Painfully awkward interview with John Harbaugh on The Herd.

BallinPB

Just listened to it - F Jim Harbaugh. He's a world-class douche. He won't recruit many star athletes if he keeps acting like that on interviews. And for the record, he KNOWS why he was on the interview, he just chose to stick it to Colin Butthurt. 

Sounds like he was just totally unprepared for the interview. Either that or he was just being an ahole which is even worse

How did He sound unprepared? The questions that were asked didn't come out of no where and they weren't off the wall. Just asking basic questions about how he feels about this or that and how he does this or that...

Was Cowherd really the best on-air talent ESPN could find?

Um,  yeah, and Cowherd will eventually be a household name because he is by far the best sports talk show host in the country. Who else should ESPN put in that time slot? Fatcessa? Stephen A? Lupica? I'm sure you love all 3 of those buffoons. 

Um, yeah, and Cowherd will eventually be a household name because he is by far the best sports talk show host in the country. Who else should ESPN put in that time slot? Fatcessa? Stephen A? Lupica? I'm sure you love all 3 of those buffoons.

Jesus .. The three guys you just named. Smh. Maybe you're right.

How did He sound unprepared? The questions that were asked didn't come out of no where and they weren't off the wall. Just asking basic questions about how he feels about this or that and how he does this or that...

What I meant really was it sounded like he just woke up or something.  I could've went up there and answered those questions.  

I didnt even think it was that bad. I've heard worse. Colin is just an ass hat and took offense to Jim giving him a little dig for asking stupid redundant questions. Colin acting like his show is some amazing venue to sell his program was the biggest joke of it all. He's Jim Harbaugh at Michigan, he doesn't need that tools show one bit. I would have taken offense at him acting like I needed him too. And the nerve to start comparing him to other coaches? Wow

Harbaugh is really strange and awkward person but that was all Colin. Colin, like his typical self got butt hurt because Jim was giving him a run of the mill interview.

I didnt even think it was that bad. I've heard worse. Colin is just an ass hat and took offense to Jim giving him a little dig for asking stupid redundant questions. Colin acting like his show is some amazing venue to sell his program was the biggest joke of it all. He's Jim Harbaugh at Michigan, he doesn't need that tools show one bit. I would have taken offense at him acting like I needed him too. And the nerve to start comparing him to other coaches? Wow

Harbaugh is really strange and awkward person but that was all Colin. Colin, like his typical self got butt hurt because Jim was giving him a run of the mill interview.

I have to respectfully disagree.

He's Jim Harbaugh at Michigan, he doesn't need that tools show one bit.

This is delusional. If you think high school athletes don't listen to ESPN and aren't influenced by what they hear, you're naïve at best. Your public persona is very important to 17-year-olds, especially when your program hasn't won dick in forever!!!!

This is delusional. If you think high school athletes don't listen to ESPN and aren't influenced by what they hear, you're naïve at best. Your public persona is very important to 17-year-olds, especially when your program hasn't won dick in forever!!!!

Actually you're the naive one here. HS students can give a rats ass how a coach sounded on a show a year before they declare. They care about national exposure on TV, Bowl games and the number of players who go on to the NFL from the program.

Not radio interviews that are meaningless

The question isn't as much as how he did on the interview, but Cowherd (and I am no big fan of Cowherd) basically said this is you opportunity to sell your program to recruits.  They might not listen to this interview, but Harbaugh better have better answers and be more friendly and genuine if he expects to land any top talent.  I don't care as much about the interview, but it was clear that Harbaugh couldn't carry his side of the conversation.  Maybe it was just a bad day or he wasn't into it, but damn, he better work on his interpersonal skills or leave the recruiting/closing to someone else.

I'd have to disagree also.  I don't think the questions Colin asked were stupid at all.  You're right that Colin shouldnt be comparing him to those other coaches though because all of those other coaches are actually proven championship winners and Harbaugh is neither proven on the college level or a championship winner on any level.  

This was a bad interview for the fact that most of his responses were I don't know.  You're the face of Michigan football talking on a national show.  You have to do better than that.

It was bad. Colin tried to draw something, anything that was interesting or had a little flare...

Harbaugh answered everything in such a mundane fashion that even Mr. "we gotta play better, we gotta coach better" Belicheat thought it was lame.

Um,  yeah, and Cowherd will eventually be a household name because he is by far the best sports talk show host in the country. Who else should ESPN put in that time slot? Fatcessa? Stephen A? Lupica? I'm sure you love all 3 of those buffoons.

I'll assume you're being sarcastic, because if you're not, this is the dumbest statement I've seen in a while. They're all buffoons, including that total idiot Cowherd. He's frankly impossible to bear. I actually prefer Francessa, which is how bad he is.

Actually you're the naive one here. HS students can give a rats ass how a coach sounded on a show a year before they declare. They care about national exposure on TV, Bowl games and the number of players who go on to the NFL from the program.

Not radio interviews that are meaningless

Okay. So the most connected generation in history, where EVERYONE has Twitter and gets 130 character updates on every topic, won't get - "Michigan coach F's up on national radio," and they're too young and stupid to remember that when that coach - who hasn't won dick with that sh*tty Big Blue program - is sitting in said recruits living room? Okay, I'm delusional.

pretty much this.

It really didn't start getting awkward until about half way through and I think Cowherd had more to do with that then Harbaugh

That opening question by Cowherd was just awful.  He makes Francesa look like a great interviewer.

Okay. So the most connected generation in history, where EVERYONE has Twitter and gets 130 character updates on every topic, won't get - "Michigan coach F's up on national radio," and they're too young and stupid to remember that when that coach - who hasn't won dick with that sh*tty Big Blue program - is sitting in said recruits living room? Okay, I'm delusional.

The only place I've seen it is here.

And whether JH makes an ass on the radio or not doesn't put a dime in a players pocket. Bowl games, the exposure a school and players get and players getting to the NFL does. Yes, you're delusional if you believe a radio interview is more important.

I thought the interviewer was being a shmo. That question about a "bye", I didn't know what he meant either - like Harbough, I thought he meant "bye" week... what the hell was that?  As far as telling him to sell the program, what is Harbough supposed to say? RA Ra ra, come to my school? I think the interviewer put him in an awkward position with dumb awkward questions. Harbough is a no-nonsense guy, and he did the best he can considering. don't think his answers will deter  anyone from going to Michigan.

I thought the interviewer was being a shmo. That question about a "bye", I didn't know what he meant either - like Harbough, I thought he meant "bye" week... what the hell was that? As far as telling him to sell the program, what is Harbough supposed to say? RA Ra ra, come to my school? I think the interviewer put him in an awkward position with dumb awkward questions. Harbough is a no-nonsense guy, and he did the best he can considering. don't think his answers will deter anyone from going to Michigan.

I too thought he meant bye.

It's like he was expecting a, well, Rex like response.

Dude, Jim Harbaugh calls you and says we want to offer you a full ride...you think that kid is going to go, "idk coach, the way you handled that interview with Colin Cowherd, I think I'll pass" .

Lmfao.  And i'm the delusional one?  Come'on. Especially if the kid is from Michigan.  lol.  Literally zero chance that stupid interview that 95% of the country will never hear, plays any factor into someones decision making for a college.

Ever seen a Saban interview?  Spurrier?  lol

The only place I've seen it is here.

And whether JH makes an ass on the radio or not doesn't put a dime in a players pocket. Bowl games, the exposure a school and players get and players getting to the NFL does. Yes, you're delusional if you believe a radio interview is more important.

Dude, Jim Harbaugh calls you and says we want to offer you a full ride...you think that kid is going to go, "idk coach, the way you handled that interview with Colin Cowherd, I think I'll pass" .

Lmfao.  And i'm the delusional one?  Come'on. Especially if the kid is from Michigan.  lol.  Literally zero chance that stupid interview that 95% of the country will never hear, plays any factor into someones decision making for a college.

Ever seen a Saban interview?  Spurrier?  lol

You both are wrong, but I forgive you.

Archived