Romo, Foles and Stafford are better than Wilson.. Why?

Eli has a little better passing percentage than Sanchez, Romo sucked in pressure situation until last year, Foles has yet to win a playoff game and his own HC got rid of him for an often injured QB with potential....

Stafford the same has worked with perhaps the best WR of all time and still hasn't won...

I could go through the rest of your list but why bother...

Good Grief!

Eli is debatable he has the hardware.

Saying Romo and Foles are even in Wilsons league is laughable.

You need to stop.

Wow. Wilson is WAY better than the 15th QB in the NFL

Here is your list edited to what I think (based on more than a one year 

Afcn: Rapelisburger (debatable),

Afcw: 

Nfce: 

Nfcs: 

Nfcn: Rodgers

Nfcw: 

For this year only

Afcn:Rapelisburger (debatable

Afcw: 

Nfce:  romo

Nfcs: brees, 

Nfcw: 

I think the elder Manning is done.

Afcw: 

Nfce: 

Nfcs: 

Nfcw: 

For this year only

Afcw: 

Nfce:  romo

Nfcw: 

I guess we disagree.  I wouldn't adjust my list even for more than 1 year.  In the NFL, you worry about winning in 2015.  You can't worry too much about 2016.  Too much player movement....

I don't think you can win 11-12 games with wilson if you need him to drop back 40 times a game.  If I am paying my QB 20M, he needs to be able to win games dropping back 40+ times.

Afcw:

Nfce:

Nfcs:

Nfcw:

For this year only

Afcw:

Nfce: romo

Nfcw:

Don't bother talking sense. This is definitely one of the most asinine content threads I've read in a while. The fact that anyone who claims to watch football would say Foles and Wilson is a debate just boggles my mind.

But hey a significant part of this fan base liked both the Tebow and Vick moves when they happened.

I guess we disagree.  I wouldn't adjust my list even for more than 1 year.  In the NFL, you worry about winning in 2015.  You can't worry too much about 2016.  Too much player movement....

I don't think you can win 11-12 games with wilson if you need him to drop back 40 times a game.  If I am paying my QB 20M, he needs to be able to win games dropping back 40+ times.

Sme was said of Brady early in his career. Put Wilson on Indy and he puts up similar if not better numbers than Luck. In the games he has been asked to throw a lot. Wilson has performed. If anything Seattle is way too conservative with him.

Or thrown the ball where no one could get it seeing as they still had time on the clock, or ran the thing in himself. The call was terrible but for the 20m+ per year fully guaranteed that he is demanding he should have made a better decision.

Pete Carroll should have been fired for that call!!!!

Don't bother talking sense. This is definitely one of the most asinine content threads I've read in a while. The fact that anyone who claims to watch football would say Foles and Wilson is a debate just boggles my mind.

But hey a significant part of this fan base liked both the Tebow and Vick moves when they happened.

I thought Tebow was a GREAT move when it happened. Same with Vick.

The fact was that neither got a fair chance to succeed here in NY. Tebow should have absolutely started over Sanchez and Vick should have started over Geno. Both of those guys were proven winners. Winners know how to win, regardless of how they do it.

The fact was that neither got a fair chance to succeed here in NY. Tebow should have absolutely started over Sanchez and Vick should have started over Geno. Both of those guys were proven winners. Winners know how to win, regardless of how they do it.

Sanchez is a better QB than Tebow, and it isn't even close. This is me saying this. 

A full season of Tim Tebow throwing to Stephen Hill + Chaz Schilens/Clyde Gates? Sounds like the proposed cast of Necessary Roughness II. 

Denver went with him over Orton so they could tank the season without having to look like they were tanking, under the auspices of caving in to the fans. A series of impossible accidents is not a strategy (nor is it a forecast for a bright QB career to come). They didn't even want him back as a great teammate plus experienced/"winner" backup, and took any offer they could get. It just sucks for us that Tannenbaum was the one who gave it to them. 

Yet you make fun of others?

Archived